Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineredworm

Atlantis found?
    #482510 - 12/06/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011206/sc/cuba_discovery_dc.html]

well, we're not sure yet. But with the finding of the http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/phikent/japan/japan2.html underwater ancient city near Japan not too long ago...... we shall see.

--------------------
------
We are all, infinite and together.

Edited by redworm (12/06/01 10:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: redworm]
    #482561 - 12/06/01 10:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I think that might be Lemuria. Atlantis is about under the Bermuda Triangle I believe.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #482602 - 12/07/01 12:05 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the links!!!!

I read about that structure off okinawa in the Japan Times sometime last year, it had a couple of those photos as well...and surprise surprise after ONE half page article that was the last I ever heard about it. This find is interesting when compared to pottery from the Jomon period in ancient japan (around 12-10,000 years ago). Jomon pottery is beautiful, bowls and jugs and things all ceramic with fantastic geometric patterns - a lot of chinese pottery in the museum of oriental antiquities here in tokyo has a distinctly mayan feel to it with sharp angles and crazy patterns (sorry, can't describe patterns very well in words). but anyway ten thousand year old jomon pottery is fantastic and very complex, yet the things from later periods are back to crude unadorned bowls and cups like I a child could make with a lump of clay.

so Shroomism, what was Lemuria?

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #482748 - 12/07/01 04:38 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

this is a little off-topic, but has anyone read the book Atlantis Found by clive cussler? i bought it at the airport a while back, it was pretty good. its his latest book, i think

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #482756 - 12/07/01 05:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Atlantis lies beneath the ice of antarctica.

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Traveller]
    #482760 - 12/07/01 05:59 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Lemuria was around at the same time as Atlantis, it was an island of highly spiritual people..except they were more intuitive than the technological people of Atlantis.

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: BBin]
    #483236 - 12/07/01 03:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I also have heard that Atlantis might be under Antarctica. I saw a show on TV that said there was some sort of bizarre disaster on earth about 10,000-12,000 years ago, caused by the polar ice caps becoming too heavy until they unbalanced the poles or something and the entire crust of the planet sort of shifted. According to the show, this is what may have cause Noah's flood and the loss of Antlantis. The show also talked a lot about unbelievably accurate maps of North and South America that were floating around during the middle ages, way before these continents were allegedly "discovered." I wish I could remember more about what they said, it was a really interesting show.

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: champ]
    #483403 - 12/07/01 06:35 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i had a similar theory.
remember the "canopy theory"? that at one time (before the flood mentioned in genesis) the earth was surrounded by a layer of water vapor.

genesis 7:11 ...and the windows of the heavens were opened (or, and the floodgates of the sky were opened.)

how much of the earth's water was in that canopy?
enough for biblical mention.
could it also have been enough to keep the entire surface of the earth at a regulated livable temperature?
even the poles?

the loss of a canopy would have created an entirely new system of weather on the planet. perhaps one that allowed for the build up of ice on the poles. maybe worse than we have now. an ice age? when was it supposed to have ended? 10,000 years ago? 12,000 years ago? Yeah, that fits.
How far back does our record of mankind go back? 12,000 year old stone tools, cave art, burial rituals. hmm? (why do we all have rituals for the dead?)

who were the atlantians? do we have records from them?
of them?

then the lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. -genesis 6:5

what were the atlantians up to?

for the coming of the son of man will be just like the days of noah. for as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, they were marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that noah enter the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away... -matthew 24:37-39a

maybe the atlantians were just like us. living life.
i don't think they were any different than any other culture.
if we ever did find a sit to excavate or whatever i doubt we'd find anything "enlightening" about the universe.

that which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that which will be done. so, there is nothing new under the sun. -ecclesiastes 1:9

of course there may be something in that magic myan calendar that blows my theory to shit.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Axiom420]
    #484059 - 12/08/01 12:43 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

There does seem to be a lot of support for the idea that whatever happened at that time happened very suddenly. The climate just changed all over the earth, and places that had been livable just weren't anymore. The justification of this belief comes from the fact that there are so many frozen prehistorical animals from the same time. And also from the behavior of the world's oceans--growing and sinking and flooding things, which fits in with your theory about the canopy of moisture. I have heard about inland saltwater that was cut off from its ocean, I think maybe the Red Sea is like that.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #484116 - 12/08/01 01:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Puh-lease people! There is only ONE reference to Atlantis throughout history and that is from Plato, who got the story third-hand. The Greeks did not sail anywhere near Japan nor Bermuda.

Any stories written about Atalntis since Aancient Greece are PURE fantasy based soley on imagination.

Are there not any discerning minds on the shroomery or do you guys swallow every story whole?

Yes, once more, Swami is the bad guy.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: champ]
    #484119 - 12/08/01 01:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

There does seem to be a lot of support for the idea that whatever happened at that time happened very suddenly. The climate just changed all over the earth, and places that had been livable just weren't anymore. The justification of this belief comes from the fact that there are so many frozen prehistorical animals from the same time. And also from the behavior of the world's oceans--growing and sinking and flooding things

I believe it's called a Pole Shift.

Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Swami]
    #484120 - 12/08/01 02:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for being the bad guy Swami. Your presence keeps things interesting.

Invisiblecantara
Loc: Beyond the sun
    #484490 - 12/08/01 09:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Again I have to verbally come out in favor of Swami here, as I have in silence for many of his (her?) posts. I read the threads on this board semi-regularly and from time to time even contribute something (usually about dreaming) - but I am frankly amused at some of the things that this board's faithful take as just a given. It is surprising to me, and a little saddening. I know there are a lot of strange things that happen in this world, and I myself believe a strange thing or two, but many of the things on this board (alien/human relations, shadow people, pole shift, 2012) that so many of the faithful swear by are just amusing to me.

Shadow people - I don't have any firsthand experience with this, but on its surface it appears laughable. It is something I would personally not believe until/unless I or someone I trusted implicitly experienced it.

Alien/human relations - I am not even certain there are aliens, and if there are, I don't know that they have anything to do with us here. I think the whole alien/human thing can be attributable to pretty predictable factors.

Pole shit - Shroomism, can you point to any kind of evidence (links, etc) for believing as you do, or is it a point of sheer faith?

2012 - I happen to believe a *lot* of what Terence McKenna said was right on the money, and very accurate observations. Many of the things he writes, I myself believe. But about the whole 2012 thing, I just don't see any strong argument for it. Again, is there a *reason* to believe this to be so, or is it an article of pure faith?

I have to say that, in reading the many threads on this board, I have silently agreed with Swami's cool-headed insistence on grounding yourself in *this* reality or at least getting some kind of evidence for believing something. Now at last, I speak out, and I don't mind to be the "bad guy" either, along with Swami.

But my purpose is not to attempt to stem the discussion; rather to take part interactively in it and try to understand why the more well-spoken but "out-there", in terms of beliefs, among us feel as they do.

--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: cantara]
    #484542 - 12/08/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

While I could point you to hundreds of links and books that carry this information, I have learned that those questioning such beliefs will 95% of the time claim them as unscientific, or not based in reality. Which is fine. I'm not in the business of changing people's minds. A lot of these things are firmly grounded in reality, while others are indeed quite "out there".. The truth lies in the eye of the beholder.
To believe in some of these things is in some ways similar to religion...it requires a faith, and personal experience. Since I cannot give either to anyone, I can only share my opinions and experiences with the hopes of finding others who have had similar experiences.
Arguing about spirituality is about as futile as trying to start a fire underwater. The scientific cry out for proof and facts, and while proof does indeed exist on many levels, it is disregarded as not sufficient, or not real proof. Whatever. The only way one can find such truths is to find them within themselves. Others can show a path to be taken, but it is up to the individual to take the path.
As far as the 2012 thing, the pole shift, aliens, etc.. if you are truly interested and not just trying to a rouse out of me, I am willing to discuss with you the reason for my beliefs and can also show you many websites, books, and other people who share this belief. To me, it is no longer a belief and has become a truth. This is due to many personal experiences where beliefs have crossed into reality.
I will say this again, proof exists for the individual. I cannot prove to you or anyone else what I know to be true. Truth is subjective.
For example lets say that I say that crop circles are evidence of alien life visiting our planet. Someone arguing could say that it is just people with boards making them. Then I would say well how do they cover 400 yards of crops, making perfect figures, bending all the crops at 90 degree angles, intertwining each grain with others in groups of three, leave trace amounts of radiation, and no evidence of ever being there? Then the person could say oh its very easily done with a satellite imagery. Then I would say well how about certain crop circles which were not there one moment, and 5 minutes later a 300 foot wide crop circle appears outside a castle with no one ever seeing anyone entering or leaving...such as this one:

The argument could go on forever, if someone believes they are right then they are, no questions.
Anyone who believes in God is basing this belief purely on faith. Sure you may have had experiences in which God spoke to you...but can you prove it to me?

Semantics aside, I think the best way we can come together (the out-there people and the scientific people) is to find a middle ground in which we can both subjectively relate to one another without being insulted or attacking one another. It is assumed often that I have no basis in reality, or shun science. Nothing could be further from the truth. I myself was a very scientific person growing up, I questioned everything that could not be proven with equations or pictures or scientific evidence. Over time, I began to discover my spiritual side and began to see the things that can only be proven to the individual. The unseen things, the unspoken words. The things that are felt not seen. While I do not agree with all science says, I do not completely shun it. Science is our way of dissecting nature. Spirituality is our way of living with it and letting things just 'be'. If a middle ground could be reached, our world would be forever changed.

Invisiblecantara
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: ]
    #484577 - 12/08/01 10:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I *am* quite interested to discuss it with you, and am not simply trying to get a rouse out of you. I have said, honestly, that the things you state, I don't believe myself, but that does NOT preclude me from discussing why/how you feel as you do, nor does it lessen my interest in why you feel that way. If people never changed their beliefs the world would be a pretty static place. I might yet agree with you. I *am* in fact interested in why you feel as you do.

--------------------
---- Cantara

Anonymous

#484603 - 12/08/01 11:01 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You should start a new thread and brief us on crop circles... i've seen a lot of pictures but read very little information, i'm very interested.

Invisiblecantara
Re: Atlantis found? [Re: Anonymous]
    #484608 - 12/08/01 11:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

My problem with putting faith in crop circles as indication of something paranormal is that I have seen TV specials featuring interviews with guys who confess to have done these things. Granted, obviously because one team of guys are hoaxers and some of the circles are hoaxes, doesn't mean they all are, but specifically on the subject of crop circles I would be interested to see the details of 1-2 of them that, for a combination of various reasons, seem impossible to have been hoaxed.

--------------------
---- Cantara

Anonymous

Re: Atlantis found? [Re: cantara]
    #484628 - 12/08/01 11:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

check the new thread. It has some pictures of genuine circles, as well as links which will bring you to hundreds of links about crop circles, the second link is all about showing the fake crop circles from the real ones. There are facts involved which could not be done by human hands.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #484908 - 12/09/01 09:47 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

While I could point you to hundreds of links and books that carry this information,
As I have previously pointed out, the sheer amount of printed matter, does not equate to truth. There was nothing written on Atlantis for several thousand years until one imaginitave author made a best-seller in the mid 1800s, then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. There have since been hundreds of such books published. Not one of those books is based on any sort of historical evidence

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

#485131 - 12/09/01 02:35 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

There was nothing written on Atlantis for several thousand years until one imaginitave author made a best-seller in the mid 1800s, then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. There have since been hundreds of such books published. Not one of those books is based on any sort of historical evidence

And I suppose you have read all of these books?

As I have previously pointed out, the sheer amount of printed matter, does not equate to truth.

Nor have I ever stated that quantity of printed material equates to truth. What does make sense, is to read them first and then form an opinion. You cannot judge something which you know nothing of.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom