Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Salvage operation
    #482559 - 12/07/01 12:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok this was posted in mushroom cultivation, I don't know why I posted it in there and not here.

I innoculated with some old sporeprints. Most of the jars were very very slow to begin colonising (approx 3 weeks before first signs) and then they contaminated. Anyway thats beside the point.

I have 4 jars, most of which have colonised part of the top layer (the supposedly dry one, here's a tip - the dry verm layer doesn't exactly stay dry with a microwave).

Anyway, they have first signs of a little contam but I really need a fresh print so I'm going to try to fruit a couple of the jars like a casing because essentially, if they were casings they would be ready.

Obviously I need to do that pretty damn fast before contam takes a hold (hence, they are in the fridge right now enjoying some cold shocking).

Anybody got any suggestions as to what i could/should do in this matter. Please, avoid telling me to start again - I've been growing long enough to know that I could well get what I want here (a print so i can start new).

I have just taken them out of the fridge, I have taken the tops off them and placed them 2 to a container covered in saran wrap.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Salvage operation [Re: flaw]
    #482624 - 12/07/01 02:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

my wookie friend had the same problem... he has solved it by talking off the contaminated parts and by burying the semi crumbled cake under a little plant, in a wet and well shaded place. contaminants have gone... it seems that on soil the mycelium can heal much better... the plant can help because it keeps the area wet... it has fruited once, its gonna be cased now in order to take cleaner prints... (though 1st crop prints should be good)...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology