Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Hmmmm.... So I'm in the process of getting ready to harvest my first crop. I noticed a few things that I am worried about...
Some of my mushrooms' caps look like they were touched with a lighter or something on the top and have what looks like a mild burn mark on them. Is this ok or should i trash the shrooms. Also some of the pearlite looks a little moldy or something ( a little grey ) -- and it was right under a cake. I moved the cake and took out the grey shit , but could it lead to contam?
It could be spores as pointed out but it also could be the mold getting ahold of your shrooms. Its up to you in this respect to make the judgement. If they look as if they are rotting (black is gooey etc) then obviously the contamination has got to them. If it appears to be purple-ish black dust then your boys have been dropping their spores and you have nothing to worry about. Touch the burn mark, if the dust comes off onto you finger then you have your answer.