Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Dryad's Saddle
    #4791402 - 10/12/05 02:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So I cloned some tissue that I collected from the stump out back and put it into LC.  It appears to have growth, but I'm wondering--does anyone have any experience trying to cultivate this? 

Had three (naturally occurring)  flushes this spring/summer in the outdoors.  The things popped up HUGE after a couple of rainy days. 

Just wondering if anyone has tried this.  Thanks.  :smile:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: Dryad's Saddle [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4795976 - 10/12/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I collected some Dryad's last season and could not find a way to cook them to make 'em even remotely pleasing to the palate. YUK.

Do you enjoy eating them?

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Dryad's Saddle [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #4796062 - 10/12/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sort of like tofu, I guess...filler. Put it in soups. Not to be used as the main course, just as an accent to vegetable dishes, stuff like that.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Dryad's Saddle [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4800490 - 10/13/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, just throw it in some chilli for extra nutrition & free food.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Dryad's Saddle [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4811138 - 10/16/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ahh the dryad saddle... i had some similiar experience the first year i was picking it... nothing but really chewy hard mushrooms, not very appeatizing at all.. next year.. heard about a mushroom called the "pheasant's back"... polyporus squamosus.. by some very knowledgable professional wildcrafters... this interested me but after looking it up in the book, ahh the dreaded dryad saddle! well i decided to give it another chance... taking some advice from my friends, i picked the mushrooms just as they began to fan out, no more then 3 inches... and how pleased was I! after eating some cultivated oysters this first fresh wild treat of spring really took me aback, and won a favorite in our house in the early spring... we actually sold pounds and pounds of it to gourmet restaurants.. who payed close to $15/lb for them, and bought all we could bring.... of course, we only brought them the best, youngest, most tender mushrooms that we could find, and they loved them.. the secret to enjoying this mushroom is when you pick it!

as for cultivating... i am most likely going to try it this winter, as i cloned a nice specimen and am interested in growing it simply in the basement, as it is a cold weather tolerant mushroom, one of the first to appear, even before morels.. we'll see how it goes.. id suggest simply using the same substrate for any wood lover, shitake, lion's mane, maitake etc.... mainly sawdust with woodchips mixed in and a bit of some wheat bran for supplement.. sterilize in filter bags in the PC then inoculate with grain... grow it out then just cut the bag off carefully, put it in the fruiting chamber and wait.. only time will tell how this mushroom does, please post pics of any progress you make!

good luck

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds