Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Scavenger Hunt Winners List
    #4810887 - 10/16/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

drum roll.................................
and the Grand Prize winner is:

indianprincess

CONGRATULATIONS, you have correctly answered all of the questions. :handth:
Everyone give indianprincess a big round of applause and your congratulations. It is well deserved.

Our second place prize will go to.......

ComndrCody
He correctly chimed in with the answer to the tie breaker: Lipa Yai.
ComndrCody @ 2:09 pm
Swingline @ 2:12 pm
tristan1018 @ 2:20 pm
thanks guys, its been really fun.

So as our Grand Prize winner indianprincess will receive:
Hippiechick's fogger
Roadkill's SA print between 2 glass slides
5 lbs of dry shredded h poo from yours truly.
A blue meanies print from CaptainKirk
A Koh Sumai syringe from CaptainKirk
indianprincess choose these four:
Lipa Yai, and Hillbilly from myself and
Mexican Albino and Yosterizii from mskip

As the second place winner ComndrCody
will receive:
a blue meanies syring from CaptainKirk
a Koh Samui syringe from CaptainKirk
the two remaining syringes a tapalpa from backupwards
and a kreeper from mskip

and a Third place will be given to Swinglinefor getting the tie breaker in second. Swingline will receive:
a Koh Sumai syringe from CaptainKirk
a blue meanies syringe from CaptainKirk

If any of the contributors have a problem with their donations being split up between different people, PLEASE let me know and i will compensate you for the postage, thanks.

So now for the surprise prize:
I have made arrangements with Shdwstr at the FSRCanada for everyone to receive a South American print. All contestants who finished the hunt will receive one.
They are:
indianprincess
ComndrCody
Swingline
tristan1018
Rab15bit
WhiteBunny
chadwick
LazyGnome
adi
Pixie1420
Prajna (whom i give great praise to, had they been in from day one would have given you all a run for your money.)

You will all be contacted shortly for your mailing info, please don't pm me any until after you are contacted. thanks.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING ALONG..........I have had a blast.

:peace:

Edited by backupwards (10/17/05 06:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadi
Ace
 User Gallery

Loc: Great Outdoors
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: backupwards]
    #4810906 - 10/16/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

That's awesome! Congrats to the winners of course and also everyone else that managed to submit their answers. Thanks a lot to backupwards for holding this awesome contest and also the others for donating prizes, you all rock!

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4810910 - 10/16/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Here is how the points broke down:
indian princess 25 points
ComndrCody 24 points
Swingline 24 points
tristan1018 24 points
Pixie1420 24 points
Rab15bit 22 points
LazyGnome 22 points
adi 22 points
chadwick 21 points
WhiteBunny 19 points
and our late entry
Prajna 18 points.

If anyone would like to pm me to find out what ones and why they were marked as wrong, i will be more than happy to tell you.

thanks.

OfflineComndrCody
Wanderer
Loc: North East; Brrrr
    #4810911 - 10/16/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats everybody!  :cheer:

Thank you to all the contributors!  You guys rock!  It was a blast and I can't wait to see the fruits of my labor. (And the fruit of the fruits of my labor :grin:)  And of course, last but certainly not least, thanks backupwards!  You rock!

--------------------
I'm kinda addicted to free stuff.

OfflinePrajna
ReliablyUnreliable
 User Gallery

Loc: Proud Canadian
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: ComndrCody]
    #4810971 - 10/16/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats guys! 

Good job on quietly kicking ass indian princess! 
It was fun thanks again backupwards and thanks to the FSR.  I'll make sure to donate back when I get a chance.  A nice introduction for me to the board...:cheers:

--------------------

Offlinetristan1018
shroomster
 User Gallery
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: ComndrCody]
    #4810983 - 10/16/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

so close yet so far, sweet surprise man, thanks so much!!! Man, i can't believe i missed the one i missed, haha great contest though, would like to see more!!

--------------------
Fool-Proof Guide to Casing!

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

Loc: the layer cake
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: Prajna]
    #4810992 - 10/16/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks everyone

--------------------
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

"Everything that we know and understand comes down to perception, and by altering this perception we shake everything we know. All that you and I can know and understand is what we can see smell hear think touch and so on, and when something like mushrooms or salvia alters this steady perception, it can break reality permanently." - Dihnekis

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: LazyGnome]
    #4811047 - 10/16/05 01:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Here are all the day 5 answers, some of you will probably now notice why you weren't give full points on your responses:

DAY 5 by indianprincess

Tell me about 5 things you have learned during this hunt, giving a brief description of each and how that knowledge will better your mycological research. It doesn't have to deal with any of the question from the hunt either.

1. I learned how much information is really on this site. If you just click on the Faq's selection it doesn't seem like much, but if you click into one category it will take you into a subcategory then another, and another... Sometimes I have to dig a little, but truly any question could be answered on this site. Also, that the search option is key in researching specific topics. I can't think of a better research database than the shroomery.

2. I learned there are some extremely smart and generous people on this site. Proven by them sharing what they learned through their own countless hours of research. It must take them forever to type the info, take the pics, get them uploaded, and then posted. (Thanks everyone!) Having good resource people is extremely helpful in research. Here is an example of a recent experience I had:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4789514/page/0/fpart/all/vc/1

3. I learned a lot about hallucinogenic mushrooms in general and about their cultivation. Such as the mycelium life cycle, parts of the mushroom, some of the history, the different species, and a lot about the different condition/environment in which they will grow. General knowledge about mushrooms, how the grow, and what makes them grow will help research by giving me an idea of what is try to be reproduced.

4. I learned a lot about the biochemistry and psychoactive properties of psilocybin and psilocin (which BTW are are serotonin-like compounds that are also known at tryptamines). Also their physical and psychological effects on the human body from a logical and scientific point of view. It is important to know about any potentially harmful substance, and possible effects they may produce, that is being researching.

5. I learned that there are very specific parameters (such a temp and humidity, sterilization) to follow for good results, but there is really no right or wrong way to go about achieving these ranges. What works great for one person may bomb for someone else. There are teks for techniques as simple as hand washing to as advanced as cloning. This has helped my research by opening my mind to trying some different teks that are on this site to see what results I might get.

DAY 5 by ComndrCody

Stuff I learned:

1.) Polyfill allows for better fresh air exchange than tyvek so I should be able produce more successful flushes.
2.) How to identify quality horse poo (soil bad, fiber good) so I can do some of the bulk teks to share with my friends and family.
3.) People have had success using regular brown rice, not just organic brown rice, so I can save quite a bit of money.
4.) That there?s a separate cultivation FAQ broken down into more specific topics. This?ll assist me in any number of areas during my studies.
5.) How to dunk and roll cakes so I can increase my flush volume.

I hope this is along the lines of what you wanted. Thanks for a rocking time! It was fun and I learned some new stuff.

Day 5 by swingline

Whew, mind numbing, all this searching.
I would say that the most obvious information I pulled from this hunt are the symptoms of too little FAE. I have been paranoid that I might not be getting enough, but now I know. I know I've crossed it off as a possible cause of my failure. JK, I'm doing fine, he, he.
I also learned that my subconscious has made plans to move to Oregon, or more likely Washington, since it's closer and my subconscious has always been quite lazy. Knowing that, you can imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to find my old S-C had stayed up all night packing. 17 actives, and a good many of them very potent, enticing!
I live in an area where flies and/or gnats may become a nuisance in summer months so "Dealing with Mushroom Flies" has been bookmarked. I can't wait to get some gnat assassins and give them little weapons. Do you know where to find tiny nunchuks?
Another valuable learning experience came after using the search feature to no avail for far too long, I'm stubborn, so I went to the FAQ page and there it was, the link to the link to the link. I hadn't been in that direction in a while and most everything is there and one needn't use the search feature all the time.
The most important lesson learned here is that we are part of a great web community and there are lot's of good people behind it. It just..gives you..hope...sniff. I take back all the bad stuff I ever said about those damn hippies! easy on us damn hippies
This contest was a great idea and I'm sure those who participated are now quite adept at finding information. But then, I had a teacher once that said "Work smart not hard", so next time I post a question that I could have easily looked up, blame it on public education!

Day 5 by tristan1018

21. Thanks to Roadkill?s posts mostly, one of the first great pieces of cultivation advice that I learned during this scavenger hunt was the importance of growing with horse poo. I didn?t realize that the potency of the cultivation medium could determine so much of the fruit?s concentration of psilocybin. With my first grow underway right now, a coir/verm casing, I cannot wait to see some of the huge potent mushrooms I will be getting when I move up to poo now because of learning their strengths in this scavenger hunt.

22. Another great piece of knowledge I picked up that could save my life was about the contaminants and spores that could grow accidentally. I learned the importance of not risking health hazards by not opening any contaminated jars; just throw them out to be safe. This is key advice especially because beginners are more likely to develop contaminants because they are new anyways and this could definitely help reduce health risks.

23. A great time saving device I learned about was a liquid culture. I had seen posts mentioning them, but never really looked at what they were. With a little karo/water mix, the mycelium can be used for fast growth. With the easiness and rapid growth rate of the mycelium, I will definitely be making some of these soon. Thanks for making me find out about this one for sure!

24. After this scavenger hunt, I discovered the mechanics and techniques of the casing layer. Before, I just did what people would say to do, never understanding why the materials used were used. After the hunt though, I realize that the casing holds in moisture, but has no nutrients for molds to grow. Along with this find came the knowledge of the importance of raising the pH with a base. This helps prevent contaminants that strive in acidic conditions.

25. The last piece of advice I learned, which is probably the most valuable, was that every question I?ve ever had, the answer was already here in the site with another post. I discovered that with a little easy searching, everything you need to know about anything to do with mushrooms can be found. This saves me time, the other posters time, and makes for a smooth ride, that?s why it is so valuable.

DAY 5: by Pixie1420

The 5 most important things I have learned throughout the last 5 days of the hunt:

1. Learning to use the search function effectively ? This, I think is the most valuable thing I have learnt from the hunt. In the last 5 days I have leant the ins and outs of this function. This will be invaluable to future research as there is a lot of info out there and using the search function effectively will help find almost anything.

2. Learning which users have the most insightful information ? In the past 5 days I have done more reading than I ever have. Lots of this information however, may not be entirely valid, and in the last 5 days I have learnt which users have experience and when reading info from these users I know I can trust what they say. Some of these users include: Roadkill, scatmanrav, Hippiechick, Prisoner, srg, Agar, hyaphe, and last but not least, yourself, backupwards (PS NOT looking for points, its true hehe) yeah right, I wish, these people are way out of my league, I have so much more to learn before even thinking about being on their level, thanks though.

3. Learning informative information about psychoactive mushrooms ? I love mushrooms and growing them, however I never really knew much about them before this hunt besides the fact that you trip when you eat them. I now have a rough background to their chemical make up, and what actual compounds cause one to trip. This hunt has given me a better understanding of the chemical composition of mushrooms as well.

4. Learning a thing or two about the sheer number of known psychoactive mushrooms that are out there ? I know this seems a little arbitrary, however it amazed me to find out that there are so many known species of psychoactive mushrooms out there. I used to think there were only a few, however I now know there are a lot more than I originally thought. I even found out that the only known species in Africa comes from my country.

5. Finding some VERY useful teks that are relative to me ? If it wasn?t for this hunt, I don?t think I would ever have found some of the teks that I have. I have already started constructing my double tub, which given my resources is perfect for me, and I never knew it was out there. Another very useful tek I found during this week was ?Making LC?, by far more efficient than what I?m doing at present, and makes my limited availability of spores go along way. Due to my location it is very expensive to get prints and this tek will save me a lot of time and money and make the most of valuable prints.

Day 5 by Rab15bit

1) I learned how to properly search Shroomery, after some trail and error. Apparently, even some of the veterans have some trouble with that. So even if I don?t win, I really accomplished something in this contest.
2) I learned how to check to the accuracy of my hydrometer using table salt, AND I actually did it. It was 4% off, and I fixed it!
3) I learned that there are a lot more TEKs out there than I thought, and they tell many different ways of accomplishing any goal. There are a lot of answers to problems during cultivation. I went to Walmart and got some silicone for a heat bomb; I just didn?t have the space for a TiT.
4) Upon searching, I learned that my casing had ?overlay?. So I found out how to scratch and patch. Hopefully my first casing will be successful now.
5) Also I read through the Shroomery Glossary and read all the terms. Now I understand peoples? posts, explanations, and the TEKs a whole lot better. I consider myself Shoomery literate!

Day 5 by LazyGnome

These last few days I learned a lot about growing mushrooms and how to use the shroomery to get information.
I learned how to make a heat bomb instead of a TiT incubator which is what I need because I dont hae much space.
Finding the shroomery glossary helped me learn terms such as autoclave.
I found out that my state has the most wild active mushrooms in the United States, I'll try my luck at hunting too.
I learned how to use the search feature, before I found out how to use it's features I would search and it would come up with hundreds of results.
I had no idea that flies posed a problem for mushrooms, now I know to get rid of them.
Now I can find out most of my questions of my own by searching the shroomery.

Day 5 by adi

Ok well here goes nothing! As I began this hunt I was thinking to myself that it would be pretty easy considering just searching a bit and finding the answer. Well to my surprise I soon realized that it was way harder then that, and to tell you the truth the first thing I learned from doing the hunt is how to effectively use the search feature on shroomery.org! Not only can I now find information I am looking for without having to post as much asking for help, but I can also do it in a very small amount of time (which obviously has great advantages).

While trying to figure out the answer for some questions I found some pretty cool new information I didn't know before, such as the mushroom life cycle and also wild actives found in my area, which I thought was pretty cool. What I really enjoyed reading was the "heat bomb" tek, the reason is because I have something similar set up but I am always scared about contamination due to standing water. So now I will attempt to use the heat bomb tek to my advantage.

I also liked the fact that a lot of the questions themselves when put together have an overall advantage and help you understand mushroom cultivation much better. Questions such as why we should pull the mushrooms at about the same time, what creates poor cropping results, why we pressure cook at 15PSI and what are symptoms of limited air exchange. In my opinion, knowing the answers to a bunch of little questions that may now sound so significant actually are very important to know and can greatly improve all aspects of growing mushrooms.

The scavenger hunt not only taught me the answers to the questions being asked but I also found out about new teks that would probably be beneficial to give them a try. Such as Liquid Culture and also the Syringe tek. I plan on doing this soon and hopefully as the teks say, ?be self-sufficient for life?, haha.. I hope!

Lastly, I realized how much I hate mushroom flies (based on the fact that it took me forever to find that gif! haha) and I pretty much managed to read all the terms based on the fact that I just couldn?t find what a sterigma is, yep I know I'm slow! Overall this was a great experience and had a lot of fun hunting while at the same time learning a bunch of new things. Thanks a lot for holding the contest! 

Day 5 by chadwick

1)You can clone mushrooms without agar. You can use cardboard instead.
2)The preferred pH of a casing is between 6.5 and 8.0.
3)?Deep scratching? is only for casings that have had trouble with pinning or with overlay.
4)There are 4 different kinds of flies that like to munch on mushrooms.
5)Mushrooms undergo meiosis to produce spores.
- This will help my better understand all the processes mushrooms undergo whilst growing. I will eventually be able to use advanced techniques to better myself with the wonderful world of mycology.

Day 5 by WhiteBunny

1. Well that salt could be used to test the accuracy of your hydrometer was a big one for me. I was always hesitant buying a non digital hydrometer because I didn?t know how good it was; now I can find out!!
2. I was also wondering how in the hell mushrooms affect your mind to make you see and think weird things. The explanation for how do shrooms work (very simplified) help me out very well with this. I also now know why LSD has a similar affect. That psilocin's chemical structure is very similar to serotonin. Cool stuff huh
3. I know what shrooms are possible to grow in my state (Florida). Surprisingly more than I thought and I would never guess how many Oregon has.
4. I also know how to ?rate? that trip I have by the sections 1 ? 5 in the trip reports. I can see what level I reached.
5. Before this contest I didn?t understand the Boolean notation. It really helps to avoid the crap with normal word searching.

Day 5 by Prajna

I have to admit that my path through the digital library that is ?the Shroomery?, has been little better than a cyberspace drunk walk on my part. This seemed to be an annoyance at first but I quickly learned that some of the best information on the site can be found where you never intended to look in the first place.

I have learned first and foremost that there are no absolute right answers when it comes to growing?only right basics. The right basics like a sterile work environment, and proper temps for incubation to fruiting are well established and can all be found everywhere on the site, but my mind likes to work in absolutes.

At first it was a major disappointment not to find that grow log or Tek?you know the one with that was set in stone as ?THE WAY TO GROW?. ..the one piece of advice that everyone can agree on. Through my searching for this contest I have come to realize that it just doesn?t exist. My future grows will have to be a trial and error process. I?m no longer disappointed though because with the right knowledge and a little tweaking I will have far more freedom to explore in my own way. I always thought growing was going to be like following a recipe from a cookbook, I now realize that this could not be further from the case.

I also learned that it worth the effort to look through the larger more scientific volumes that are available at the shroomery. Most of my time before this contest I spent sifting through posts to learn about growing.
I shied away from the scientific stuff because I thought it wouldn?t be worth the extra reading. I now realize that no one has better advice for growing mushrooms than mother nature herself. By learning the natural life cycle of the fungus and where and in what conditions it grows naturally in the wild one can mimic it?s natural habitat artificially with far better results. It?s one thing to tell someone how to initiate pinning, but it?s another to fully realize WHY it works that way.

I learned about fungus gnats, and how the ?magic? works chemically, and even gotten really into the debate about whether or not acid is really a valid potentiator. It?s taken time but it was worth it.

thanks again, maybe I will have to do it again sometime.

Edited by backupwards (10/16/05 01:52 PM)

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4811419 - 10/16/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards said:

So now for the surprise prize:
I have made arrangements with Shdwstr at the FSRCanada for everyone to receive a South American print. All contestants who finished the hunt will receive one.
They are:
indianprincess
ComndrCody
Swingline
tristan1018
Rab15bit
WhiteBunny
chadwick
LazyGnome
adi
Pixie1420
Prajna (whom i give great praise to, had they been in from day one would have given you all a run for your money.)

Glad to help out my friend.
I hope all will be pleased with their prizes.
A very entertaining contest!
Kudos to you and congrats to the winners :smile:
I will PM everyone for their info.

Take Care All
Shdwstr

Invisibleindianprincess
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: On my way
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4811479 - 10/16/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet, I'm in shroom making heaven! Thanks everyone who contributed. I have to run to work, so I'll reply to the pm in the morning.

OfflinePixie1420
Gro'r nProgress
 User Gallery

Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: indianprincess]
    #4811556 - 10/16/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet thanks all! Stoked to have gotten anything, one off! haha, well done all! And thanks for all the generousity everyone and the good idea from u, backupwards.

--------------------
La vita Bella!

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: Pixie1420]
    #4815109 - 10/17/05 06:44 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

come on people, lets give indianprincess and all the other hunters a big round of applause for finishing out this hunt. they deserve it, so show some community support and give these folks some congratulations.

thanks to all those involved.......its been great, look for another sometime soon.

InvisibleCaptainKirk

Loc: gone
    #4815116 - 10/17/05 06:49 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Great job all of you hunters :thumbup: :thumbup:  awesome contest Backupwards :wink: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4815128 - 10/17/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats to the winners, and thanks backupwards for another contest.  You put a lot of effort into these contests, and that's to be commended.  :thumbup:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: Holydiver]
    #4815168 - 10/17/05 07:42 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Good job everyone:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:....Nice contest backupwards  :wink:.....Nice surprise to give everyone something for trying Shdwstr....

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4815572 - 10/17/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pixie1420 said:

Learning which users have the most insightful information ? In the past 5 days I have done more reading than I ever have. Lots of this information however, may not be entirely valid, and in the last 5 days I have learnt which users have experience and when reading info from these users I know I can trust what they say. Some of these users include: Roadkill, scatmanrav, Hippiechick, Prisoner, srg, Agar, hyaphe, and last but not least, yourself, backupwards (PS NOT looking for points, its true hehe)  

Quote:

backupwards said:

yeah right, I wish, these people are way out of my league, I have so much more to learn before even thinking about being on their level, thanks though.  

Out of your league?

I think not!~

From reading your posts and watching you...

you have alot of knowledge and experience already!~

Thank you for having the Scavenger Hunt Contest!~

This was a great way for new people to learn how to search the Shroomery for information!~

My hat is off to you!~

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflinePixie1420
Gro'r nProgress
 User Gallery

Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: Roadkill]
    #4815641 - 10/17/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Haha, there's plenty of ppl I left out of that list tho, vets u know who u are and dont need me to say so. Thanks for all ya help EVERYONE.

--------------------
La vita Bella!

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: mskip23]
    #4815727 - 10/17/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mskip23 said:
.....Nice surprise to give everyone something for trying Shdwstr....

Actually... You can thank backupwards for the consolation prizes.
It was his idea, and he is paying for all the shipping expenses.
I only offered the prints :smile:  It's my Job :wink:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4816037 - 10/17/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DAY 5 by indianprincess

Tell me about 5 things you have learned during this hunt, giving a brief description of each and how that knowledge will better your mycological research. It doesn't have to deal with any of the question from the hunt either.

1. I learned how much information is really on this site. If you just click on the Faq's selection it doesn't seem like much, but if you click into one category it will take you into a subcategory then another, and another... Sometimes I have to dig a little, but truly any question could be answered on this site. Also, that the search option is key in researching specific topics. I can't think of a better research database than the shroomery.

2. I learned there are some extremely smart and generous people on this site. Proven by them sharing what they learned through their own countless hours of research. It must take them forever to type the info, take the pics, get them uploaded, and then posted. (Thanks everyone!) Having good resource people is extremely helpful in research. Here is an example of a recent experience I had:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4789514/page/0/fpart/all/vc/1

3. I learned a lot about hallucinogenic mushrooms in general and about their cultivation. Such as the mycelium life cycle, parts of the mushroom, some of the history, the different species, and a lot about the different condition/environment in which they will grow. General knowledge about mushrooms, how the grow, and what makes them grow will help research by giving me an idea of what is try to be reproduced.

4. I learned a lot about the biochemistry and psychoactive properties of psilocybin and psilocin (which BTW are are serotonin-like compounds that are also known at tryptamines). Also their physical and psychological effects on the human body from a logical and scientific point of view. It is important to know about any potentially harmful substance, and possible effects they may produce, that is being researching.

5. I learned that there are very specific parameters (such a temp and humidity, sterilization) to follow for good results, but there is really no right or wrong way to go about achieving these ranges. What works great for one person may bomb for someone else. There are teks for techniques as simple as hand washing to as advanced as cloning. This has helped my research by opening my mind to trying some different teks that are on this site to see what results I might get.

amen, that should be a locked sticky thread of its own labled "NEWBS READ THIS NOW!!!!" right in the middle of the main page...

OfflineRab15bit
Evil Leppercon
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Scavenger Hunt Winners List [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4816172 - 10/17/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys. Fun contest!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures