Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWormholeSurfer
Stranger
Tapered Jar Issue
    #4810260 - 10/16/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've looked everywhere in the city for tapered jars, and all the stores have either shouldered or straight-cylinder jars.

One lady at a store told me the only tapered jar supplier she knew stopped making them (!?)

First question:

I found one store with 125ml tapered jars, but they are very small, and they'd make cakes about the size of a capless muffin. (but they d be great for spore collection though)

If I made 125ml cakes, I could put 24 of them inside my fruiting chamber... but my question is, will small cakes like that produce fruits nonetheless?

Second question

I also found 250ml straight jars, which are wider than they are deep. I'm not sure if the cakes will slide out of those without problem...

My question is, if I put a 1 inch wide strip of aluminium paper across the inner sides and bottom of the jar, so that when the cake is fully colonize, I can pull on this strip to pull on the cake and get it out, but would this aluminium strip interfere with the mycelium growth?

I was thinking that the strip should be bent over the substrate, so that it's covered by the protective top layer of vermiculite...

Thanks in advance for your help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: Tapered Jar Issue [Re: WormholeSurfer]
    #4810287 - 10/16/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i had the same problem finding tapered jars, so i bought shouldered ones, they work fine, you just have to use a sterile spoon to break it up when you're ready to get em outta the jars. worked fine for me because i put them into a casing just yesterday

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

InvisibleWormholeSurfer
Stranger
Re: Tapered Jar Issue [Re: campinman]
    #4810303 - 10/16/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I would prefer not using casing for my first attempt

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Tapered Jar Issue [Re: WormholeSurfer]
    #4810332 - 10/16/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think the 250ml jars would work for you just fine. Straight is pretty much what your looking for. The aluminum strip would help but i dont think it is necessary. Usually the cake shrinks a little bit to begin with so it really shouldn't be a problem.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates