Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

A question of emotion (attention Shroomsim)
    #480937 - 12/05/01 06:25 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Without going into boring, pointless detail, how do human emotions play into self-actualization. I know the goal of self-actualization, and being able to live for yourself (but not at the expense of others), etc. How does this work with the goal of being service to others?

How about when you feel so completely terrible, you want to get past the feelings of grief and anguish, but you just don't have the will power to do so?

How does complete and total romantic love and devotion play into the service-to-other role, how is it supposed to work, in your opinion?

I hope this doesn't sound like a cop-out, because i honestly don't believe it is. But, if I have gotten to know myself well enough in the past five years or so (through life experiences, meditation, reflective thought, psychedelic drugs, etc) to know that I can't truly be happy, to the fullest extent of the word, without another human being. I'm not saying that I NEED another person to be happy, i'm not one of those poor pathetic souls that leeches onto anyone that gives them the time of day.

However, being honestly and completely in love with someone who shares those same feelings is the only way I can be completely happy. Does that make any sense? I guess as alot of you know by now, my gf of 6 months and I recently broke up. She admits she still loves me, but she can't handle that emotion and is blocking it off. I guess i'm just looking for advice in general, along with specific answers to these questions.

Thanks all, and sorry for the length.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: A question of emotion (attention Shroomsim) [Re: ]
    #481435 - 12/06/01 12:41 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

I know the goal of self-actualization, and being able to live for yourself (but not at the expense of others), etc. How does this work with the goal of being service to others?

You must always consider your own well-being, but also consider those around you... when everyone in the group is concerned about everyone else in the group as well as themselves, it becomes like a web of common trust and sharing.

How about when you feel so completely terrible, you want to get past the feelings of grief and anguish, but you just don't have the will power to do so?

Remember your source. Realize you are a spiritual being made of light and love whos nature is goodness. Wash away the grief and sorrow by surrounding yourself with white light. Imagine a golden rain pouring down on you, cleansing your bodies, your atmosphere. Make an afirmation, such as I am.

How does complete and total romantic love and devotion play into the service-to-other role, how is it supposed to work, in your opinion?

Love and devotion are what the service-to-other community thrives on. It is the building blocks of the entire group. A relationship of love and acceptance between two people is the perfect example of a service-to-other relationship. Put these people of love and acceptance together, and they will all love and respect each other, with devotion to the good of the community, which inludes themselves. It is a coming together of harmonious existance.

Anonymous

#481451 - 12/06/01 01:01 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

They say a picture can say a thousand words

Is it true?

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #481689 - 12/06/01 09:21 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I know exactly how you feel, i am going through this also at the moment. We need to be free, liberated, always, yet i feel we need an other for true completion, its the basic structure of the duality behind existance. But i do feel that we need to be selfrealised before we can be fully completed with an other. Its like most human beings are half circles and they clamp onto each other as to make a full circle, but this will not work perpetually, like this you are mutually dependant on each other and the energies will almost inevitably turn negative and disharmonic, manifesting in anger irritation, frustration, somtimes with no clearly apparant reason. However, if two people who are fully realised and in touch with the energies there will be two circles who come together in free will, not merely subjected to the powerfull energies of love & desire, and together they form the sign of inifinity, a sum total which is greater then its individual parts. Like this the energies will flow and stay in harmony & abundance.
What to do when you are so much in love that it hurts? What to do if the thought of being without that other frightens you unlike any fear you have had in your live? I wish i could say, but all i can do myself is go through it, learn from it and hope that the bond proves strong enough to last while she and i go through this process. If the love is true and from the heart, the bond will never be broken, if the love is only on the 3rd dimensional level and sustained by the mind alone, the connection can break at any time. Try to just be together, as the closest deepest friends, without nessecarily letting it get physical, allow the energies to build up and see how you two are able to deal with it, energies always need to be released and flow but this is a good way to test your relationship, to see if the true connection is there, beyond the desires which govern our 3rd dimensional awareness, and wether the energies can flow between you on higher levels. After a while even giving each other a hug will set your chakras ablaze with a tingling fire.
Love binds and seperates the two in order to be bonded as one.
Love is so beautifull and sad, so abyssmally deep and wide, so bright and happy, so liberating and binding. i just dont know

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology