Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
People who can't trip...
    #480409 - 12/05/01 06:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've got a friend who tried mushrooms about 3 times... at doses around 2.5g dried in the form of tea.
The strange thing is he doesn't trip!
Last time i was with him he tried it again on 2.5g and after half an hour or so he said that there wasn't really anything happening (maybe a slight feeling) but nothing special.
When i observerd him he looked pretty "normal" and he could talk and act like always! After about an hour all of his very slight effects (i mean VERY slight) were gone...
I don't really know how this is possible... anybody got info or simillar stories?

Is there a (medical, psychological) explanation for this!! thx...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: People who can't trip... [Re: justthiz]
    #480436 - 12/05/01 07:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

is he fat

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: People who can't trip... [Re: felix]
    #480457 - 12/05/01 08:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Nope, hes a pretty tall yet slim guy. there isn't a special physical thing about him.
But there is something that might be of influene:
When he was younger (now still but much less) he had diffuculties with built up anger... so sometimes he could really get very very angry (pretty much uncontrolable i guess) ...
Don't get me wrong he's a great guy and totaly isn't violent or angry or grumpy or anything... it's just that when you REALLY get him mad (injustice etc...) and when i really becomes too much he can get very extremely angry (berserk, rages of anger etc..)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #480535 - 12/05/01 11:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

On any anti-psycotic medications..?

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: People who can't trip... [Re: egolesss]
    #480658 - 12/05/01 02:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No medication at all.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #480813 - 12/05/01 04:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If your trying to get this dude to trip who is known to get angry very rarely or whater be sure you have protection(can of mace) in case he buggs out and thinks your trying to poison him or some crazy shit. That is unless you can't take him with you bare hands. Ive seen some people go ape shit before having bad trips. But if he is in a good mood before hand and you two are friends and whatnot everything will be fine. Trying upping the dose if it isn't working or try giving him an MAOI but not too high a dose. If you don't know what an MAOI is then do a search on it you need to follow certain precautions when taking one. Hope that helps your friend get off because it would suck not being able to trip.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (12/05/01 04:28 PM)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #480957 - 12/05/01 06:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

on the island of pala (in huxley's novel _island_ ) dr mcphail stated that about 15% of people just don't trip off the "moksha medicine" and must use other methods to achieve liberation...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (12/05/01 06:42 PM)

OfflineMan
journeyman
Loc: Canada, eh
Re: People who can't trip... [Re: gnrm23]
    #485682 - 12/10/01 04:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I am just like the friend you described, though not very tall, and I have a similar anger condition in which it is very difficult to controll myself. Although its hard to get my that pissed unless your family ;-p. I found the first itme I did shrooms, 1g, it did nothing. The second time I did them, 2g, nothing. The third time, 3.5g, I defently felt strange, and sick, but not good. This is all within about a year, but a year later I decided to do 6g as I thought I had a particularly high tolerance. I got extremely high, uncontrolable squrming and spasming, but it was not unpleasant. The more I did shrooms the more they would affect me it seemed. Even 6g barely gave me visuals but a few months later I did 4g and had slightly more visuals (less body high). Later yet 3g would be moderate and 4g fairly intense (almost blacked out while sitting motionless, and I dont mean sleep). Then just few weeks ago I did 1g of very chron shrooms and had more visuals than I've ever had, light patterns, tassles on curtains writhing like maggots ect. I dont know if its the amount of time and how I changed in that time or if it was just exposure to the drug that decreased my tolerance. Get your friend to try a few higher doses in a short period of time, ie. month or 2 and see if he is affected. If hes not it may just be a matter of time or mabey he just cant get high or requires an extremly large dose.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience