Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclou
Stranger
Airline travel with mushies
    #480319 - 12/05/01 02:17 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

My friend is considering traveling on an airplane and carrying some shrooms with him. How bad an idea is this? Does anyone know if dogs are trained to smell it? What are some good ways to hide it? I know this isn't a cultivation ? but this was the best category that fit. I think lots of people are curious about this same question. Anyone have any good/bad experiences travelling with them? Please let myself and everyone else know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: clou]
    #480324 - 12/05/01 02:22 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i've done it with weed several times, not since 9/11 though. just crotch it and you'll be safe.

OfflineAzurepower
addict
Loc: Portland Oregon>
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #480330 - 12/05/01 02:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hollow out a candle put yourself an oz. in there remelt wax over it have it wrapped like a present it will work.

Anonymous

#480332 - 12/05/01 02:46 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Put it in your pocket. Dogs aren't trained the smell mushrooms nor would they be able to tell the difference between store bought ones and psilocybe.

Offlinegoldtop
Wild Spore

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #480333 - 12/05/01 02:47 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Local travel and you should be fine.
International travel and you might find yourself in a prison, and you know what happens to pretty boys in foreign prisons...(ever watched "midnight express"?)

--------------------
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: goldtop]
    #480334 - 12/05/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

if you put it in your pocket what happens if they administer a pat-down?

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Anonymous

Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: roykinn]
    #480336 - 12/05/01 02:51 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, tape it under your nut sack.

Anonymous

#480338 - 12/05/01 02:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Or you could do like they did with heroin and condoms....heh
Anyway this should be in General Questions

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: ]
    #480402 - 12/05/01 04:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Be simple !
Buy dried shrooms in a store. Open the box, throw everything in it(or eat the dried shrooms), and put your own dried shrooms. Close the box. Put it in your bag with other things to eat, and that's it !

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: tomldp]
    #480422 - 12/05/01 05:34 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

if you at a few before you left for your flight, it could turn out to be quite an interesting trip =)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #480429 - 12/05/01 05:43 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Make a (eg) cheese sandwich , put shrooms inside the sandwich, seal it with saran wrap and there you go.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#480477 - 12/05/01 07:32 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Air travel has gotton alot more risky since 9/11, so I would seriously think twice before doing anything like that. It really depends on where you are and what you look like. Stake out the airport and see how hardcore their security is. Then again, they may notice you're staking the place out and get you the next time you go in. It's all random chance.

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Loc: windy city
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #480484 - 12/05/01 07:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

The easiest no fail way to do it is to go to GNC and get your favorite herb in gelcap form. My friend usually gets kava kava. Take the kava kava out of the gelcaps and replace with crushed mushies. Then just put them back into the jar. Shake it up and you'll be fine. Even if they ask you about it they're not going to go through and test every pill. Then when your at your destination just go throught the pills and you'll be able to pick out the right ones. Works everytime.

InvisibleAssHumper10K
enthusiast
Loc: Up, Your, Ass
    #480566 - 12/05/01 09:43 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If you need help putting them up your ass let me know.

--------------------
Asses Humped for a reasonable price. Ask about our financing program!
Free ass juicings with every fart suck!
See the amazing pencil farm!

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #480590 - 12/05/01 10:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

When i graduated high school last year i went on a finalist trip. Some people went by bus and some people went by plane. I went by plane some of my friends who were going by bus carried our stash (70 grams of hash). when it was time to come back home we had still a lot of it. I had left my part of the remainder inside the pocket of one of my pants (i thought i had given the hash rock to my friends who came back by bus). When i got back home and undid the bags i found out i had brought something close to 10grams of hashish on my bag (10 grams of hash is much more than 10 grams of weed) in the airplane without knowing about it. There was another time when i carried 3 rolled joints in my tobacco box on a domestic flight. Maybe i was lucky, maybe the security at airports is not so good. However, i live in europe and when i went to the states the security seemed a lot tighter than here - they asked me lots of questions before i leave my country (like if i have ever experimented drugs, if everything i had on my bag was mine, if there was anything in the bag that had been borrowed by anyone lately, etc...) and when we got to the airport in the US my bag was sniffed by a couple of dogs.

OfflineEntheogenic
Chicken Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest USA
    #480630 - 12/05/01 11:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Two words: Aaron Sorkin.

--------------------

"These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined." - Homer J. Simpson

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #481662 - 12/06/01 05:30 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

How about any other drugs? I thought of putting them in my shoe under the sole...

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflineHollywood
journeyman
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #481700 - 12/06/01 07:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

How about other drugs? Sounds like my kinda question!
There are lots of ways to conceal things in situations like this
but my personal favorite is using ink drawing and writing pens. Ive tried a few different things in my day but found this to work the best for small amounts of my favorite treats. I would just take the inner workings out and refill with more desirable items if you know what mean!! I did this last year on a spring break trip to cancun with E and everything worked out fine, however if you are as foolish in taking risks like this as I have been in the past please make sure you are familiar with the laws of the country you are traveling to. Why is this important you might ask? In some countries you get sentenced to ridiculous amounts of time or even worse a life sentence or you could be put to death for what some would consider petty or trivial in U.S. or Canada A perfect example while we are on the subject is movie made in the early 80's called Midnight Express about an American college student who was traveling to turkey with a couple grams of hash and got busted. They charged him with possession of hash and gave him 5 years, then a few weeks before his release the authorities rethought thier case and decided that he was also attempting to distribute the drugs thus changing the sentence to life imprisonment. Intent on having his freedom back he murdered an abusive prison gaurd, stole his uniform, walked right out of the prison and escaped to nearbye greece. Cool thing is its a true story, no bullshit. Check it out some time. Anyway good luck and be careful!!!!!!! Hollywood

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: Airline travel with mushies [Re: Hollywood]
    #1123996 - 12/09/02 03:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the whole story asshole

Offlinefredthetree
Stranger

Loc: Canada
    #1124253 - 12/09/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

To answer your original question:

Dogs do not sniff for shrooms. There are far too many types of mushrooms, and it's not a big enough problem in North America to be of any concern to the local police, customs, or the security at the airport. How do I know this? I happen to know someone who is a Canadian Customs Officer, and she owns and trains two drug-sniffing dogs, and Canada and the US follow the same training guidelines (and a lot of US customs dogs are trained in Canada).

Also, just as an interesting piece of information, nearly every single drug-dog is first trained with tennis balls, then moved on to different pseud-drugs. What does this mean? Well if you have tennis balls in your suitcase, chances are the dogs will go for them, either barking and pawing at your suitcase, or they'll sit by you, depending on if they were trained as "passive" or "active" dogs.

Also, if you're travelling across boarders, and you have any form of drug on you, Customs has the right to search you and your belongings without a warrant. All they need is "reason for suspicion". So be careful.

About hiding them, there are some really good ideas already posted, like hiding them in candles (jar of peanut butter works too...), but I really wouldn't try to hide anything in my shoes.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies