Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me)
    #4800516 - 10/13/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, for months now, my mother has been BEGGING me to take her 11 yr old lab.

Why? Because she abuses the fucking thing. She has it tied on a rope in the back yard with rare access to food or water. If she is given food at all, fire ants get into it and when the dog eats it she gets bitten. The hot sun beats on her all the time. She is ignored all the time. She sits in the sun and moans.

My mom has had the animal police people called on her once already for her treatment of this dog.

Everytime I talk to her on the phone and I ask how the dog is, she tells me how much she wishes the dog was dead already. She says stuff like that about Bambi constantly. And she is always asking me to adopt her and take the "nuisance" off her hands.

SO FINALLY, since Kevin and I live in a nice-sized duplex now with a fenced yard and a huge dog park down the street (and since I work at Petsmart and have access to every aspect of dog care and get outrageous discounts for it) we decided to adopt Bambi. We have been thinking and researching getting a pooch for awhile now, and I'd like to help out Bambi. I told my mother, "Okay mom. Kevin and I are ready to take her off your hands."

As SOON as I said this, her tune changed:

"I think we better hold off on this. You and Kevin might not be prepared for the responsibility of this dog."

I nearly choked on my tongue.

What??? Does this woman know that responsible and quality pet care is NOT letting the dog sit out in the fucking summer sun with no water for days and letting it starve from food as well as affection?

My cats live the high life. She is letting her dog wither unremembered and unwanted into death.

She begged me and begged me to take this dog into my home. Now that I am ready to do so, she is being all wishy-washy about it. I think I know why, but any insight regarding her irritating behavior is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: MOTH]
    #4800530 - 10/13/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

She's nuts.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4800531 - 10/13/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

without the dog she'd be the only bitch in the house

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

#4800534 - 10/13/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Mistreatment of animals is one the things that really pisses me off.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
    #4800538 - 10/13/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Poor dog. I'm sorry it's being tortured like that

She's telling you about responsability? When she can't even acknowledge her dog?

You should take poor bambi by force.

Invisiblepeepeepottypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4800545 - 10/13/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

THats crazy. How do you not know the responsibility of taking care of a dog when you work at petsmart. Boo on her.

you should sneak him off his chain at night

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Loc: buckeye state
Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4800555 - 10/13/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe you could talk her into a trial run with the dog. Then when she sees how happy the dog is with you, she'll realize she made a good choice.

--------------------

Thank you for drinking Bud Light.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4800569 - 10/13/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You should get the animal police after her again.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4800583 - 10/13/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

tell her off, your parents are douchbags and they need to know it, especially when the wellfare of another life is in there hands.

not to be mean, but do they realise how alianated they made YOU feel as a human being in there life, that THEY were responsable for? and now she wants to pull this shit?

i would fucking dog napp the pooch and leave a letter for your mom.

i understand you cant be to mean to your parents, but jesus christ they need to have there psyches raided with some good ole fashioned "do you see who you are?" conversation.

grr your parents really piss me off.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #4800590 - 10/13/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

go and take the dog.
when she tells you to give it back tell her no.
once you have the dog groom it and feed it well, when she see's how happy the dog when she comes to get it back,she won't want to take it back.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: Todcasil]
    #4800617 - 10/13/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't steal the dog as tempting as that may be. Animals are considered personal property and they could press charges. Then the dog would go back to her and you'd be looking at fines and shit.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: joe666]
    #4800626 - 10/13/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

lol this thread is so funny. I think ellemy did it one to many times now. All the responses are no longer sugar coated in rainbow flavored care bear goodness.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: crystallize]
    #4800627 - 10/13/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

then she could just call the police on her mom for animal cruelty.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

#4800647 - 10/13/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
then she could just call the police on her mom for animal cruelty.

That might work. Then she could adopt it from whatever shelter they put it in and it would be hers legit.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4800662 - 10/13/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Just steal it from her.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4800668 - 10/13/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

We are going up to the DFW area this weekend anyway for my hubby's birthday and I will take Bambi then. My opinion is that her sense of greed is getting the best of her. She views Bambi as an "object of ownership" instead of a family member that needs protection and care. She wants to cling to what is "hers." It makes no sense because she HAS to know the animal is suffering.

The other night I was on the phone with her, and I asked how the dog was. My mom said, "Oh, I don't know. She just sits outside, moaning."

"Why?" I asked. "Maybe she needs to go see a vet."

"I just took her to the vet last month. I don't know, she just sits out there and moans. Maybe she's cold at night or something."

"Why don't you put her in the garage, mom?"

"Because then I have to put her back outside before I take my car out in the morning and I don't like doing that."

She hates to be inconvienianced because of Bambi. That's why I am just fed up right now because I KNOW the life I give Bambi will be easier much more pleasurable then the one she has now. How can it not be...I am prepared to keep the dog inside or let it play free in the yard or at the dog park, groom it at the salon, get free training with the Petsmart trainer. Veteriniary services at my Petsmart are 35 percent off regular price. I am in the best position of my life to care for a dog (especially an older dog) so where does she get off "wanting to make sure I'm prepared for the responsibility of owning Bambi."

What's more is that I invited her to come down and take a tour of my new home and neighborhood so that she can see where Bambi will be living. She avoided giving me a direct answer on that one.

I'd like to say that this is the way my parents have been my entire life. Being very adament about something with me and then turning around and doing the exact opposite.

So while I am annoyed at this latest example, I am not surprised.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: crystallize]
    #4800670 - 10/13/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

just fuckin slip her a roofy and when shes out put the leash on her with a lock so she can see what its like , just for a week.....or two

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4800683 - 10/13/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
lol this thread is so funny. I think ellemy did it one to many times now. 

Are you referring to my "my mother is a unfeeling bitch and my father is a fanatical asshole," threads?

I never realized they were so infamous until now. 

You have to understand that in many ways I am very immature.  Even though I live 200 miles away from my parents I still feel the need to lament and whine about my relationship with them. 

I love the Shroomery.  :heart:

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Annoyed with my mother. (she just pulled a flip-flop on me) [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4800686 - 10/13/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldn't even let it get that far. the fact that the dog is withheld from food and water and that she MOANS while tied up in the hot sun is reason enough for me to take actions into my own hands and either take the dog no matter what she says, or bring the dog to a shelter. plain and simple.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4800702 - 10/13/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well not necessarily threads about mom but just emo threads in general. You have had lots in Physical and Mental Health. It's a lot like that hot girl in high school that complains to you(the guy) about how her boyfriend or guy she likes thinks she's ugly then you have to convince her that she's not. I know the shroomery is therapy for many people thats why its cool. But lately all the threads I've seen from you have been of this nature. We still love you though Ellemy.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order