Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Racism Really Does Make You Stupid
    #4799163 - 10/13/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

http://kgtv-tvhealth.ip2m.com/index.cfm?pt=itemDetail&Item_ID=98939&site_cat_id=8

Quote:

Racism Really Does Make You Stupid

(HealthScoutNews) -- People who are racist may suffer a temporary lapse in mental capacity after interacting with people who are members of a racial minority.

Researchers from Princeton University and Dartmouth College found that white people with a high degree of racial basis experienced a decrease in "executive function" after spending time talking with black people. Their research appears in the May issue of Psychological Science.

Executive function is a key element of thought that involves the ability to fix attention on certain, high-level mental tasks.

The study included 59 white college students. They were given a test to assess the degree of racial bias in their thinking. The students then spent time talking with either a black or a white person and afterwards were given a test that measured their ability to concentrate on a challenging mental task.

The more racially biased the students were, the worse they did on the mental task after speaking with a black person. But racially biased students who spoke with a white person, even if they discussed racially sensitive issues, had no decline in mental function.

"When you have to control your behavior, it takes a lot of energy. And if you expend energy in a social interaction, then you don't have so much left over to do something else," researcher Nicole Shelton says in a news release..

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: Silversoul]
    #4799176 - 10/13/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It's not surprising to me.  If you take a well-trained, obedient dog and put him with untrained mutts, he loses his sophistication eventually.

In other words, when you mix gold with shit, it's hard to get the gold cleaned again :smile:

--------------------

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: The14thWarrior]
    #4799184 - 10/13/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

So, why is it you're a racist again?

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: Unagipie]
    #4799197 - 10/13/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Look around ya and you'll see. I hope that in your illustrious career as a rent-a-pig, you'll get to see who commits more crimes. When the blackies are robbing stores blind, you can ask the liberal's here why they do it. I'm sure it's because slavery deprived them of the latest tommy hilfiger jeans and they just gozza have 'em.

--------------------

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

#4799222 - 10/13/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder how they quantify "stupidity". I wonder how blacks score on the tests that show people exhibit diminshed capacities?

It's funny how you write off the SAT scores, the 4th,8th and 12th grade math and reading scores as just an ability to take a test, but then when testing shows something that supports your beliefs, wellllll... tests are the almighty ruler by which all men are judged :P

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4799235 - 10/13/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The14thWarrior said:
I wonder how they quantify "stupidity".  I wonder how blacks score on the tests that show people exhibit diminshed capacities?

It's funny how you write off the SAT scores, the 4th,8th and 12th grade math and reading scores as just an ability to take a test, but then when testing shows something that supports your beliefs, wellllll... tests are the almighty ruler by which all men are judged :P

WTF are you talking about? :what:

--------------------

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

#4799279 - 10/13/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Your beliefs are of the past, man. They ain't coming back. There used to be day when people would nearly vomit at the notion of a black man bedding a white woman. That was a long time ago. That's when racists had majority control. Today your ideology is severely marginalized. It's restricted to fringe discussion groups that only exist because of free speech protections. With each year the world becomes more and more like a global village. Get used to it. :shrug: If you don't now, you'll simply grow bitter as you get older.

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

#4799293 - 10/13/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Are you blind or do you have some mental defect? More like a global village? How so? More black on white crime? More terrorism? Thats a global village? How about you and Hillary go down to Africa to write your next little liberal fun-fact book and enjoy the bounty that they've produced.

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4799315 - 10/13/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Multiculturalism is the closest you'll come to racism in the U.S. Why don't you support it?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

#4799564 - 10/13/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

And what source do you have that indicates that most crime is "black on white" as you put it? And yes, the world is gradually becoming a global village. Each major city now has a small slice of every culture on this planet. More people than ever are travelling outside their native countries. The world is becoming increasingly smaller with the advent of technology and communication, and the barriers between cultures are being broken down more and more with economic and technological progression. As I said before, your ideology is marginalized. You essentially want to turn back the clock to the days of segregation, but there are amendments in legal granite today that makes that politically impossible. You got nothing. You have no influence since the vast majority of people have long abandoned such benighted ideologies. Without a majority sharing your ideology, you got nothing. There was a time when many people shared your views, but today they're either dead or in a nursing home. If multiculturalism bothers you so much today - do you honestly think that it's going to be "each race to his own" in 30 or 40 years? No. Racism is dead. It's becoming more and more heretical to be a racist with each passing year. If you want to go this way in life, go ahead. But you'll simply grow frustrated over time since virtually everyone you will encounter will find your views repugnent and out-dated. Even the conservatives here at the Shroomery have shyed away from concurrance with you, if not downright disagreeing with you. Racism has no political capital anymore and it never will ever again.

--------------------

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4800791 - 10/13/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Anti-Americanism is racist.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4800943 - 10/13/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Just before I put you on my ignore list I just wanted to let you know.

Hopefully more people will do the same so that you will no longer have anyone here to try to spread your hate to.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineTastyWaves
Cool buzz!

Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4800985 - 10/13/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

He's permabanned already anyway

--------------------
Spread the love of PLUR ratings!! We shall overcome the ev0l bondage of the ratings system!!

PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR

Join us!! Punch and pie.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: TastyWaves]
    #4801008 - 10/13/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TastyWaves said:
He's permabanned already anyway

He'll be back. He always does.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4801206 - 10/13/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

American is not a race, smarty.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #4802155 - 10/14/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think the title of this test should be..."Anger really does make you stupid" or something like that.

I mean, if these test subjects were talking to people who had just fucked their girlfriends, the results would be the same.

Anyways...

I find it hard to believe some of you elitist posters here have ever even done mushrooms.

Who do you think you are to judge? You're nothing and you know nothing. You should be ashamed of your hatred rather than parade it around.

Someday you'll learn...

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

#4802433 - 10/14/05 04:22 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Did you're girlfriend dump you for a black guy?

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: J4S0N]
    #4802483 - 10/14/05 05:21 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

So does racism make you stupid, or are stupid people more inclined to become racist?

probably both... :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineTastyWaves
Cool buzz!

Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: exclusive58]
    #4802522 - 10/14/05 06:35 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The jist of the article is that racists have to "watch what they say" when having social interaction with races that they hate.

They have to be careful not to call them "nig***s" and such.

And this "being careful" uses up some of their brain energy reserves, leaving little for other types of thinking.

Something like that.

--------------------
Spread the love of PLUR ratings!! We shall overcome the ev0l bondage of the ratings system!!

PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR

Join us!! Punch and pie.

OnlineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Racism Really Does Make You Stupid [Re: TastyWaves]
    #4802661 - 10/14/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This is the type of shit that enables people to always throw down the race card. I cant stand the fucking race card, I lose all sense of reality for those people who enable people to throw it down!!!

Trying to eradicate racism is like trying to quench stupidity.

Give America another 20 years, and everyone will see the most cross-hybrid race in any country.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order