Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprimal440
journeyman
urgent urgent urgent
    #4797828 - 10/13/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

hello, due to house restrictions i have to do the mushroom culture in a friend's house. for one reason or another the time for casing and G2G transfer has been delayed for more than a week. 1 of the 3 jars that were complete and healthy has began showing contamination. question one: is it still viable if I put out with a spoon the contaminated parts and case (or use for G2G) the healthy portion? Also, my friend forgot to soak the rye 24 hours prior to the operation so I don't know if it should be aborted or not. what is the big deal with this? one, we can work for only 5-6 hours, if we cant' do it today we'll have to wait till sunday and by then the mold may expand and the other jars may start growing their own nasty mold. the last uestion: he doesn't have a microwave, is it possible to nuke the verm for the casings in an oven, and if it is, what are the instructions? well, thats all, a lot of questiosn, please try to respond all you know. bye and thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: urgent urgent urgent [Re: primal440]
    #4797863 - 10/13/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

First, stop growing in your parents houses! :grin:

1. I would toss the bad jar and use the other 2.

2. How was the rye prepared?

3. Bake the verm for an hour or so at 300 degrees. Wet it first, you can add more water later if the moisture isn't right.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4797870 - 10/13/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Toss the contaminated jar, and see what happens with the others.
You cant save it.
If it contaminated in the jar, It would have done so in your casing anyway.
Better luck with the other two.

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4797892 - 10/13/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

the saying goes where there is one contam, there are a million. i have to say a grain to grain tranfer is pretty risky business but it can be done. i would suggest using the uncontaminated portion to use for the grain transfer as long as the spots of contam aren't over a 1/2 inch wide and aren't in numbers. one spot is better than 2 or 3 or 5 little ones. if there is this many spots then the whole jar is ruined. once they have gotten this big there is usually no hope. i had a pesa grow contam on the first syringe i got of pesa and i removed the good parts of the jar and transfered them to a new jar of grains and it worked out for the best.

Offlineprimal440
journeyman
Re: urgent urgent urgent [Re: FooMan]
    #4797908 - 10/13/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

the rye isn't prepared, it should be soaked 12-24 hours prior to PC but my friend forgot about it, so I don't know if its convenient to do it since some bacteria may survive PC (although i doubt it), the biggest issue is with the rye not being "puffy" enough. This PC'd rye will receive myc tissue from the other 2 jars i have in order to multiply my yield. Is it that big of a deal the soaking? Is it worht it to do it so fast now instead of waiting till monday (but then i say, some mold may grow in my other 2 healthy jars).
About the verm in the oven, how much water should i put in relation to the verm volume?

bottom line: what would you do in my place?

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4797925 - 10/13/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

soak the verm and strain it for a half hour.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4797953 - 10/13/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Wet the verm to field capacity. Just a couple drops should come out when squeezed. You can add moisture later if needed. As far as the rye, THIS should help.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4798379 - 10/13/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

primal440 said:
the rye isn't prepared, it should be soaked 12-24 hours prior to PC but my friend forgot about it, so I don't know if its convenient to do it since some bacteria may survive PC (although i doubt it), the biggest issue is with the rye not being "puffy" enough. This PC'd rye will receive myc tissue from the other 2 jars i have in order to multiply my yield. Is it that big of a deal the soaking? Is it worht it to do it so fast now instead of waiting till monday (but then i say, some mold may grow in my other 2 healthy jars).
About the verm in the oven, how much water should i put in relation to the verm volume?

bottom line: what would you do in my place?

Read and find a place to do this where you aren't on time restraints.

Good Luck.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order