Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
Horn of Africa
    #479592 - 12/04/01 04:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

currently contains billions of barrels in oil reserves.
Somalia is #1 on the list of countries George W. seeks to expand his war into. They have been proven to provide asylum to terrorist including bin Laden.
Prior to UN peacekeeping operations in 1990 the nation was divided among 4 major US oil companies who received rights to exploit the nations geological resources, petroleum and natural gas. Chevron, Amco, the usual suspects....
Once again the war on terror follows the strict path of Oil interest.
WHats the DeAl?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Horn of Africa [Re: Lenore]
    #479686 - 12/04/01 05:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well, you are wrong about the list. As far as I've heard it, the list goes:

1. Iraq
2. North Korea

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
    #479763 - 12/04/01 07:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, more oil!!!! You cry endlessly about how it all revolves around oil. Wake up Lefty!!! Oil is the stuff that allows you to type away at your computer, heat your water, drive your car (or make the tires on your bike), cook your food, wash your self in the morning. ( Or every month if your European) Power the plants that make everything you use and take for granted on a minute by minute basis!!! Get real. Get your head in the game or quit the game, move to the hills and hunt and trap... It's the only way your argument can hold water. You can't have it both ways... You are like a person from P.E.T.A with a pair of Leather shoes on you feet...

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Horn of Africa [Re: Mklangelo]
    #479921 - 12/04/01 09:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Oil is not a requirement for the functioning of society. There are many other more effecient ways to generate energy, it's just that the rich and powerful people that control the oil business have a vested interest in retaining it as the primary energy commodity. These people now have control of the worlds most powerful country.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Re: Horn of Africa [Re: mm.]
    #479924 - 12/04/01 09:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Anyway we know what happened when the US last visited Somalia.

--------------------

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
    #479969 - 12/04/01 10:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Your an idiot. Of course there are more efficient ways to power the tools we DEPEND upon. We are talking about now you idiot...You have no common sense.

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #480065 - 12/04/01 11:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Whoever comes up with the next energy source stands to make a lot of money. Why don't the oil tycoons put their money into finding oil's replacement?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Horn of Africa [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #480154 - 12/05/01 01:07 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Because the new age of energy is already available... The oil industry knows that viable, renewable and beneficial sources of energy already exist, but they dont own the rights to proffit from them so they spend all their money on stalling their progress and acceptance..

Only 1/2 of the oil industry is energy consumption... Oil and petrochemicals make nearly everything we use, but once again someone alrady owns the rights to ways of making cheeper, more environmentaly safe products and the oil industry dont like that...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
Re: Horn of Africa [Re: GabbaDj]
    #482012 - 12/06/01 04:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Oil most certainly does run everything, without it the entire economy would cease to function on all levels from extraction to production to the consumer.

What is tragic is that we humans seem incapable for whatever reason of weaning ourselfs from oil, and developing more effecient, undoubtably more sustainble alternatives. When the last drop of crude is sucked from some distant desert and burned up in some American factory, what will we have to look back upon?
A world engulfed with enviornmental disasters, oil spills, atmospheric pollution, greenhouse effect, ruined ecosystems. A world divided by wars over resources, entire nations sieged in the name of oil, millions of deaths, billions living in poverty and repression.

As far as I have heard there is no more effecient and cheap an energy source as Oil. Solar is free of course, but it is ineffecient, decentralized, and very unlikely to become the dominant power source, especially for industrial uses and transportation. Fuel Cells seem a long way out still. Oil will be king until we burn the last of it.

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #482284 - 12/06/01 08:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Fuel Cell Technology has been around for 40 years... NASA and all major government/military operations use them from the Space shuttle/Station to under ground bunkers... Its not that Fuel Cells arent efficent or too expensive its just that the petrochemical industry hass soo much influence and money they can under bid anyone on any project. Even if they take a loss, they win overall because they maintain their monopoly.

Business has always gone to the lowest bidder, even if they destroy our planet...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Re: Horn of Africa [Re: GabbaDj]
    #482385 - 12/06/01 09:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, if as much money was but into research and devlopment of alternate energies as is put into oil extraction, then they would be an econmically favourable option. A few years ago, man invented a razor blade that stayed sharp forever. As the razor companies make most of their profit from selling replacement blades, they bought the patent rights to stop anyone developing it.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse

General Interest >> Political Discussion