Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Anybody have experience with the MicroKorg?
    #4784438 - 10/10/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I don't have very much experience with keyboards at all and have been thinking about picking one of these up as my first synthesizer.  Going by alot of the reviews on musiciansfriend.com this sounds like a pretty sweet machine for the price.  Although I remember one of the reviews saying it didn't even have the standard piano sound programmed into it's soundbank?  :confused:  Does anybody here have any first hand experience with this keyboard and would you recommend it, or perhaps different keyboard entirely somewhere around the same price range?

I don't have alot of money, or space for that matter, so it seems like one of these mini-keyboards might be just what I need.  I really like the fact that it has the vocoder aswell as a couple extra audio inputs and the built in midi controller..and although I don't have very much experience with computer software like fruity loops and others, I guess picking something like this up might help provide me with incentive to actually start working with computer based methods of composing music.  I currently play the drums and bass guitar, and due to a lack of patience and a dedicated band, I have really been itching to start working on throwing some tracks together, and it seems that one of these little keyboards might be just what I need to start experimenting with some new sounds and possibillites. 

So I guess my foremost concern is..would anybody say that investing in the Microkorg would be a good place to start?  Or if not, any suggestions or points in another direction would be much appreciated.  :stoned:  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Anybody have experience with the MicroKorg? [Re: usefulidiot]
    #4784494 - 10/10/05 07:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have one sitting right here next to me.

It is ok. I wouldnt consider it to be a stand alone instrument though in a band performance scenario. Nor a good learning instrument.

If you are into techno, really fuzzy and digital wierd sounds it is great, but the keys are really small, the vocoder gets old after about the 14th time to say "destroy the autobots".

They are real fun to screw around with though. I wouldnt pay more than 150 for one though.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Anybody have experience with the MicroKorg? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4785596 - 10/10/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"the vocoder gets old after about the 14th time to say "destroy the autobots"."
haha...

I wouldn't recommend it either... I had one for a couple months, and unless you devote a lot of time to learn how to program it, it will be limited to the presets---which are at best kinda trippy, but at least narrow and trancey-techno'y. There's nothing close to a conventional piano sound...
I sold it back not long after; the interface was confusing, the vocodor was exhausted, the presets were too cliche.
Besides, you don't need a MIDI keyboard or a synth to start learning host programs like FLStudio, although a MIDI controller eventually makes things a lot easier.

I wish I had some alternatives to recommend but I haven't really needed the research in the area. I've got a Roland Juno 106 (1980's synth) and a Novation ReMote (MIDI controller), and they serve me well. But they fit my style and my method of composition (MIDI/VST heavy).

good luck, check out www.harmony-central.com for a LOT more user reviews :smile:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: Anybody have experience with the MicroKorg? [Re: Blastrid]
    #4791389 - 10/12/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

actually i got the microkorg aswell and shit i sure hate that fucking piece of crap.

i ended up putting it back into its box after about a month or two of using it
as the interface is SO FUCKING SHITTY you cannot believe it - argh !

deal is, i hate that thing - gotta see how i can sell it..
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineFleaAccela
Hip-HopEncyclopedia

Re: Anybody have experience with the MicroKorg? [Re: ohmatic]
    #4794136 - 10/12/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

this synth -
http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/an1x.shtml

yamaha an1x

a virtual analog modeling synth. one of the best synths ive ever touched, PERIOD. so much potential. full keyboard and 8 assignable midi knobs. huge lush tones and atmospheres, wicked gritty synths and just insane presets that can be easily fully tweaked. has hands down one of the best bp/lp/hp filters ive ever used.

it is fucking GREAT! used ones run anywhere from 150-300 on ebay.

here's one that's "buy it now" for $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-AN1X-SYNTH-VE...1QQcmdZViewItem

and one thats at $111 on an auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-An1x-analog-m...1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
:royalrainbow:I love rolling... my Katamari!!!:royalrainbow:

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Re: Anybody have experience with the MicroKorg? [Re: FleaAccela]
    #4795582 - 10/12/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man..yeah I was on ebay looking at different synths the an1x being one of them and it definitely seems like a pretty awesome machine, especially for those prices.  My room is so crammed right now though there is really no way I could fit a conventional sized keyboard in here, atleast until I move again..  I ended up making a purchase tonight however, bought a Korg Prophecy and from the sound of it it seems I got a pretty good deal on it.. Can't wait till the thing gets here.  Thanks alot for the harmonycentral link Blastrid, the reviews there are what made me jump on this thing :smile:

Anyway thanks for the replies everyone..I am really hoping this turns out to be a pretty good buy.  :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom