Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe AntiChrist
enthusiast

Loc: Holland
Damnation
    #477035 - 12/02/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I had this doomthought about the christian religion and its effect on human kind.
If major mass of humanity is christian is some sort of way.
If the "apocalpse" or end of human excistence is aproching, probably even more people will soon switch to the christian believe system to save their souls couse the bibles prediction seems correct.
Now, the bible says that you can ONLY be saved when you believe in Christ. Of course, all the christians at the end of time will believe this.
Other people, that are taking another way to enlightment , are doomed becouse of the strong believe of the Christians.
This mass illusion, makes it real becouse of the power of the mind.

Also, does any one else notice the power of the christian believe in their own mind? I notice I still doubt about my believe due to the christian believe trying to convince it self...

Sorry for the vague explenation, cant put it good into words at the moment.

--------------------
the lightswitch on the wrong side

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Damnation [Re: The AntiChrist]
    #477157 - 12/02/01 01:43 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hmm, that mass delusion might indeed affect our reality in some way, but when it comes to death, I think it is so widely open to individual interpretation that each and every one of us will get what we believe we will get. At least untill the veil of confusion most of us will experience after the fact has been lifted.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Damnation [Re: Timeleech]
    #478981 - 12/04/01 12:28 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If the entire world were true Christians (that is, practicing what Jesus Christ himself practiced), then I think the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, as time goes by the masses tend to believe what the priests and preachers tell them rather than what Jesus Christ himself teached in his day.

I believe Jesus was the son of God, because we all are children of God, right? Products of our creator, whoever or whatever that may be. How many Christians do you know that go to church on Sundays, lie cheat and steal the rest of the week? Church is to some an "instant purifier". People think to themselves when considering becoming a Christian "well i have alot to win if im right, and nothing to lose if im wrong" but what your losing is your ability to think for yourself and keep an open mind. The majority of organized religion exists to think for you, to tell you what you should believe and should not.

I dont think Jesus thought of himself as a God, like he is portrayed now... he didn't ask people to worship him. I think he was close to the "inner spirit" like a lot of people before and after him were. The problem with the Bible is that its a giant story, both true and false, and some people take it way to seriously...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineThe AntiChrist
enthusiast

Loc: Holland
Re: Damnation [Re: Adamist]
    #479220 - 12/04/01 08:19 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I mostly agree with you, I was also talking about mass "christianity" of most people and the bible nowadays.

--------------------
the lightswitch on the wrong side

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

Re: Damnation [Re: The AntiChrist]
    #479330 - 12/04/01 10:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If you know yourself and you know that what you believe is valid then the opinons of others, no matter how large the collective, mean very little. What you seem to express is the fear of your own ability to stand up to the mental assault of the collective definition of 'right and wrong'. If I'm locked in a room full of Christians, won't it be easier and more comfortable if I too am a Christian? That is 'mass hysteria'...the insanity of our instinct towards group equanimity producing anxiety and fear. If there is indeed a 'dooms day' then the best chance for the human race to survive is by being mentally diverse. Locking oneself into a code of morality because it makes one socially comfortable may be great while locked away within Civilization - it produces a sense of brothership and extended sense of 'self'. But a population of diverse beliefs will more likely have an abberant few who actually can survive if something bad does happen. And more likely than not, a collective group who believe that this is the 'end' rather than a 'new begining' are less likely to survive and more likely to be suicidally destructive. That is what I'm worried about - the phrophecy of Doom that says that the END of all things will occur - rather than trying to survive such an event, such an opportuninty, with all of our intelligence, instinct and skill...the collective response will likely to be "just curl up into a ball and wait for the 'inevitable'". I don't think that is too hard to resist.

Ish

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order