Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

"Waking Life" an AMAZING movie
    #473637 - 11/29/01 01:42 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I saw "Waking Life" last night, and it was truly an amzing movie. The constant, deep, intense philosophies that this movie presents are mind boggling. The way they filmed it, with actors, but animated, was spectaculer, I am still in awe of this move, i reccomend it to all and for anybody who has seen it, what do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: "Waking Life" an AMAZING movie [Re: gaastra]
    #473777 - 11/29/01 04:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm definately going to try and manouver my ass into a theatre for this one. Here's a review (sort of) I grabbed off the web just now, it might help to intrigue skeptical (cheap) viewers...

"This film, if seen by someone who has DEEPLY considered the mysteries of life, will thoroughly delight. If you don't have a spiritual bone in your body, avoid. It has its flaws, but only in retrospect or through the eyes of another will they be found--and then forgiven if you have even an ounce of heart or a particle of transcendence.

It gets beneath one's radar and past one's filters.

For instance, it hits you perceptually with constantly varying animation styles, and after some time, you adjust to this so much that when you leave the theater, THE WORLD IS ANIMATED--a poetic way of saying that your connection to the proposition that all things are real is loosen WONDERFULLY!

And then, it hits you intellectually by parading a dozen+ viewpoints of persons who would not necessarily disagree with one another, but show the vast importance to us of the personal way we manifest our philosophical axioms and how much that depends on our individual interests-not all of us are psychologically constructed to be philosophers, but all of us can be analyzed to have a philosophical set of suppositions. Waking Life challenges these suppositions by merely presenting to you, in dramatic form, persons who vividly present their `takes' on the concepts and how they are impacted by them...especially emotionally.

Ultimately, this is not a movie, and it shouldn't be viewed as such; instead, one should approach it as therapy. See it, be with it, relax, and GROW. Every time you see it again, the concepts saturate your nervous system with reinforcing patterns that will later "echo" in your dynamics in synergistic ways. A seed gets planted and with repeated viewings the seed gets watered.

Go to this event. See it from a seat that's within the first ten rows of the theater; immerse yourself. Let go. All you have to lose (loosen) is identification with a reflection of the real you."

I hope I'm not infringing on one of the many laws I am ignorant to by posting that. I didn't post any details on the person who wrote it, it's a personal review, not a proffesional review.

Sounds good.

--------------------

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: "Waking Life" an AMAZING movie [Re: Ulysees]
    #473890 - 11/29/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It seems to sum up my drunken night of tonight perfectly. I was in the middle of a dispute that only arised becuase of the unwillingness of people to take another person's point of view.
I might have misunderstood it though, and later I will regret what I wrote, and then I'll go see the movie...

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

Re: "Waking Life" an AMAZING movie [Re: Timeleech]
    #478733 - 12/03/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, so everyone go see it

OfflinePhilosoPossum

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: [Re: gaastra]
    #478772 - 12/03/01 09:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Holy crap, that was a good movie. Waking Life is *the* shit. Go see it... and consider getting stoned first. ;)

matt
www.elftrance.com

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: [Re: PhilosoPossum]
    #478923 - 12/03/01 11:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i am going to see it this week, i shall return and give my amoebic seal of approval or disapproval. probably approval. not that it will make a difference to any of you what an insignificant amoeba thinks. well fuck you!!! im sick of being treated differently just for being unicellular!!! i eat and shit and fuck (myself) and kill just like you multicellular bastards!! just wait... ill kill you all!!!!! watch what you drink... ill get you!!!!

--------------------
---

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: [Re: Amoeba665]
    #479364 - 12/04/01 11:02 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

heh i apologise for that little outburst, there's an imp residing in the back of my mind that occasionally surfaces and tries to stir things up a bit. rest assured he's a harmless little guy, he just likes to create chaos. i sent him to bed without dinner or tv.

--------------------
---

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale