Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRedFluX
Friend
Loc: Berkeley
Night Terrors
    #477967 - 12/03/01 03:21 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone else ever have them as a child? Nightmares while you're awake? Sometimes i would get so intensly involved in something like a game when i was young that i would have a nightmare about it, but after my parents woke me up, i would still be in the nightmare, it would take me like 5-10 minutes to calm down, also happened to me some when i had high fevers....does this shit ever happen when trippin? i dont have a bad childhood or depressing things with my life, i love it :D

Anyone else know the cause of this shit? hasnt happened to me for many years but im curious

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Night Terrors [Re: RedFluX]
    #478218 - 12/03/01 10:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I had a nightmare last week and when i woke up i was still really scared. everything felt like it did in the dream. I was really paranoid and things were freaking me out. I went down the pub and was feeling really depressed and shitty. took a few hours to go

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
    #478272 - 12/03/01 11:50 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I sometimes had a dream when i was younger and it was something like this ... there was the world and i saw the end of it ...or something ...i had to do or choose something or it would be destroyed at least this is how it "felt" ... like there were a lot of doors from which i had to choose one...

When i would wake up .... i'd be left empty and still had feelings from that dream... it was very intense... and it really felt as if everything depended on me...

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
    #478350 - 12/03/01 01:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

When my dreams are intense, and they usually are, I am often left with the feeling I had in the dream for a few hours into the day. If it was a nice dream I wish I could have stayed.

I dreamt about an alien chasing me my whole life tonight, and as I woke up and regained consiousness I broke it's neck and smashed it's head so I wouldn't need to feel that paranoia throughout the day, and it helped.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: Night Terrors [Re: Timeleech]
    #478365 - 12/03/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I once was dreaming i was in a space ship and there were aliens comming at me... i only had this dagger so i stabbed the fuckers in the throat!! it did the trick and was pretty intense, not scary though

Edited by justthiz (12/03/01 01:53 PM)

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#478836 - 12/03/01 09:44 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

There are two kinds of 'night terrors' if you accept the popular definition and yours as well. Popularly, Night Terrors have a fairly common script. One wakes up, but does not feel completely awake...there is a sense of a presence in the room with you...and then one finds that he or she cannot move and is effectively paralyzed - the combonation of the three results in a feeling of 'terror'.

I used to have these spells as a child, and I can attest, the feeling of the presence and the paralyzation right after waking is deeply terrifying. Later I would come to learn that the body /naturally/ induces paralyzation during sleep to keep one from physically reacting to stimulus in a dream (ie. stabbing an alien in the throat with an imaginary knife). The other phenomenon are slightly more dificult to explain but may be related. The presence of dream-induced paralyzation seems to indicate that one is only 'partially' awake in the state of this sort of terror - and perhaps is only half awake (though you usually feel very lucid). The presence though...well...if one is somewhere between a dream state and waking...perhaps the presence is something that exists in between.

Many of you probably noticed the similarity between these 'night terrors' and the classic alien abduction scenario...personally I have nothing to say on the subject...but perhaps someone else might.

Ish

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Re: Night Terrors [Re: Ishmael]
    #478867 - 12/03/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've only experienced sleep paralysis once, a week or two ago. In my dream I was underwater, and couldnot breathe, as I had no air in my lungs I went down as a stone to the bottom of the room filled with water, I tried to get up (only 1 1/2 m. to the surface), but could not move. As I struggled I gradually became awake.

I think my alien dream meant that I have fear of something alien to me, and am trying to run away, but I know it will follow me for a long time. It makes sense.

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

Anonymous

#478891 - 12/03/01 10:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

A bit of info relayed from zetatalk.com

The state of paralysis that many contactees report is common, and is used not only as a means of calming and controlling potentially violent contactees but also for convenience. The paralyzed state is very relaxing, and leaves no harmful trace. During travel between the Earth and a space ship, through walls, and at rapid speeds, humans often prefer to be paralyzed. In fact, this is a frequent request of the constant contactee, as they find they can rest, and, as you say, leave the driving to us.

What is going on in the state of paralysis? At times the mind is aware, at times as though in a deep sleep. Some contactees report they can break out of the paralysis, with a shout or by force of will. The mechanism used to place humans into paralysis is simple, and does not involve our technologies or manipulation of densities. We are utilizing an existing human physiology, something akin to the frozen state that possums take when frightened. Why is it that humans never play possum when we or other aliens aren't around to induce this? Because this facility is deep within the reptilian brain, and not connected to the middle brain or frontal lobes. Humans voluntarily cannot reach this spot. But if one knows where it is, and knows what buttons to push, then presto!

Contactees sometimes report that their visitors seem wary or almost frightened of them. Well, of course they are wary, as few intelligent species have the innate capacity for blind rage that Homo Sapiens does, a capacity that can surprise the human as much as the visitor. Large males are frequently paralyzed early in the visitation process, to avoid the physical chaos that results from flying fists, swinging arms, and flung objects. As blind rage is triggered by the fear response, those contactees dealing with intense fear will see their fear reflected in the face of their visitors, who are preparing to deal with a possible explosion.

Edited by Shroomism (12/04/01 12:25 AM)

OfflineRedFluX
Friend
Re: Night Terrors [Re: ]
    #480237 - 12/05/01 12:16 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The other phenomenon are slightly more dificult to explain but may be related. The presence of dream-induced paralyzation seems to indicate that one is only 'partially' awake in the state of this sort of terror - and perhaps is only half awake (though you usually feel very lucid). The presence though...well...if one is somewhere between a dream state and waking...perhaps the presence is something that exists in between.

that was me, multiple times...i cant even begin to describe the fear, it made me want to die, i was FREAKING out...here's 1 experience...something was wrong, i did something wrong, and because of it..a very TERRIBLE thing was going to happen, i knew in the back of my mind, but i couldnt reach it, and i was standing up and pacing and wandering around the house in hysteria not knowing what to do, my mom had to lay me back down and sit next to me for 20 mins till i went back to sleep

Nothing i could say or you could hear would ever describe that feeling.

Anonymous

#480255 - 12/05/01 12:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

There is also another instance that are associated with Night Terrors. When we sleep we usually enter into a higher density. In the low level of the 5th density there are beings who feed off of negative human emotions such as fear. This is where nightmares take place. On the other hand, in the light side of the 5th density is where flying dreams, and other related dreams take place. (Running super fast, leaping for very long distances, feeling unlimited joy and freedom)

The state in between wake and sleep is called the Theta state. This is the frequency we spend the least amount of time in, but is also one of the most important. In this state we are inbetween two worlds, this is where visual imagery, and creativeness are at their peak. However, if one is returning from the Delta state (sleep) after a bad encounter with some negative entities, the Theta state can be just as horrifying. There you are remembering the bad experiences and translating them to the waking state (Beta) This can lead to that terrified, paralyzed state.
We must learn to work with our fears. They are there for a purpose, and that is for us to transcend them. We must recognize our fear, and face it head on. By confronting your fear, and showing no fear... you have transcended it, and it will no longer plague you. Recognize it, confront it, and allow it to flow through you.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #480531 - 12/05/01 09:06 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I, too suffer from night terrors, vis a vis, the medical definition. These are rare in adults and is a sleep disorder having nothing to do with dreams, stress or mental imbalance, although there is some evidence that they may be exacerbated in susceptible people by diet (sugar in particular).

Basically one wakes up right around the 40 minute mark after falling asleep when transitioning from Phase III to Phase IV sleep. One is essentially fully lucid yet part of the brain is still asleep. It is absolutely terrifying. One feels spit bewteen worlds. I usually scream myself back to normal waking consciousness. There is a profound sense of dying.

Do NOT touch, talk to or try to waken a person in this state. There is nothing that can be done. Trying to interact with a person make cause them to strike you. People are not reallly violent in this state, unless you disturb them which increases the confusion.

Shroomism's take that this fear has a purpose and can be overcome is total nonsense. The number of times experienced and mental attitude has no effect on the sense of horror and doom. Unless you are a sleep disorder researcher with a PhD or have experienced them yourself, you are unqualified to make such statements.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Night Terrors [Re: Swami]
    #480776 - 12/05/01 01:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I love how you chalk what I say up to total nonsense. I feel that I am quite qualified to make such statements, as I have done much research on the subject and for many years of my life was plagued with Night Terrors on many occasions. I was able to overcome my fears through my dreams, and subsequently the Night Terrors ceased. Therefore, rather than state that they are completely out of your control, I am trying to help people to understand them better so that they too can overcome them.
Since I have suffered from Night Terrors on a regular basis for the first ten years of my life, and overcome them completely (not so much as a nightmare in 5 years) and also studying several books on the subject, I feel that I am more than qualified to make such statements. Not to mention that I am an avid dream teacher, helping others in waking reality and also in the dream state to overcome many things, such as nightmares and Night Terrors.

It is true that night terrors are very rare in adults, and your diet does play a part in it. I will say for the record that your thoughts play the biggest role. Just something to chew on.

OfflineTimeleech
addict
    #480821 - 12/05/01 02:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

hmm, I'm into that idea shroomism, but do you think, in the case of my alien dream, that it could be interpreted as my fear for these beings, and the (near?) impossibility to escape them in my lifetime? Also, do you think killing them in your dream does any harm to them, or aren't humans powerfull enough for that?

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

Anonymous

#480856 - 12/05/01 03:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I think it could be several things. One that stands out in my mind is subconscious fears from the past, when certain alien beings performed genetic engineering on humans. These fears can carry over into the present life, which would cause you to react in such a way. I think that killing them in your dream is a symbolic thing, stating that you no longer desire contact with them.
Keep in mind that no contact is unwilling. If you have had an 'abduction' experience, you were asked subconsciously if you were willing and you said yes. Ultimately, it is your decision, and you can say no.
This is not to say you did not harm them, while that is very possible.
What exactly did he/she look like?

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
    #480895 - 12/05/01 03:38 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

swami who are you to say what is nonsense? shroomism has helped lots of people on this board including me and he is very nice to everyone, all we see swami doing is arguin with people and trying to cause arguments. you only want to attack for you feel thretened.how about try to help instead of picking fights all the time??? that is all

OfflineTimeleech
addict
    #480954 - 12/05/01 04:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Black, and perhaps 7 to 8ft tall. I didn't get a good look at it since I was either running from it, hiding behind corners, or fighting with it. It's head had a similiar shape to the ones in the movie "pitch black", if youv'e seen that. Only more flat, a quite wide mouth.

It was no abduction experience, quite the contrary, I was on their whip together with my "crew", I am unsure about our mission, but it was either to explore or eradicate. The alien hid in a white cloud in the middle of this gigantic dark, black room in the spaceship. Two of our crew went into it and never came back. Then it (or another voice) said something to us about coming out, and that something bad would happen and we had been foolish/made a mistake. The voice came from above though.

The dream is too long and detailed to recount here though, so this will have to do for now.

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

OfflineRedFluX
Friend
    #481053 - 12/05/01 05:49 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

hey now, no need to get offended or mad

Although i dont believe what shroomism said was 'nonsense' i will say that i disagree. In my personal experiences, "overcoming" is not possible. In this state, rational thought is tossed out the window. It is impossible for me to step back and say ok this is something i need to work through and face. In the dream, you dont even realize that you're dreaming, what you feel is reality. This might be different for some people, but i will say outright that i could never separate myself from a night terror, let alone face it trying to overcome it. My parents have read about it and told me about it, and the best thing to do is to have the person lie down and just sit there next to them, talking or comforting can be possible, giving them your hand to hold, etc. I find this interesting, because its almost like having a sitter for an intense trip.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#481382 - 12/05/01 09:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Since I have suffered from Night Terrors on a regular basis for the first ten years of my life, and overcome them completely (not so much as a nightmare in 5 years) and also studying several books on the subject, I feel that I am more than qualified to make such statements.

Night Terrors usually subside of their own accord in children at around age 8 or 9, so any actions that you took may or may not have had anything to do with their disappearance.

You mention nigtmares which are unrelated to Night Terrors. The two occur during different phases of sleep. Night Terrors occur during DREAMLESS sleep and are not related to thought patterns, but an electro-chemical disruption which wakes one while in transition between states.

I will say for the record that your thoughts play the biggest role. Just something to chew on.
Your opinion is not generally shared by either sufferers nor sleep researchers. One cannot affirm, pray, or think oneself out of it. Your statement is tantamount to saying that a epileptic can overcome an attack with "proper" thinking.

I had my worst attack shortly after making love to my beautiful lady. I was totally at peace and had absolutely no negative thoughts. It is NOT psychological nor emotional which is the common misconception. I objected to your statements as "nonsense" because they perpetuate this false notion.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Night Terrors [Re: Tao_Shin_Li]
    #481394 - 12/05/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

swami who are you to say what is nonsense?
Sleep researchers and sufferers strongly disagree with his statement.

and he is very nice to everyone, all we see swami doing is arguin with people and trying to cause arguments.
Dissemination of information is not a personality contest.

how about try to help instead of picking fights all thetime?
Politicians smile as they lie and steal from you. They are very likable. So what? You act is if speaking out is a crime. Should I strive for popularity or truth? I try to help by presenting a balanced view.

Maybe I should just say that Night Terrors are proof of alien visitation, and not a medical condition. Gee, then maybe I can be more accepted.

--------------------

Anonymous

#481458 - 12/05/01 11:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I enjoy having you here Swami, you offer a refreshing perspective that helps to maintain balance. I don't expect that you will agree with anything I say, but the same applies for you, and that is what makes it fun is it not?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale