Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
Birdseed growin dyck all!!
    #478784 - 12/03/01 11:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i pressure cooked a batch of this birdseed, 2:1, seed:verm. 6 jars, they all just went a bad brown colour at the bottom after like 2 weeks of being inoculated and nothing happening. this pissed me off, so i threw those out cuz they were smelling a little fruity and i thought i put too much water in. made 4 more jars with same substrate. less water and they dont seem soggy like the other jars.. its been a week since inoculation! damn.. i injected 3 jars of regular white millet and verm. like a month ago with the same smpores and they grew excillently.

This bird seed said nothing on the package about additives or preservatives.. it was based with white and red millet, niger seed, flax i think.. and a couple other garbage seeds. im gonna go out tomorow and buy a bag of finch feed.. mostly white millet and some flax mixed in.
im still said though. what a waste.

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebigwill
Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: DrJoseph]
    #478832 - 12/03/01 11:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i was going to say something smart assed but i just feel sorry for ya........wait a god damn sec i don't feel sorry for you so good job dickless on another fault you have found on your self.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #479156 - 12/04/01 08:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

As long as the millet is wet and not contaminated, it should colonise pretty nicely - try mixing some brf or rye with it next time to start it colonising on that

--------------------

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
    #479178 - 12/04/01 09:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know about the particular brand of seed you used, but alot of them come with this coating on it called "Bird Kote" It contains some other nutrients and probably some shit that spores don't like. I'm pretty sure you have to "steep" the seed AFTER rinsing it throughly before you put it in your jars for like 40 min on the stove-top to properly prepare is for the PC.

Hope that helps...

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: Mklangelo]
    #479582 - 12/04/01 03:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ya.. steeped the day before jarring. i the seed must have some kinda preservative in it or somethin.. it just wont colonize, even mold. i wanted to see, so i took one of the jars, opend it for an hour, breathed on it a bit, closed it back up and left it for like a week. still no mold or anything except soggy seed.
As for "Bigwill"... well, way to go. for a guy that likes "wrestling, football, sex ", it seems yur doin pretty good. i dont even know why people like you can last on boards like this..

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

Edited by DrJoseph (12/04/01 03:53 PM)

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
    #479594 - 12/04/01 04:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

"BigWill" must be "Big Willy Style's" sock-puppet. If not then there are two more morons running about on here...

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Invisiblebigwill
Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: Mklangelo]
    #479638 - 12/04/01 04:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i don't even know big willy style dumb shit

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: bigwill]
    #479717 - 12/04/01 06:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

As I have recently learned, one must rinse the hell out of birdseed to get that coat off. It takes a while to get the hang of the right moisture content for seed which is the big trick to seed. You need to rinse before and after steeping and then let it drip dry for about 15 minutes. Tell me how that works for you.

Learn from the contraries. Even fools have something to teach.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: bigwill]
    #479751 - 12/04/01 06:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

listen buster, you should give stupid people a chance to feel smart. ok bigwill? is that ok with you? you shit? im a fucking pedifile. we love each other here. i guess you didnt see the disclaimer. i hate every one of you.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #479794 - 12/04/01 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ya yur right mycoglowflow.. i love you all. even you big will. is this me or the mushrooms takling? i think a mix of both.

--------------------

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Re: Birdseed growin dyck all!! [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #479795 - 12/04/01 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ya yur right mycoglowflow.. i love you all. even you big will. is this me or the mushrooms takling? i think a mix of both.

--------------------

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
    #480156 - 12/05/01 01:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So you finally got that shit down aye upupup. I think that Pennigtons crap is well... crap. The seed me and my buddy are using is working out grat so far. Methinks it is those DAMN sunflower seeds that fuck everything up and invite The GOOO! (a ladys voice in backgraound screams, children crying and dogs barking) Ya well Pennigtons is worthless IM*H*O. Try rye if you can find it, seems promising.(and the wheat too ;)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation