Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Chakras [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4797661 - 10/13/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

That's very fascinating. You seem well versed in various theological systems, which I admire because I too am studying the various religious thoughts.

I really like the book that the image on the left comes from.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Chakras [Re: dblaney]
    #4797708 - 10/13/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

[I escaped temporarily from work - teacher work day on Yom Kippur]

BE HERE NOW - probably the most important book I ever read. It changed my life for the last 33 years, opened my eyes for the first time about the mystical meaning of religion, led me into philosophy, theology and psychology. The page shown (page 1) hangs in our home, greeting people as they enter the den.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4798043 - 10/13/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It had the same affect on me the first time I read it (while on acid, incidentally).

Truly one of the most powerful books I've ever read. It's no understatement to say that it has changed many people's lives.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4798770 - 10/13/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, me too. I was having a difficult time on acid in a college friend's dorm room, and his girlfriend (who later dated a Grateful Dead roady named Sunshine, and who now works for The Dead) handed me a BE HERE NOW. Within minutes my mood had changed, I became ecstatic, I wanted to buy two copies so I could wallpaper a whole wall of my bedroom at home with the book!
This image hangs on one wall of our meditation room. Ah... "What a long, strange trip it's been!"

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5471536 - 04/02/06 05:32 PM (18 years, 14 hours ago)

wow!

familiar! :wink:

'the egg', is a great symbol!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (04/02/06 05:39 PM)

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Chakras [Re: Gomp]
    #5472050 - 04/02/06 07:40 PM (18 years, 12 hours ago)

I think that the cool thing about chakras and your energy in general is that it's all known to you. You just have to find the way to understand what you already know. It's like kids. They don't conciously understand what they do to make themselves so open, but they do it because it's natural and they are very innocent to go with their natural tendencies. As we get older, things change and you become more concious. That's not a bad thing, but we tend not to do the things natural to us because we are so caught up in other things. It's good because conciousness is just a better tool for understanding the true nature of yourself and everything. We are all a part, though I don't beleive that anything and everything is inherently connected. I mean that.. the life around us is our life too because we are open to it even if we don't know that. As far as what effects us and how it effects us - I'll leave that up to you. =)

But my point is.. don't be afraid. Become one with your mind and body and everything around you so that you have no ego in your thoughts or movements. Just be and try to understand. I beleive that, if you do this, you will find your way to open up and evolve. There is no set way because it depends on your very individual reality - the way you understand and your specific circumstances. However, it is true that there are certain methods to many of the understandings of others. If you know these methods, you can readily employ them when the time is right. I beleive that simply having the knowledge will inspire you to act it out when it's viable. You may have to expirement alot and try things out. Maybe it won't be so great at first. But in time, you will learn to make those practices work for you. i.e. yoga + meditation

Just don't get so caught up in all these set methods that you forget to explore and innovate because that is really fun and worthwhile.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Chakras [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5475397 - 04/03/06 04:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm reading one of the Douglas Adams Hitchiker books

Tricia talks to an astrologer who says that yes, of course it isn't science, but when you start with given and assumed (and arbitrary) truths and codify them, they give you a system which you can use as a tool to accurately and beneficially view reality.

I somewhat think of chakras in the same way... not that I think they aren't real, but so much of them is labeled and indexed in a way so as to quantify all human experience into the physical body, this gives you, when you have faith, a way to actually literally shape your reality through the minds attention using the chakra system.

have i experienced chakras? Yes.... but have I enough experience to vouch for their said abilities and properties? Not particularly.... though I must say the solar plexus is very hot!

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Chakras [Re: Gomp]
    #5475439 - 04/03/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I got to add;

I been seeing chakras as disks..
but for the first time, last night, I saw them as a spiral, going through my entire body..

Fun stuff!

Offlinetotallytwisted
Oneness
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
    #5478700 - 04/04/06 10:52 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
Holy crap that link is perfect! That site has all of the Yoga Sutras available. Just yesterday I bought "The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali".

Man what a coincidence! Anyways, that site has some awesome info, 5 shroomies to you.

Personally (I won't say 'I' as that gives the ego a state of identification) 'we' don't believe in coincidences dblaney only  intentions, from the miniscule to the mundane every action happens for a reason & we believe it comes from the intent that we need to understand why we came across this book at this very moment, or how we came to meet that person in that place.  It is just us living out this evolutionary experience & the universe providing for us at the perfect moment in 'the now'.

Here is an informative link on  Charkras & I use this site quite a lot for other references.

Peace & Love,

Q. :thumbup:

--------------------
Bill Hicks speaks of his experience on shrooms :-

I realised our true nature is spirit not body, that we are eternal beings and God?s love is unconditional and there is nothing we can ever do to change that; it is only our illusion that we are separate from God or that we are alone. In fact the reality is that we are one with God & he loves us. Now if that isn?t a hazard to this country? you see my point. How are we gonna keep building nuclear weapons, what?s gonna happen to the arms industry when we know we?re all one? ..You can see why the government?s cracking down on the idea of experiencing unconditional love.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale