Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Exotic mushroom growers charged with growing drugs [NH]
    #4760841 - 10/05/05 09:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Mushroom growers charged with growing drugs
October 5, 2005 - boston.com

FREEDOM, N.H. (AP) - The owner of an exotic mushroom farm has been charged with growing drugs.

The Carroll County Sheriff's Department says Chris McGarvey, owner of the White Mountain Mushroom Co., and a woman officials did not identify, were charged with manufacture of a controlled drug.

The company grows and imports species of wild and farmed fungus that are sought after by chefs in exclusive restaurants.

Sheriff's Captain Jon Hebert said 25 officers have been searching the hilly, forested farm this week. He didn't say what drugs were involved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLibertarian
Stranger
Re: Mushroom growers charged with growing drugs [NH] [Re: veggie]
    #4761000 - 10/05/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

SHIT. What a shame.

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Exotic mushroom growers charged with growing drugs [NH] [Re: veggie]
    #4772856 - 10/08/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

*update*

Freedom police find marijuana operation at local mushroom farm
October 8, 2005 - boston.com

OSSIPEE, N.H. --Police say a mushroom farm in Freedom was also a major marijuana distribution center with illegal plants discovered in the bedroom, bathroom, barn and camper on the property.

Police found the marijuana at the headquarters of White Mountain Mushroom Co.

The farm's owners, a married couple, Christopher McGarvey, 41, and Dianna Franke, 45, were arrested Monday and charged with manufacture of a controlled drug.

On Wednesday, the charges were ramped up to include possession with intent to distribute.

About 25 police officers from nine departments discovered rows of marijuana buds draped on racks in a drying room in a barn, according to affidavits filed in Southern Carroll County District Court.

A tip on Monday prompted the investigation, authorities said. Officers initially found the barn padlocked and reeking of marijuana, according to court records.

The resulting three-day investigation was "really unprecedented," according to Carroll County Sheriff's Department Capt. Jon Hebert.

The West Ossipee Fire Department sent two firefighters and an all terrain vehicle to help search the 20-acres. Fish and Game officers mapped the fields and forests using global positioning equipment.

"Had we not had the support staff, what ended up as a three-day operation would have been a seven- to eight-day operation," Hebert said.

Freedom police Chief Charles Pearson said McGarvey's mushroom growing, import and distribution business was legitimate, and that no illegal varieties of fungi were found.

Police continue to investigate where and how the drugs were allegedly distributed. Pearson was unsure if the couple used company mushroom trucks.

Franke made frequent trips to Logan Airport in Boston to pick up shipments of mushrooms from foreign countries. She delivered refrigerated and frozen mushrooms and other products to exclusive restaurants and stores in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine.

McGarvey and Franke were being held on $25,000 cash or $15,000 surety bail. They are scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 14.

The couple has prior convictions as husband and wife in Fall River, Mass., for possession with intent to distribute.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4772942 - 10/08/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like a nice life - living in the country, selling gourmets, growing pot. That couple sounds to me like good people.

Shame they got busted. :sad:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4776394 - 10/09/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Freedom police

Really!!! :smirk:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
    #4784358 - 10/10/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

COUGH COUGH COUGH ohhh yaaa ohhh I like to report some marijuanie plants growing on my neighbors yard. Cough couhg, ya ohh. I was out hiking and I accidentally jumped his fence, swam through the river, crossed the marsh, crawled through the bramble patch, and there it was plain as day. I think that it is wrong for my meighbor, cough cough to be charging to much for his pot, I mean for him to be growing it like that in plain day for everyone to see. cough cough. Yes I think he does own the property outright, yes he owns the cars, boat, truck, house, farm, nurserey, yes. His grandfather left it too him. So you gonna go check that overproiced guy, I mean that guy out, cough cough, cough. Thankyou. No thanks I can't leave my name.

GOD SAVE AMERICA or put it out of its misery

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Exotic mushroom growers charged with growing drugs [NH] [Re: EonTan]
    #5919540 - 07/31/06 06:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

They say live free or die in NH. well just about everyone I know who lives/lived/visited NH that uses Ganj has had a run in with the law, including me. NH. is red on the High times map, and basicaly red on the NORML map. NH can suck my DICK. VT, ME dont give a fuck about the ganja just keep your shit outta site and the cops wont bother you. NH they activly hunt down and prosecute for something as small as a stem. I know a girl who paid $600 fine for a stem. The person who ratted me out paid $250 fine for a stem, that should of tipped me off when I read it in the paper but figured this guy sells so much ecstacy he aint talking to the pigs. FUCK
J)$^!N D!%(INSON fucking RAT SCUMBAG.

Edited by downlowfunk (07/31/06 07:03 PM)

OfflineBGC
l'amour pour leschampignons
Male
Re: Exotic mushroom growers charged with growing drugs [NH] [Re: downlowfunk]
    #5921878 - 08/01/06 01:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah that's a real shame. As long as you have it hidden and aren't out drug-peddling, who should care what you personally have growing?

another shame, they got tipped on the mushrooms which they didn't even have any psychadelic ones growing. :frown:

--------------------
"Education is an admirable thing."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"Behold, the bush burned with fire."
Exodus III. 2.

"Earth laughs in flowers."
Hamatreya

"Necessity hath no law."
Speech 1664

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates