Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
These 3 liddle cakes.. :) (PICS)
    #477472 - 12/02/01 06:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey everyone.. I've got these 3 cakes birthed (same as in last post) and they're getting fluffier and fluffier - can anyone tell me if this is how they should be looking at this stage? Also do I need to do anything at this stage to get them to pin or should I just leave them for the time being? They are EQ, which, as I understand, are hard to pin so I've used the PF tek double casing method. These cakes had a weird red contam prior to being birthed but that is now only slightly visible on close inspection - my guess is that it has been mostly overrun by the mycelium.
Btw - I do not mind about reduced fruitings or the such due to the contam - these are my last surviving cakes and I have nothing left on the spore print so it's kinda like I gotta save them from extinction hehe :)
Anyway here are the pics:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: These 3 liddle cakes.. :) (PICS) [Re: _JJ_]
    #477480 - 12/02/01 06:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Throw them all out. All contaminated badly. Green mold on all 3, pink nasty shit on the left 2, and cobweb mold in addition to the gm on the right cake. Sorry man. (that white fluffy stuff is not mycelem)

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Edited by Eightball (12/02/01 06:59 PM)

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: These 3 liddle cakes.. :) (PICS) [Re: Eightball]
    #477490 - 12/02/01 07:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

damn those cakes are fuked up. Throw em out. I wouldn't take any shrooms from those. Could get sick or die from contams. One o my friends cakes just had a tiny green spot so I chucked it. I have one question. If the cakes weren't contaminated before they were birthed are the ecuadors usually pretty resistant toward contaminants?

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #477499 - 12/02/01 07:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm...
Hmmmmm......

Frankly, they don?t look too good. I fear you have multiple contaminations on these cakes, not only the reddish stuff.

There is not much to do now, provide humid enviroment, fan 1-2 times a day and wait. Perhaps some pins will show up before the contaminants overrun the cakes.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: These 3 liddle cakes.. :) (PICS) [Re: Anno]
    #477504 - 12/02/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

There's no green mould. I think what you're seeing are darker chunks of vermiculite. The only contam visible is that werid pinky red shit.. :/
O and also, they've been in the terrarium for over a week and have been improving the whole time. Nothing is overrunning the mycelium - it has gone from very little coverage to extensive coverage.

Edited by _JJ_ (12/02/01 07:10 PM)

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #477508 - 12/02/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

eww, what's all that red stuff and why are you still growing them after they started turning colors on you?

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#477510 - 12/02/01 07:11 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Fro what I can see there is the red stuff, some green mold, and some cobweb. I'd throw em away.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: These 3 liddle cakes.. :) (PICS) [Re: FreakShow]
    #477512 - 12/02/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I told you.. heh - these are my LAST cakes. I need them to pin for propagation of the species. Customs here in Australia have upped their interception of all imports so I'm trying to reduce the chance of me having to order another print.

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #477516 - 12/02/01 07:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

dude, you're crazy. toss 'em!

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #477518 - 12/02/01 07:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

There's no cobweb mould. The colours are misleading. It's white, pure white - what I think you are referring to as cobweb mould is simply a little dry mycelium which has been rejuvinating after I added a little more water to the top casing layer.
Ok look.. I don't know how I can make this any clearer. There is ONLY one contam. It's pinkish. The rest of the cake is a nice white - the pix are misleading. I don't care about the contam. This is the ONLY stuff I have left. My question is simply is it possible to get this stuff to pin? And if so, what steps should I take to do so?
Thanks!!

Edited by _JJ_ (12/02/01 07:21 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #477529 - 12/02/01 07:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

> It's white, pure white

Either I?m seeing colors or you?re color blind ;)

There are all sorts of colors at this cake.

I will send you a print for free if this is your problem.

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
    #477539 - 12/02/01 07:31 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with JJ here. I only see white. I AM colourblind, but that has no effect. Colourblindness doesnt mean you can only see black and white. It just mean syou have troubles differentiating between colours. For me my reds and greens look similar (so a red stop sign in front of a green tree is bad news for me).
But that means nothing, as there is only white fluff and brown verm on that. As far as its overfluffiness, I'm not sure on that. But for spore printing purposes only, I cant see any problems.
I wouldtn eat the fruit though

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: These 3 liddle cakes.. :) (PICS) [Re: razer]
    #477553 - 12/02/01 07:42 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Heh thanks razer, unfortunately as you are colourblind noone is going to take your opinion to heart except for me. Dammit :)
Anno: Money isn't the problem.. heh look, why don't we say that just for the hell of it I'm going to try to get these cakes to fruit and put everything else aside. I have the cakes right in front of me, and I'm not colourblind. This is exactly what I see:
They are white & fluffy, mycelium coverage is not complete, a couple of areas where water has dripped down the side of the cake have become slightly matted. There is a pinkish reddish contam visible through a thinner mycelium area near the top of a couple of the cakes. The white covering is really fluffy in areas, a little drier looking in others (like dried out fluff), there looks like a flowing sea of fluff on the vermiculite base growing outwards from one of the cakes. The drier mycelium is somewhat greyish I guess, but I guarantee you it's not cobweb mould. It smells sweetish, very very light smell though. When first birthed they smelt like sweet berries. The growth over the past week has been good, they've gone fluffier and whiter.

Edited by _JJ_ (12/02/01 07:43 PM)

OfflineSuFdAwG
Loc: hills in bumble fuck
    #477563 - 12/02/01 07:47 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

honestly i think u fucked up on sterility!!!!! what chu use for the jars? boil or pressure? how u innoculate? wiping the syringe needle each time it hit one side of the sterile jar with alcohal wipes? thaz what im gonna do, i can not afford to fuck up on my lext operation.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #477564 - 12/02/01 07:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

>It smells sweetish, very very light smell though. When first
>birthed they smelt like sweet berries.

So you have a bacterial contamination atop of the visible problems.
Well, i really don?t want to discourage you, but IMO your chances are slim.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #477572 - 12/02/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Heh ok well... considering the current mycelium coverage and fluffiness etc (ignoring all contam factors pls:) is the humidity high enough or too low do you think? Is the coverage adequate to attempt a cold shock to initiate pinning? Thanks :)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #477579 - 12/02/01 08:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

>the humidity high enough or too low do you think?

By looking at the walls of the container I?d say deffinitely high enough.

>Is the coverage adequate to attempt a cold shock to initiate pinning?

Well, the cakes are completely colonized(by whatever it is ;) ), so you could cold shock them.
When I do(did) cakes, I put them into the fridge for 1 day before birthing them.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #477584 - 12/02/01 08:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Anno. I'll give it a shot and let you all know how it goes.. some nice gnarly twisted deadly shrooms that smell like berries comin right up :)

Anonymous

#477609 - 12/02/01 08:25 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Bacterial problem my ass, that cake is NOTHING BUT BACTERIA, that shit you see there that 'looks' like mycelium.. is NOT mycelium at all. Those cakes are fucked, and I knew this from the instant I saw your pic that they reaked of 'fruit'... lemme guess, they grew REALLY FAST; right? I know this because this happened to me with 12 half pints the VERY first time I ever grew, and I had no clue about what I had... yes, I cased em, caked em.... even did a 'deep scratch' when they wouldn't pin, cold shocked this tray of mold in my fridge.. I can look back now and laugh.. my house was DANK with fruit, and not the good 'fruitz' either. sorry bro, but "lets just pretend' will be 'just kidding yourself', you probably have swollen glands in your neck too from breathing the shit, send it down the grbage disposal.

even if you did have healthy cakes there, there is nothing you can do to "MAKE" them pin.

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #477617 - 12/02/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

this has become a very interesting forum to read. I still sit here, reading, and wondering wtf i'm doing reading this? Seems to me that if all you are really intending to do is to get a spore print, why don't you save yourself the hassle and just order a spore print for $10 or $15? If you do indeed end up w/ a spore print, won't you then just be just duplicating little 1/2 pint jars of red fuzzy stuff?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder