Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineqip
qip
wbs stopped colonizing, slimy stuff inside left from wbs, fermenting, bitter odor???
    #4766458 - 10/06/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ok, i have done wbs before...but using b+ (maybe thats the reason??):
i accidentally filled the jars too full to where i couldnt fully shake them up and get everything broken up again. the jars didnt colonize super fast and only got about half-way. there was also a slimy kind of stuff in spots between the jar and the mycelium, and also when i shook them it left mixed slime shit all around the inside of the jars. I followed the same exact procedure as far as preparing the wbs that i have in the past, and its been successful many times around. for some reason the last 2 times i have tried, (with b+), i have got this problem. also they started stinking of a fermenting smell at first and then it became bitter fermenting smell. what the fuck is up??

--------------------
A genius is never satisfied with his/her level of achievement. --unknown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

Re: wbs stopped colonizing, slimy stuff inside left from wbs, fermenting, bitter odor??? [Re: qip]
    #4766604 - 10/06/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I just had a jar of mexi cube do the same. I think it could have been to moist and had too little air exchange. I use polyfil lids but i had this one covered pretty tight with foil. Mycelium sometimes produces "piss" but this was different. The harder i looked at it I noticed it was orange slime on the un colonized WBS, it just blended in with the color. I couldn't find too much info on orange mold but Ive seen it before and so have others.

Try again. Don't over fill your jars. Make sure they are getting air but not drying out.

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

Offlineqip
qip
Re: wbs stopped colonizing, slimy stuff inside left from wbs, fermenting, bitter odor??? [Re: crazytalken]
    #4767858 - 10/07/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i dont think mine was orange but i dunno....you think too little air exchange? i've done tons of batches in the past and theyve all worked perfectly. how do you increase air exchange? im using docs wild bird seed tek, with tyvek lids, polyfill in the hole and a coffee filter over it.

--------------------
A genius is never satisfied with his/her level of achievement. --unknown

Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

Re: wbs stopped colonizing, slimy stuff inside left from wbs, fermenting, bitter odor??? [Re: qip]
    #4770206 - 10/07/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I was sayin i think in my case poor air flow stalled growth and allowed this orange shit to grow.... could be a different reason in your case. The orange slime i talk about is a mystery on the shroomery.(if you try searching)

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom