Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechris92346
Stranger
Bad Trips...
    #4760377 - 10/05/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I keep reading people that say they love bad trips... They enjoy being scared. My gut response would be "They haven't had bad trips... maybe just uncomfortable trips."
Often a bad trip messes with some core issue you have. It is almost as though your worst possible fear is being revealed. How can it possibly be enjoyable to have yourself shaken to your absolute core.
I understand the people that say they appreciate bad trips because they learn through them. I just don't get however, people that enjoy them.
For me it is like this. Through psychedelics you can have such great highs, otherworldly highs. You experience things you probably would never otherwise experience. For me bad trips are just like paying the piper. If you want the great highs you have to accept the great lows. I just grit my teeth and bare it.
Somebody please enlighten me.

Edited by chris92346 (10/05/05 07:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: chris92346]
    #4760436 - 10/05/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I for one certainly learn alot through bad trips, though I tend to learna fair amount through good trips as well, though they act more as reinforcers of values to me, whereas bad trips act more as a values shifter. If that makes sense.

That being said, I think it's best not to classify trips as "good" or "bad". Much better to accept everything that's happening as happening, and not apply judgment to them. Ideally, one should act like this to all things and events.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinechris92346
Stranger
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: dblaney]
    #4760448 - 10/05/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hmm interesting response... I have found myself also trying to see life for what it is and not judge things as good or bad... they just are.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: chris92346]
    #4760460 - 10/05/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's exactly it man! You've got to keep doing that. Don't judge things, practice unconditional love, and don't be attached to the results of your actions. :thumbup:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4760800 - 10/05/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've definitely gone places I'd rather not visit again in my psychadelic journeys.  And yet I regret NOTHING.  Each time I've come away with something... greater, from the experience.  Sometimes learning is fun, sometimes learning hurts like a motherfuck...  :flyzapper:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
    #4760811 - 10/05/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i've never had a bad trip, thankfully. i've cried during trips, but that was because of the sheer beauty of it.

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #4760969 - 10/05/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, so have I.  I'd imagine it's like the ecstacy of God that someone more religous than I would be like.  Of course, shortly after that I experienced the most horrid thought loop EVER.  :paranoid: 

*sigh*  Memories... or lack thereof...

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlinechris92346
Stranger
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4762076 - 10/06/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WillieTomg said:
I've definitely gone places I'd rather not visit again in my psychadelic journeys.  And yet I regret NOTHING.  Each time I've come away with something... greater, from the experience.  Sometimes learning is fun, sometimes learning hurts like a motherfuck...  :flyzapper:

I think you understand the point I was trying to make.  Bad trips can be a good thing BUT you don't really enjoy it.  I want to hear from sombody that says they actually enjoy the experince.  People that get off on being scared shiteless.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Bad Trips... [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #4763074 - 10/06/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ArcofaJourney said:
i've never had a bad trip, thankfully. i've cried during trips, but that was because of the sheer beauty of it.

Everybody has bad trips, if you keep tripping you will get yours and THEN you will be truly thankful. (well once its done)

Dont be thankful that you havent had a bad trip, your just setting yourself up for a bad one by saying that lol!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (10/06/05 09:10 AM)

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4763721 - 10/06/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Out of about 10-15 trips, 1 of them has been "bad." I was by myself and in a sour mood prior to drinking the tea, which was my first mistake. My second mistake was trying to go to sleep. I got caught in a deep, dark thought loop. When I finally came down from the trip, I was very depressed.

But, like many have already said, I'm glad I had the experience. It was scary and depressing but very valuable. Now, when I trip, I always come to the "fork in the road" where one road leads to having healthy thoughts and the other leads down a dark path to a less-than-enjoyable experience. Because of my "bad" trip, I feel much more in control of my mind.

You are responsible for the way your trip goes. The same applies with how you feel every day.

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: Blek]
    #4765413 - 10/06/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Bad Trips... [Re: 3six5]
    #4766396 - 10/06/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well i have only had one "bad" trip but i learned so much more about myself from that one experience it was a pure living hell even though i knew it was from a high dose of shrooms and i was perfectly safe. but it helped me learn very personal things that i value a lot. after that night i said "I am never doing these fucking things again." well hell after i got back from Camping for a week and deep deep thinking out in the wilderness with my friend who had a very scary experience the same night i was mentally ready to admit that i was not done with shrooms. i have slightly unpleasant trips where mood got fucked up by my stupid ex friend who didn't have any connection and didn't treat mushrooms as something one should use carefully with heavy consideration.
but i wasn't having a bad trip just annoyed.
I would never wish that my hell trip never happened it made me respect the sacred mushroom.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies