Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThePerspective
EuphoricFantasia

Possibly contaminated LC, narrowing down what is causing Green Meanie
    #4760219 - 10/05/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Tried multiple grains who have all fallen victim to green mold. I'm using a couple different strain syringes to do Karo water liquid cultures. 2 of the same strain has a black-ish tinting and damping of the mycelium, but the others all looked perfectly healthy.

I always add 2cc of H2O2 before sucking them up, but still I have had a 100% failure with more still incubating that I don't know if they will go down or not.

I emptied and will re-do all of the LC syringes off of 2 jars that haven't been opened yet, and also re-start brand new jars with spores from the original strains.

I think I've narrowed down that it could be a contaminate introduced at inoculation. I've since done 2nd generation LC jars which have exploded and are already basically done in 3 days and look 100%. How do you spot a contam on something like this if you can't even see it, though? These were gotten from a sponsor, but have sat in a sealed box for a few months (I don't think this would have done anything to hurt them though as they are obviously still viable)

Could there be something more than a bad LC causing this mold? I've upped my PC times and it didn't seem to make a difference. I soak for 24 and simmer until the right water content, and have used 3 different types of grain, all of which have failed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThePerspective
EuphoricFantasia

Re: Possibly contaminated LC, narrowing down what is causing Green Meanie [Re: ThePerspective]
    #4764760 - 10/06/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone?

OfflineJellyRollMorton
Stranger Danger
Loc: Bobland
Re: Possibly contaminated LC, narrowing down what is causing Green Meanie [Re: ThePerspective]
    #4764827 - 10/06/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

what are you doing with the h2o2? sucking it up and then shooting it out? I wouldn't leave it in the syringe as that would kill most of the things in there. When i sterilize my syringes, of which i have used many times, i suck up about a half cc of 91% isopropyl alcohol, put the needle facing up and slowly draw the syringe, then slowly push it back up and squirt everything out into the sink.then i light the needle on fire and let the alcohol burn off.
the fact that you're getting 100% contams is real harsh, and it really seems like a bad lc to me. do you have a glovebox? if not try building one. I dont, and i lose maybe 1 out of 10 jars or so at the most so it doesn't sound like your probelm is at inoculation. if your problem is at the noc'ing, try varing your procedures ie take a shower immediately before hand, turn off fans, buy latex gloves, dont breathe, im sure others could suggest more.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract