Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial
    #4760502 - 10/05/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think this type of thread is still allowed in S&P because of the philosophical implications of it, so here's a UFO extraterrestrial story I just saw on Yahoo!............

Yahoo! News

Quote:

UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial By Jude Webber
Wed Oct 5, 8:55 AM ET

One minute Jonathan Reed was hiking with his golden retriever in a forest in Seattle. The next, his pet was being torn apart by a "gray" -- an alien being with an elongated head, smelling of rotting fruit.

A scene from a sci-fi film? No, maintains Reed, a former child-developmental psychologist who says he took the alien home and lived with it for nine days in which it communicated via telepathy and was able to pull thoughts from his mind.

Reed and others -- including Uruguayan Rafael Ulloa who says aliens in spaceships spirited away people from New York's twin towers in the September 11, 2001, attacks -- gather in Lima this week for a world extra-terrestrial congress.

Peru has long been a mecca for mystics and there have been abundant reports of flying saucers, especially over the southern town of Chilca. Some locals reckon aliens imbued mud springs there with special curative and fertility powers.

The congress, organized by the Alfa y Omega group that believes a fleet of UFOs will fly to Earth at the end of the world and Christ could use one for his second coming, during its October 6-9 run will pore over photos and grainy films of bright flashes and spooky shapes they say point to alien life forms.

Retired U.S. air force Lt. Col Donald Ware, 69, told a news conference Tuesday his first contact with aliens was in 1953, when he saw seven spacecraft flying over Washington,

D.C.

He spotted no signs of extra-terrestrial life during his service, but said he had seen alien craft eight times since retiring in 1982.

'DETECTING THE VISITORS'

Seeing isn't always believing. Wendelle Stevens, a retired U.S. Air Force colonel, said he believed in aliens after having investigated 100 cases, despite never having seen any himself.

Stevens, thought to have the largest archive of photographs of alleged UFOs in the world, says he worked from 1947-49 in Alaska with B-29 planes fitted with special scientific instruments to "detect the visitors."

His work there began the year the U.S. military is believed by some to have hushed up two purported crashes of alien spacecraft within a month. The Air Force denies the stories.

Stevens, who said he did not believe in aliens before his work, said it was his job to debrief the crews of the B-29s and recounted how "the radio frequency spectrum went completely haywire ... and the temperature in the airplane increased. (The crew) looked out and there's a disc next door," he said.

He said the crew shot photographs with four different types of camera, but the military suppressed the pictures. No Air Force spokespersons could immediately comment on his remarks.

One of the most unusual testimonies comes from Reed on his 1996 experience with the alien he came to call Freddie.

Reed, who says he has a bracelet belonging to the extra-terrestrial, said Freddie had skin "almost like that of a pig." It breathed and had red blood, but did not speak. Tests showed he had 46 chromosomes, like humans, but 9 were different and resembled those of dolphins and sea turtles, Reed added.

Aliens enthusiasts and UFO spotters are used to raised eyebrows, ridicule and worse. Reed says he was shot after his alien encounter and blames a "government faction which doesn't want this information out."

But his close encounter with the alien with slanting eyes and a slit mouth "proved to me we are living in a much bigger universe," he said.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: Learyfan]
    #4760554 - 10/05/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

To be honest, I'm becoming less of a skeptic the more I read about these things. We had a fascinating discussion of this type of metaphysical happenings at the last gathering, and it has changed the way I look at these occurances.

It would be interesting to someday hear or see what the government's files say. Someone should file a FOIA request with them.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: dblaney]
    #4760668 - 10/05/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

After years of reading and hearing testimony from plenty of reputable people (pilots, military, government people) I have no doubt of the existence of extraterrestrials.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4760697 - 10/05/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah...I've never really doubted their existance so much as I have questioned whether or not we've actually encountered them and/or interacted with them.

But to think that in this enormously, mind-boggling vast multiverse we are the one and only living and sentient creatures IMO is very planetcentric and just nearsighted.

Hopefully someday more people will realize this possibility and we may well come in contact with a cool creature like this who, in fact, doesn't want to take over the world :tongue:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: dblaney]
    #4760716 - 10/05/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
It would be interesting to someday hear or see what the government's files say.

I would be interested in this as well, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that UFO's are extraterrestrial in nature. Looking at our military history, I think it's more likely that the government just has much more advanced technology than they're letting us know about.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: Silversoul]
    #4760945 - 10/05/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

dblaney said:
It would be interesting to someday hear or see what the government's files say.

I would be interested in this as well, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that UFO's are extraterrestrial in nature. Looking at our military history, I think it's more likely that the government just has much more advanced technology than they're letting us know about.

The first line of the report says...........

Quote:

One minute Jonathan Reed was hiking with his golden retriever in a forest in Seattle. The next, his pet was being torn apart by a "gray" -- an alien being with an elongated head, smelling of rotting fruit.

Do you believe that the beings that people see are created by the government?

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4761611 - 10/05/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i believe the beings people say they've seen are complete fabrications...

this article contains a few glaring omissions... like the fact that reed claims to have in his posession a bracelet of extraterrestrial origin... where is this supposed bracelet? why is it not presented for scientific analysis... any reasonable person might suspect that an object left by some sinister alien presence might be an incredibly powerful explosive device, or radioactive, or might contain extraterrestrial pathogens, so why is this object not in quarantine?

he also claims to know the color of the supposed alien's blood, even his number of chromosomes... any person who watches csi can tell you that every animal leaves something of itself behind, be it skin flakes, hair, saliva, bodily oils, fingerprints, semen, fecal matter etc... if some creature stayed in your house for nine days you would be able to produce at least some of these, yet this person has not...

so we have a person, who makes a very improbable claim, who has no physical evidence to back up that claim... so how is he different than the nutcases who claim to have dined with elvis recently?

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4761620 - 10/05/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i also find incredible his claim that this being killed his dog, and afterward he let the being stay at his house... i don't open my house to anyone who has the audacity to kill my dog, neither would anyone else who's sane... you just don't open your house to someone who has killed your beloved pet...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #4761712 - 10/05/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Some locals reckon aliens imbued mud springs there with special curative and fertility powers."

omg its the smoking gun!

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#4761743 - 10/05/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You know what?  You're totally right.  Haha.  This is ridiculous.  I can't believe I posted this.  This is definitely not a good example at all.  Wow. :confused:

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4761820 - 10/06/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i like that egyptian graphic... it doesn't look like an alien to me, it more looks like the front view of the standard egyptian jackal-man, as rendered by an ancient people who had not yet mastered the art of reproducing 3-dimensional images in a 2-dimensional medium...

too bad michaelangelo never drew an alien, that would give us some solid data on the aliens' musculature...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
    #4761832 - 10/06/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

did you know that some of the heaviest stones of the Egyptian pyramids weighed some 12,000 tons? thats 2.4 MILLION POUNDS... now WHAT fucking pulley system or method could the Egyptians have used to build the damn pyramids, with such mathematical perfection. Some theories point towards extraterrestrial assistance... since back then the world was MUCH less hostile, and much more open minded, allowing the visitors to enter out atmosphere with much less haste and precaution. Any opinions on that shit?

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: PookztA]
    #4761910 - 10/06/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

a group of college students did it a couple of years ago, the managed to move stones the same size as the ones used to build a pyramids, and managed to build a small pyramid, using only the tools that were available to ancient egyptians... discovery channel did a bunch of shows about them...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4762636 - 10/06/05 05:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

did you know that some of the heaviest stones of the Egyptian pyramids weighed some 12,000 tons? thats 2.4 MILLION POUNDS

I've always wondered why UFO people have to make things up all the time to back their position instead of just using the truth and see where it leads them. Could it be wishful thinking?

The heaviest blocks in the Great Pyramid of Giza weigh 60 tons. The average is 2.5 tons.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/gizahistory.html

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #4762643 - 10/06/05 05:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You know what?  You're totally right.  Haha.  This is ridiculous.  I can't believe I posted this.  This is definitely not a good example at all.  Wow.

More wishful thinking and WANTING it to be true rather than critical analysis in an honest search for the truth. :thumbdown:

The Egyptian Alien that UFO proponents love to point to (either out of ignorance of archeology or outright deceit) as 'proof' of alien visitation long ago goes like this:

ET closeup:

ET In Context:

What A Critical Thinker Finds When Searching For The TRUTH, Whatever It May Be, Instead of Searching For Evidence To Back What They Desparately WANT To Be True:

ET is a flower pot.

Edited by Diploid (10/06/05 10:13 AM)

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: Diploid]
    #4763824 - 10/06/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Some feel that UFO study is still a worthwhile topic because of open questions, especially due to occasional reports of UFOs from professional or military astronomers or pilots - individuals whose careers, and often their very lives, rely on their ability to recognize and assess aircraft, weather conditions, distances, and other factors vital to flight. Some Ufologists argue such cases are more difficult to dismiss as misidentification of mundane objects. Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell are two NASA astronauts who have expressed an interest in UFOs, and both have decried what they consider the biased attitudes of some professionals; Cooper claims to have seen UFOs in the early 1950s.

It is also noted that UFO evidence goes beyond just eyewitness accounts. There is sometimes corroborating evidence such as simultaneous radar contact, photographs/movies/video, or physical interactions with the environment, e.g., electromagnetic interference, physiological effects, or "landing traces." (see Science and UFOs section)

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: Ego Death]
    #4764068 - 10/06/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When quoting verbatim from someone else's writing, it is customary to credit them. Not doing so is called plagiarism: :thumbdown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial [Re: Diploid]
    #4764122 - 10/06/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well i was taking that 1200 tons = 2.4 million pounds thing directly from James Arthur. hes pretty renoun, so i dont understand how hed be so misinformed. maybe he is referring to like on large central block or something? PBS isnt always right :wink: but im not saying i am, just agreeing to disagree lol, not even that imoprtant of a topic. cool discussion tho

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #4764813 - 10/06/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Am i the only one not that impressed with the pyramids? I've actually seen them in person and wasnt that overwhelmed.

Give me 50 years and virtually an unlimited supply of slaves and ill do the same.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: UFO-spotters tell tales of the extra-terrestrial *DELETED* [Re: Learyfan]
    #4765847 - 10/06/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom