Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? *DELETED* [Re: Asante]
    #4764269 - 10/06/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: Reason?

Edited by Lakefingers (10/06/05 02:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? *DELETED* [Re: Psiloman]
    #4764306 - 10/06/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: Reason?

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #4764912 - 10/06/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think its deeper issues...

i spoke through the scope of psychedelics and i dont know if it can be generalised to include all psychoactives.Apparently some of them are more dangerous than others.

The deeper issues run on many levels,from political to economical to social.We cant change everything but we can do our part.The "7 rules" would then make "shiting on the sidewalk" to be "shiting in the toilet" if you catch my drift.

For example ,psychedelics are very usefull agents in psychotherapy and im scientifically interested on them.Meaning : I have partook in them but i dont partake as it is usually done in a continuous fashion. They have proven to be "gems" if used correctly.Its a shame that they cant be used this way because of prohibition.If users started (by following those rules) not causing trouble to themselves or others,but instead even receiving benefits then everyone would not point at them the way they do today.At first it would be the same,people would point at them but after a while they would have simply a weak argument! They wont be able to mention "you friend jimmy that freaked out and now is on psych medication,your brother in the rehab,the neighboor that sits lazyly smpking pot everyday all day".

Hmmm, do i carry my message across?

It can be done but not expecting it from others.Everyone should start for himself/herself.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4764959 - 10/06/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

What do you mean by choice?

I've heard this before. It's the same reasoning the overclass expressed about the starving, broke workers of early industrial Europe and America. The workers had themselves to blame for drinking and not having any money. It was their choice. It was just a matter of choosing to have respect. It's the same logic all the poor people (especially poor whites) have internalized in America: it's our fault, because there's something wrong with us.

Nope, please read it like I wrote iot.

The addiction may not be a choice. The need for money is hardly a choice. But to get that money you can either suffer or inflict suffering on others, and that IS a choice.

Heroin makes you crave money. It does not make you mug people. It does not make you stab people AFTER they handed you the money. Once you spread misery you have become the problem.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: Asante]
    #4765239 - 10/06/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well when ever i notice my grades slipping during heavy periods of sue i Cu's back or stop for a bit.
and i cant stand being stoned and just sitting on my ass.
i have to be doing something and keeping my mind busy love to be outside and look at things with a totally different perspective.

whole system of society is a load of bullshit.
If you don't fit in or conform your immediately labeled as a freak and a failure, its a horrible system thats so brutal that people die from anorexia Cu's they re a little bit overweight people are afraid to go out without the latest designer brands Cu's they think someone might think poorly of them. Fuck that! I go out with whatever the hell i want and don't give a damn what others think because does it matter a week, month,year, or even 20 years if someone thinks you look stupid Cu's your being yourself? it means absolutely nothing.

The media has pumped everyones heads full of this crap.
It time to put a stop to this vicious cycle of lies and bullshit.
heh this is what 30mg of adderall and weed does to me hehe.
Its not the drugs ite the media and society.

--------------------

OI OI OI

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: MrMolotov]
    #4765355 - 10/06/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

*your* prescription adderall? One could argue that it's drugs *and* society in that case :smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
    #4765970 - 10/06/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think it is the drug user community as a whole combined with the media that makes drug users look bad.

Honostly, the drug users have a lot to do with it. Their are a lot of drug crimes, and a lot of really stupid people doing really stupid things. I dont think this really needs an explanation, we all know the stupid things drug users do. And no matter how responsible you claim to be as a drug user, i bet you have done at least one irresponsible thing while on drugs. And it is those little things that bring to the bad rap we get. Also the pothead that sits on the couch and plays video games all day doesnt really help the drug community image either.

the media constantly promotes those false drug campaigns that make drugs look worse and worse everyday. And no normal person is ever going to question, hmm, are drugs good? No, its just not a factor. The media brainwashes us with the worst possible information, and nobody is going to question it. It has been too ingrained in our skulls since day one, "Drugs are bad, if you do them, you suck, your a loser." And whenever a drug related thing happens, they just go, look at this guy, he was using drugs. It explains to the general public all they need to know, cause everyone knows drugs are bad and eat holes at your brain. The more drugs you do, the stupider you get.

But then we also need to look at their side instead of being so ignorant, well some of us are. Are these drugs really a bad idea for our society? Is it ok to make such powerful substances available to everyone? Addictions are bad news, and even we know that. Legal addictions are bad too (alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, etc), but if all drugs were legalized, we would have a lot more cokeheads, crackheads, heroin addicts, potheads even, and just about every abusable drug, their would be people hooked on it. If drugs were looked at in a positive light, many people would not even question addiction and the bad effects that could entail frequent usage. I think that a society of drug crazed lunatics would be worse than a society of ignorant, sober hypocrites.

Either way, their is a major problem with people and self control. Drugs are just very controversial. Honostly, i dont know many people who are mature enough to use drugs in a purly responsible manner.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: EternalMetal]
    #4774150 - 10/08/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is such a tricky question, I (and many others here) have spent a lot of time thinking of all the different aspects of this complex enigmah. Now maybe I'm thinking we were wasting our time, the answer was just around the corner in another thread:

Quote:

harrybosetti said:
While I was gone, they went ballistic. One of them had taken all the glasses out of the cupboards and smashed them on the roof, and the owner of the house had pissed everywhere. Things were overturned, doors were smashed in and there was puke everywhere. Im not sure why everything got out of control, guess they just lost it.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4774319 - 10/08/05 08:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if everyone understood 'drugs' (mind enhancers/exploration tools) the way we do, then we wou;dn't be unique. I think it would just be a lot better if they decriminalised use. As Alexander Shulgin said "drugs don't 'do things' to your brain, they allow you to 'do things' yourself. A psychedelic doesn't come with memories of childhood, they help you unlock them"
If we could just be allowed to practice our litergies as we want to, then there would be so much less crime/prison population. If everyone just had an unbiased opinion, we would be less oppressed. What if they gave alcohol the same publicity as weed?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: indica]
    #4774345 - 10/08/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

erm, you mean to say the benzene ring didn't contain my childhood memories? Now I feel silly for swapping hits with a friend at the last second to get to figure out how he got that damn scar... :frown:

--------------------

OfflineDimerolle7
Begger
Male

Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #16806024 - 09/07/12 03:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

im always the one trying to make people think drugs are awesome like whenver im in a public place with random people around who know im high, i act extra cool so they think theres nothing wrong with drugs.

i think i take it too far actually... im really opssessed with that

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
Re: Who really makes drugs look bad? [Re: Dimerolle7]
    #16806411 - 09/07/12 05:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

To me, it's 2 things:
1. The addicts/junkies/whatever you want to call them. No disrespect and no judgement towards anyone struggling with an addiction to ANYTHING - the people I mean are those who walk around looking like shit, tweaking, what have you, stealing money, possessions, robbing people, etc. to get a fix. Even bud smokers who just sit on their ass all day long. Again, I'm not judging anyone in that, it's just that those people are the type to make people think there's no such thing as responsible drug use.
2. government/disinformation/lies/propaganda. don't need to explain that further, that's why 90% of people hate others who use drugs, even if they smoke 2 packs a day and drink a fifth of vodka a night while prescribed to xanax. At least they're not "junkies"! So, brainwashing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds