Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
Synchronicity, strangeness
    #4740700 - 10/01/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Has anyone experienced extreme cases of synchronicity while tripping? For instance; meteorological events coinciding with a statement as punctuation, "prediction", anything similar? Something that might be considered "otherworldy", similacrous, not just strange... Fortean.

Last time I tripped there was this really amazing windstorm... it kept getting more intense as the night wore on, and finally, my fiancee and I made love and just as we finished, the rain broke into a furious downpour.

This trip in particular wasw filled with such things... alot of my recent trips have had out of the ordinary realm of tripping strangeness happening and I was just curious about others' experiences.

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #4745429 - 10/02/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

allll the time

--------------------

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#4745605 - 10/02/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Totally.  Everything gets connected.  I keep thinking the shrooms are trying to reveal something to me.  Like it is a puzzle I need to unlock.  Because all these things keep connecting and it's like ahh! :smile:

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #4747110 - 10/02/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Synchronicity is the flow of nature.

The flow is not random...

And I think there are signs to be shown as well.

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4757767 - 10/05/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've only experienced extreme cases of this when in states of non drug induced psychosis. These recent trips have left my mind a mess with simulacrum... does anyone know about the playwright August Strindberg?

In any case the phenomenon is amazing. It just gets a little sticky when you examine it too far... toeing the line of sanity.

--------------------
Simple Grain Recipe

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #4759050 - 10/05/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. 

It's uncanny some of the shit that can happen to you on psychedelics.  I've read quite a lot about this and to be honest I don't think anyone really knows what's going, and that's pretty exciting.  It's all part of the mystery.

:mushroom2: PART OF THE PATTERN!  :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineLibertarian
Stranger
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Revelation]
    #4759369 - 10/05/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Common sense tells me jungian synchronicity is a bunch of dubious mysticism dressed up as a psuedo-science. But I have had some strange occurences, such as thinking the same things as the person I am shrooming with. There of course is an explanation for it all.

Edited by Libertarian (10/05/05 02:18 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Libertarian]
    #4760025 - 10/05/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

on LSA and weed I was zoning out watching television, tripping on some recurrent (and negative) thoughts.... and whenever I'd ask a question about the thoughts I was having, the television would answer the question for me.... ALOUD..... and like sometimes when it answered it was like the voice came shattering in from an external reality into my own.

the whole trip i kept thinking about how reality is a dream, and how i'm dreaming myself into existence, and the ONLY reason I exist is because I think I exist...

and 3-4 hours later when the weed wore off and the synchronicity stopped, this episode of south park came on about a terrence and phillip movie, and they started talking about all this existential stuff about how people weren't sure if terrence and phillip invented themselves through their television series, or the other way around... AND IT TRIPPED ME OUT because this is the exact stuff I had been thinking about nonstop for a few hours on end.

it was extreme synchronicity. This is why I don't recommend LSA + weed to people, because it's a lot to handle and turns a good and lighthearted trip into a sort of deja-vu synchronistic I'm dreaming awake and everything isn't real kind of trip.

When I tell people "the television talked to me" they don't take it seriously, but I mean that literally. TO me.... any thought I had was woven in deliberately so that at the exact moment I asked a yes or no question, the television characters would say "yes" or "no" or any number of other simple answers...... whether this was imagined or not or it was really synchronized I don't know, but because of south park I'd have to say, YES, it was synchronized... and the possibilities of what this could mean kind of blow my mind.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: leery11]
    #4760054 - 10/05/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I experience this all the time. It's actually quite fun especially when things synch up to music, or activities that you're involved in you almost know what'll happen next or it makes perfect sense that it did happen that way. I even get like this when i'm high.

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Sinistral]
    #4760069 - 10/05/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like to push myself into it but it gets strange quick.

It's interesting not because it is 'true' or 'untrue'... it is mind bending either way.

--------------------
Simple Grain Recipe

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
    #4760083 - 10/05/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SweetJimmyBrown said:
I like to push myself into it but it gets strange quick.

I love it. It gets me out of a lot of jams with myself. When I start getting paranoid or uneasy, I start noticing the synching of things and love to push the limits to see how far it'll go. The concentrating on it and marvel of it all has gotten me out of some tough jams  :thumbup:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Sinistral]
    #4760895 - 10/05/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The frequency of synchronicity definitely increases when you've got a psychedelic experience going.

Once on the comedown of a strong mescaline trip, my girlfriend and I were talking about the difference between the old Volkswagen Beetle and the new Volkswagen Bug.  We agreed that it was increasingly hard to spot the old Beetle, and we missed them.  The new ones are all over, but I hadn't seen an old model in quite a long time.  As we were talking this over, we turned the corner, and there, parked in my parking spot, was an old volkswagen beetle!    People never park there.  No one on the block owns a beetle.  I never saw the car before or after that.  It was awesome :smile:

Terence Mckenna talks about this effect too.  He says he trips indoors because "you'd have to be crazy to take a major psychedelic in public, becuase the density of synchronicity goes off the charts.  A piano could fall on your head!"

--------------------

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Noviseer]
    #4762541 - 10/06/05 04:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I had that quote in my head when I wrote the origonal post.

--------------------
Simple Grain Recipe

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4763105 - 10/06/05 09:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Theres definately something going on what we just cant put our finger on!!!

jsut yesterday i was talkign to my buddy about ATP (the energy which we use) and how its thanks to that byproduct that all animals are able to be.
Like ATP is an entity, its what God is in us or something.

THen I was walking hoem and looked at this car, the license plate started with ATP!
I then thought that because everything is connected, its like god wanted me to remember that what I was thinking was in the right direction and not to let that tought up.

? i dunno just happened yesterday its all i got!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

#4763150 - 10/06/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Synchronicity is a daily event for me, anyway, but it increases 10-fold in psychadelic experiences. I used to notice that each trip would seem to have a theme, a particular lesson to be learned, or a cluster of related lessons.

I think these experiences are available to us during normal consciousness, but most people aren't open to them enough to notice or have them. The more you focus on them, the more they occur, but our thoughts are even closer to "the source" when we're tripping. This makes bending reality a little easier.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Gliders]
    #4763288 - 10/06/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Read:

Quote:

While tripping you trip is effected by your set and setting (the inference in this statement being that your mind set and setting are simply like various amounts of positive and negative electrical charge going into the mixing bowl of your trip). The trip is nothing more than the sum of these two parts.

It is generally accepted that a trip will affect your mind-set by bringing to light a strong mental message by way of metaphorical lessons in halucinatory form.

That the trip can actually physically manipulate the setting to more effectively send across a strong message, is less accepted and is referred to as the process of convergence or singularly as a convergence.

Both the manipulation of set and setting by the trip have the same intention as well as I can figure...Manipulation makes it easier to get the message across.

The ideas behind this process require a little background. First it goes under the assumption that tripping is a learning tool. Second that you understand that you as a person are within and a part of a singular field of energy that is popularly refered to as the Universe or alternately, God. Because we are part of the field, we can manipulate it in a sense and the manifestation of that manipulation is a convergence. It is the exact right experience at the exact right moment which is aimed at personal growth. It makes life seem almost dream-like. Another popular way of describing a convergence is a "twin-peaks" experience (if youve seen the tv show, you know what I mean).

When I say "exact right experience" I mean the experience is exactly what you need to know at that moment in time, and is a clue as to what would be the most beneficial action on your part.

Characteristically, a convergence is followed by confusion (though what trip isnt, eh?)and because we are in an altered state, we too often question the validity of the experience and dont act on it. Sometimes that censorship is helpful...other times it is an impediment. Please note, though, that convergences arnt always pleasant...its learning...and sometimes learning is dark.

From my experience with myself and others, the easiest way to cause a convergent experience is to follow this guidelines:

1.) Be near a large population of people. For some reason, the closer you are to a major population center, the more likely a convergence is to occur. (Note:Tripping in a forest will lead to more subtle versions of convergence as precentage of chance encounters with people or animals is greatly reduced, though more spiritual enounters are greatly increased in frequency).

2.) A group of up to 4 or less good friends tripping tends to draw in convergences more easily than larger groups (though smaller groups have no trouble from my experience).

3.) Paradoxally, in concern to 2, if too many people are tripping in the area, a convergence is less likely to occur (or perhaps to be noticed) Large frat parties, Raves...ect ect.

4.) convergences dont happen when you are concentrating singularly upon the trip itself. If you are out experiencing the world or simply interacting or observing people rather than zoning to music or TV, it seems to work better."
-unknown source

--------------------

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: Revelation]
    #5422135 - 03/20/06 11:29 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I was atop a mountain while tripping with a friend one night.
We were in a small town on the BC coast, small population, so at the top of the hill it was very dark and you could see millions(if not billions) of stars. We layed down and watched the sky for a good half hour or so, seeing various shooting stars, satellites, planes, ect. The stars were moving all over the place in our state, but you could tell when it was a psilocybin induced movement. We were talking about all the crazy stuff up in the sky and the cool things we could see and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A meteorite ripped straight above us lighting up the whole sky!!!!!!!!! It was up in the sky, and we were high on shrooms so the size of it can only be vaugley estimated, but it was a long streak of fire i would say well over a kilometer long(possibly way more). We were both just awestrucken. I did not think it was real at first, considering we were just talking about such occurances, but we had a couple other friends further down the hill and they confirmed it. I have never witnessed such an event in my entire life, sober or not. My friend started getting all religous about it aftarward, "god sent that for us man", but i am a scientific person/darwinist  so i wouldnt have any of it. I think just about everything is a co-incedence you just pay a lot more attention to it when in a psycidellic state.

Another totally sperate occasion.
4 friends of mine had ingested some mushrooms and been wondering around the gardens at our local campus. One of them noticed a green glow coming from the bush, he went over to investigate, only to find 4 freshly cracked glow sticks!!!!!!!
A glow stick lasts for what 6-7 hours, but has dimmed noticably by 2-3 hours. So why were there 4 fresh cracked sticks in a deserted garden in the middle of the night?????
Another occasion we were in a field running around, a friend of mine had a half full can of pop. He handed it to me, but i dropped it :mad:
BUT!!!!!! it did a complete flip as i dropped it, and landed upright, with no spill!!!!! :shocked:

There is more then 6 billion people on this planet, crazy stuff happend everywhere everyday, and we never hear about it. I think you are just more more intune, and paying attention in a psycidellic state, and you just realise these happenings more readily.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #6294801 - 11/17/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, psychedelics are weird that way.

One time I was trippin on like 5-6 grams of mushrooms, I was at a party on a side of the city I live in, that I am NEVER on, I left because the drunks were really weirding me out (I was the only one on mushrooms) and it just wasn't my type of crowd, I went for a pointless random journey to see what I could accidently find, I was still trppin really hard.  Nothing was really happening so I decided to find a bus stop and go home, all of a sudden I could hear some rustling in the bushes ahead of me, I got a little paranoid thinking it was a dog/alien or something :shiftyeyes: ... all of a sudden my best freind, who I hadn't seen/heard from for 2 years, because he was working up in the yukon, walked out of the bushes and said "wanna eat some ecstacy?"  :stars: I honestly thought I was in the midst of a dream or something, I just stood there and looked at him for a couple minutes, he did the same, "sure!" I finaly said and we took a bus back to my place and ate E while he explained why he was where he was... turns out he went to a party (not the same one I was at) and bailed because the people sucked, he was in the bushes because he dropped his lighter while trying to light a smoke, this was one of the weirdest fucking nights of my life.

Just recently, a few of my freinds, my girlfreind and I, took a pretty woppin dose of liquid LSD, and went camping, we were watching the stars at one point, the sky was going absolutely nuts, there was shit happening I have never seen before, after a while, we could just point at a part of the sky, and say "NOW!" and a shooting star or flash of light would just happen to occur EVERY TIME, right where we were pointing... Later on that night, every one was sleeping except for me and my girlfreind, and she commented on how she has never seen the northern lights before, but wished she could, and of course a couple minutes later the northern lights appeared in the sky, the most intense display I have ever seen in my life! (I've seen them lots)

I wont even get into the DXM trip me and my buddy had one time...
You'd think I was nuts :cuckoo: (if you don't already!)

fuck man, I could right a book on this subject it's happened so often.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Edited by LuSiD9 (11/17/06 06:18 PM)

Offlinedropout
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: LuSiD9]
    #6294931 - 11/17/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

synchronicity is becoming more of a universal law to me than anything. I dont know why but i am just used to to now...but some times it still really freks me out

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Synchronicity, strangeness [Re: dropout]
    #6295888 - 11/18/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

the sense of synchroncity increases as well as deja vu as the mind buffers time.

normally you get single frames of consciousness like a movie.
under psychedelic (dreams or emotion too) the frames fade more slowly and seem to stack up.

multiple moments smear together and become inseparable.

for deja vu the near future has just past, and for synchronicity what is close in time becomes simultaneous.

i love how thick and rich the moment becomes on psychedelic.

try to avoid superstitiousness.
there is lots to see, as it is, and as it stacks together.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate