Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Eating mycelium 2
    #4749610 - 10/03/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

For some reason, I can't post in that thread. But anyhow, isn't there a method where you use a rice cake at the bottom of your normal cake(like a quaker oat rice cake) and it absorbs the psilocybin? I see to remember reading that a while ago. Like a long time ago, before I even knew what I was reading. But I do remember it saying that you can get a 2nd trip after all your flushes are done while using the rice cake method if you eat it?

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4749626 - 10/03/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Just grow sclerotia if you want to eat mycelium. It is highly compacted mycelium and certainly works.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: blackout]
    #4749696 - 10/03/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

im just wondering.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4749800 - 10/03/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I havent heard of that but its something to look into. Im not sure how the pslicybin or psliocin would get into the cake, w/ the OJ or Cranberry method its the acid i believe that is extracting the psilocin. - And you couldent post on that other because it was locked.

Edited by ixitwistedixi (10/03/05 02:56 PM)

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: ixitwistedixi]
    #4749812 - 10/03/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldnt eat it cause the rice would prob go bad just sitting out like that:shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4749873 - 10/03/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The minute amount that you could get from the cake doesn't really seem to be worth it. Why not just fruit it?! If you need to trip so bad that you are willing to eat a cake / extract from a cake, you are a sad individual. Just buy some for the time being if you are that desperate.

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4749966 - 10/03/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Why are people always so rude about this topic?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4750013 - 10/03/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

No one was being rude man. But i would not leave something like that in my fruiting chamber because it nutrients that are uncolonised, you might as well jsut put a whole other cake under neath it. I say that because leaving uncolonised nutrients is just asking for contams. And the point that you not really going to get much from it. By all means try and let us know how it works if you really want too man.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4750047 - 10/03/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"If you need to trip so bad that you are willing to eat a cake / extract from a cake, you are a sad individual" - That is rude, becuase i have done this and im not a sad individual

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4750054 - 10/03/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry didnt catch that one. But either way i stick by my advice. lol

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

#4750071 - 10/03/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I did read that you did it. I still stand by my point. I'd say one time for expirimentation purposes but I wouldn't go suggesting it to others.

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

#4750090 - 10/03/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Why not if they request the information why not relay it?

Edited by ixitwistedixi (10/03/05 03:52 PM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4750102 - 10/03/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What the fuck are you talking about. Cant say as i have ever tried eating mycellim. Where did you see this???

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

#4750113 - 10/03/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Its on earlier posts look on page 2

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4750132 - 10/03/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

But he was saying that I was doing this. If he was not directing the comment at me maybe he should stop being an ass and learn thow to use the fucking "reply to" system.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

#4750238 - 10/03/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

relax man, I just used the quick reply. I know you had not eaten cakes, my apologies for the confusion. Reading the posts in sequence would indicate who I was responding to.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4750776 - 10/03/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The previous thread on this was locked....as should this thread.

But I do agree 100%...."if you need to trip so bad that you are willing to eat a cake / extract from a cake, you are a sad individual".

People are "so rude" about this topic because it is completely stupid.

If you can't wait for a substrate to fruit, you shouldn't have anything to do with this hobby.

People that eat cakes etc are just people looking to get fucked up quickly and easily, and don't care about the hobby of mushroom cultivation.  People like that suck in general.  If you want a quick fix, roll a joint.  :gethigh:

THE END. :mypleasure: :shrug:  :scaryshroom:

Edited by srgtm1a (10/03/05 06:50 PM)

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4752927 - 10/04/05 03:05 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

So what about people who grow or buy sclerotia? That is basically just dense mycelium that the grower hasnt bothered to fruit...

One study listed in advanced shows that the dried myc of azures contains almost the same amount of actives as dried cubensis fruits.

Azure myc can grow at 20C so I would need no incubator at all. I could have large bags of it just colonising. I have reasoned that shaking grain bags will cause new growth over and over again. When you shake white grains they end up looking normal when the myc gets bunched up, then new myc grows on the now bare grains. If this is done over and over with strong azure myc it may give a decent dose. I would mix the grain with curry sauce to mask the taste.

Sure, fruiting is great and what mushroom cultivation is all about. But beginners may be put off by all the stuff needed for shroom growing, they may never have even tripped and want to see what it is like before spending lots, or spending time building contraptions and sourcing oddball stuff. Sclerotia is a great introduction to basic sterile technique. A beginner may grow it, like and then move up.
Most suggest beginners start here and work up:
PF cake
PF cake cased
Grains Cased
Grain spawned to bulk cased.

I think sclerotia should be first on the list.. Truely simple

Edited by blackout (10/04/05 03:06 AM)

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: blackout]
    #4753461 - 10/04/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I can see some of your points, but you can't really compare sclerotia to eating a pf cake.

But I do disagree that they eat cakes because they may be put off by Spending lots of money. For a very simple setup, the cost of supplies would be far less then the syringe itself.

Like you said, most beginners work their way up...over time they buy more supplies and get better, but to start with, not very much is needed at all. I don't think that is a valid reason for them to eat cakes. Just to get a colonized cake, they need some supplies.

I did read about the azures and their potency of the myc, but you can't tell me that a beginner knows anything about that, and that is what made them decide to eat a cake. Considering that almost all beginners start off with cubensis strains.

The only reason, at least reasons I have seen, that "beginners" eat cakes is out of sure laziness. Not backed up on mycelium potency research or anything of the like.

They eat the cakes because they are too lazy to wait for them to fruit. Which goes back to my whole point, People that do that, should not be cultivating in the first place. They waist valuable space for people on here that are actually interested in cultivation and ask valid questions.

These are also the same people that will usually ask dumb questions without doing any research on it, and get pissed off if they don't like the answer they get. Just plain lazy people.

I would agree with what you are saying if most people that did it were seasoned cultivators, and they backed up the reason for doing it, or testing it, by actual research like the azures experiment. That is not the case 99.99% of the time though. It is always new guys that don't want to wait for fruits and want to get fucked up fast by looking for shortcuts.

It is usually the cause of bad planning on their part.....IE "I have a party by the end of the month and I want shrooms, I just started my cakes at the biginning of the month, and the shrooms won't be ready.....just eat the cake?" That is a majority of what I see...bad planning, quick fix, laziness.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Eating mycelium 2 [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4753561 - 10/04/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

srgtm1a- I agree with everything you said there!
Eating a verm PF cake is just stupid. The first guy was talking about colonised rice cakes (those smelly health food things made only of rice, no verm).

A simple setup is cheap, but items can be hard to find. So the beginner has cakes colonising, cant find/afford perlite etc is too lazy and wants to eat them.

Eating week old verm cakes is plain stupid. Farming mycelium speicifially for harvesting actives is a feasible option, but needs more experimentation. I hate seeing stupid ideas (like the guy wanting to eat colonised horse shit!) as much as the straight off dismissal of possibly good ideas.

I am still very surprised that sclerotia growing is not more popular.

Edited by blackout (10/04/05 10:10 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck