Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Salvia: Standardized or Non Standardized?
    #4751369 - 10/03/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thinkin about orderin some salvia tomorrow. Anyone notice a big difference between these two types?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Salvia: Standardized or Non Standardized? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4751746 - 10/03/05 11:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

standardized means theres a constant quality to the leaf of 2.5mg salvinorin per gram- pm'd

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia: Standardized or Non Standardized? [Re: 3six5]
    #4753302 - 10/04/05 10:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

that is the standard, but not the meaning in practice.
in practice standardized means that pure salvinorin has been added back to leaf according to the MULTIPLY by 2.5mg/gm salvia formula (which you stated), while non-standardized is generally accepted as crude extract added back to leaf according to the same formula but never actually purified and hence not as clean a smoking mixture.

standardized product is lighter in color and flavor and a better idea for a purchase. it is more expensive to cover costs of extraction that is 3 times as laborious at least.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Salvia: Standardized or Non Standardized? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4757360 - 10/05/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Iamshaman's FAQ describes their salvia's difference thusly:
Standardized incense begins with washed, de-stemmed Prime Harvest leaf and pure salvinorin. 100 grams of leaf is measured out, a corresponding exact amount of salvinorin is measured and then infused onto the leaf. This way, you can be assured of consistency in the strength of the incense, whether you order it today or next year, and you can always be assured that is is the cleanest burning incense available. This process takes much more time to complete, and requires much more care as well, but the end result is well worth the extra time, effort, and expense. There is more crushed leaf per gram than NON-standardized because there are far fewer stems.

NON-Standardized simply takes 100 grams of leaf, extracts the salvinorin with the tannins/black waxes with it, and then infuses it onto 10 grams of leaf. There is no way to know the exact strength of the incense, there are the added waxes/tannins that other incense doesn't have, and it's infused onto Oaxacan leaf instead of Prime Harvest.

So to put it a little too bluntly, for their product anyhow:
Standardized salvia is like fine wine, and unstandardized is like a box of wine bought at a supermarket. The fine wine is of high quality and has been made with care, the box of wine is noticeably less expensive and will get you just as drunk

A crude analogy, but it works.

Standardized is probably somewhat easier to dose though.

I just ordered 3g of unstandardized 6x (not 5x) salvia extract from them for $20 including shipping. (That $5 flat fee makes you feel gouged on a tiny item like a vial of salvia extract!). I would have ordered 1g, but I figure with the shipping and the pricing I might as well order more at a time for economy of scale.

Hopefully I won't decide I don't want to do it after the first or second time ... but if I do I'm sure I can find a friend who wants it.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

Re: Salvia: Standardized or Non Standardized? [Re: 3six5]
    #4757625 - 10/05/05 06:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think IamShaman does it to 3.5mg

--------------------

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia: Standardized or Non Standardized? [Re: The14thWarrior]
    #4757647 - 10/05/05 06:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Get standerised for a cleaner product (more pure). Get non-standerised for less money but it's not as pure and produces more waxy pads occasionally making it harder to intake alot of salvia, which is usually needed. I would suggest getting 5x,10x,15x,20x and msoke each correctly at different times. If nothing happens then I say fuck salvia it's a waste of money just do it once for full effects (get a plant and try and grow it once they start it isnt really that hard to grow I got 6 friends here who grow them. IMHO botanical or small sage shops or any odd place that contains herbal books or things about marijuana most likely has 20x 5 grams 10$ behind the counter). Inless youlike "hping" for something that might never come. I had to try it 43 times of the same extract 15-16x then used 20x. Finally the 43rd time I had lost mind to a point where I was rolling all over my yard and getting my shirt dirty :frown:.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (10/05/05 06:41 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience