Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMentalMidget02
Stranger
Redefining Music
    #4750030 - 10/03/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ok.. with all the bullshit in the music industry these days its always nice when something original comes up. if you've heard Soulive you know what im talkin about, they are kind of a mix of jazz and hip hop though not so much hip hop.. Trippin or not, this is good music plain and simple. I just saw them on Saturday and the vibe they bring is unbelievable.. just listen, the music speaks for itself..

http://www.soulive.com/concord/site.php

somebody HAS to feel me on this one.. these guys are phenomenal musicians by anyones standards and if you dont like these guys.. well you probably wouldnt know good music if it walked up and slapped you haha jk

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Redefining Music [Re: MentalMidget02]
    #4750040 - 10/03/05 05:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

YEah man, Soulive is awesome shit.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMentalMidget02
Stranger
Re: Redefining Music [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4758742 - 10/05/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

fock yea.. man Im pissed though.. i had to leave their show early on Saturday and I just found out that Stevie Wonder came on and sang a few sets with them... !!! Now Stevie isnt number one in my CD collection but it woulda been a trip to see him for sure.

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Redefining Music [Re: MentalMidget02]
    #4759009 - 10/05/05 02:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

very cool man, they're good musicians. although they don't sound as innovative as you described, to me. but maybe i just didn't listen to enough of the songs or other songs. anyway, as i said, it's great music.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media