Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Who's Lucy?
    #4749205 - 10/03/05 02:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Alright, ever since trying mushrooms I've always said that I would EVENTUALY try LSD whenever I felt ready to do so. And lately after a lot of thinking and consideration, I think I may be ready to give it a try, and I feel pretty confident and comfortable about doing it. I've heard and read a lot about Lucy, but there's still a few things I'd like to know.

First off, I was told that LSD could only be stored for about a week, I did a forums search and was pretty surprised that I couldn't find any threads relating to this (I'm sure there's plenty on this forum... somewhere). How long can LSD be stored?

Secondly, during a discussion with a friend, he made a point that LSD has been found to raise IQ. Not hearing anything else to suggest or support this claim ANYWHERE I'm more or less just brushing it off as a myth, could anyone possibly fill me in on this a little more?

I've been doing some reading as well on LSD and was just wondering if any of the more informed members of this board could just read through this FAQ (you've all probably read it already anyways as I pulled it off Erowid) and correct an innacuracies, give their own input to anything, or just give some comments on this FAQ.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml

I consider erowid to be a pretty reliable source, but I'm not willing to readily believe everything they say without gathering other people's opinions/experiences, etc.

And lastly, with shrooms I always take half my dose, wait a bit, and then take the other half, I generaly find that this helps with a smoother come-up, and I also find it somewhat comforting to know that if things aren't going smoothly I can simply chose not to take the other half. Does this same redosing technique work with LSD? Or does LSD tolerance build up faster than that of shrooms, making redosing an hour or so into the trip pointless.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Who's Lucy? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4749221 - 10/03/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
First off, I was told that LSD could only be stored for about a week, I did a forums search and was pretty surprised that I couldn't find any threads relating to this (I'm sure there's plenty on this forum... somewhere). How long can LSD be stored?

I'm fairly sure it depends on the conditions it's stored in.

Quote:

Secondly, during a discussion with a friend, he made a point that LSD has been found to raise IQ. Not hearing anything else to suggest or support this claim ANYWHERE I'm more or less just brushing it off as a myth, could anyone possibly fill me in on this a little more?

I'm fairly sure this is a myth based on the fallacy of assuming correlation to mean causation. I think that psychedelics tend to attract a more intellectual crowd, but they won't make a previously dumb person into a genius. That is, I think you will find more intelligent people among psychedelic users than among the general population, but such people were probably intelligent before they started using psychedelics.

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Who's Lucy? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4750938 - 10/03/05 09:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
...And lastly, with shrooms I always take half my dose, wait a bit, and then take the other half, I generaly find that this helps with a smoother come-up, and I also find it somewhat comforting to know that if things aren't going smoothly I can simply chose not to take the other half...

Great idea :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Who's Lucy? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4750946 - 10/03/05 09:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:

Quote:

I'm fairly sure this is a myth based on the fallacy of assuming correlation to mean causation. I think that psychedelics tend to attract a more intellectual crowd, but they won't make a previously dumb person into a genius. That is, I think you will find more intelligent people among psychedelic users than among the general population, but such people were probably intelligent before they started using psychedelics.

Yeah were all pretty inteligent here at the shroomery of course theres always those exceptions you know who you are ;o)

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience