Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Mescaline tea preperations - Need help!
    #4744497 - 10/02/05 07:22 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Iam looking for the most effective way to prepare cactus while preserving as much of the potency as possible. I was going to try and extract the alkaloids but I have heard that this can leads to a significant loss of potency. This is the method Iam planning to use:

1)Blend the cactus, leaving behind the white core

2)Add water to a soup consistency (distilled if possible)

3)Boil for 1 hour with 3g or Citric acid per litre of water

4)Strain liquid and place the solids back in the pot. Then repeat from step 2 more times.

There are a few things I need to know before I start this though

1) Why is citric acid added to the tea? Does it leach the alkaloids out as I suspect, and whatever the reason could too much citric acid destroy the mescaline

2) Should I boil on full or just simmer

3) In the Xylene extraction method instructions found at http://designer-drugs.com/pte/12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/mescaline.extraction.html it says that when adding citric acid you will only need to boil for 20 mins per extraction, this seems a little too short to me as some teks recommend 3-4 hours, why is this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Mescaline tea preperations - Need help! [Re: cubeladd]
    #4744527 - 10/02/05 07:40 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

1) Why is citric acid added to the tea? Does it leach the alkaloids out as I suspect, and whatever the reason could too much citric acid destroy the mescaline

Mescaline in the cactus is in freebase form,that means that its the pure ALKALOID which is of BASIC pH.This alkaloid does not readily dissolve in water. By adding a n ACID such as citric a "neutralisation" reaction takes place (hey,dont let the name scare you) which converts the BASE to is SALT,which is this case is gonna be MESCALINE CITRATE. Why al this hasle? Because the SALTS are READILY DISSOLVABLE in  water. So in sort,yes it will leech out more of the stuff you are after.

I think that by explaining the theory behind this to you ,you gain a better perspective on what you are doing.

"If i teach you how to do it,a recipe, the best you can be is a Cook. If i teach you the theory behind it,you can improvise and improve"

Also ,before blending freeze and thaw the cactus at least two times...This will help to break down cell walls and get the best out of your cactus.

Start with simmering :laugh: Turn into a boil. Be sure not to burn it. By the way,the taste is gonna be a bit on the acidic side,you could always evaporate the resulting juice and turn it into a good in the pyrex dish.

EDIT: Mescaline is an extremely RESISTANT substance. No, you wont destroy it with that amount of citric acid.

Edited by Psiloman (10/02/05 07:41 AM)

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Mescaline tea preperations - Need help! [Re: Psiloman]
    #4744550 - 10/02/05 07:57 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:

Mescaline in the cactus is in freebase form,that means that its the pure ALKALOID which is of BASIC pH.This alkaloid does not readily dissolve in water. By adding a n ACID such as citric a "neutralisation" reaction takes place (hey,dont let the name scare you) which converts the BASE to is SALT,which is this case is gonna be MESCALINE CITRATE. Why al this hasle? Because the SALTS are READILY DISSOLVABLE in  water. So in sort,yes it will leech out more of the stuff you are after.

I think that by explaining the theory behind this to you ,you gain a better perspective on what you are doing.

"If i teach you how to do it,a recipe, the best you can be is a Cook. If i teach you the theory behind it,you can improvise and improve"

Also ,before blending freeze and thaw the cactus at least two times...This will help to break down cell walls and get the best out of your cactus.

Start with simmering :laugh: Turn into a boil. Be sure not to burn it. By the way,the taste is gonna be a bit on the acidic side,you could always evaporate the resulting juice and turn it into a good in the pyrex dish.

EDIT: Mescaline is an extremely RESISTANT substance. No, you wont destroy it with that amount of citric acid.

Thanks for your advice Psiloman, it was helpful. What do you mean by evaporating the juice and turning it into a good in a pryrex dish?

This comment has got me thinking though, if I were to evaporate the juice in theory I should end up with the alkaloid salts like you would get after the various full extraction methods that are on the Internet, the only difference would be the addition of water solubles and maybe some excess citric acid in that mixture would I be right? In which case I would guess it would form some sort of murky green/brown residue or a tar.

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Edited by cubeladd (10/02/05 07:59 AM)

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4744561 - 10/02/05 08:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I mean,pouring the final ,concentrated,liquid (that you have filtered from the solids) on a pyrex dish and subjecting it to low heat.The increased surface wll lead to quicked evaporation and one could scrape the residue.

Yes,it would leave you with a tar like substance,which will be certainly of lower volume than the liquid.This ,hypothetically,can be rolled into balls and do whatever one wants to do with it. By no chance is it going to be "pure alkaloid salts" as you said but a variety of compounds including the salts.Thats why some people choose to go with an acid/base extraction ,in order to yield the pure alkaloidal fraction.

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Mescaline tea preperations - Need help! [Re: Psiloman]
    #4744581 - 10/02/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Pisloman.

If anyone had any pictures of cactus tar I'd be interested to see them. I can't seem to find much on google.

--------------------
-Marge Simpson

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4744587 - 10/02/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I gont have any although i believe they would be much usefull..What you would see would be a black tarrish thing,imagine like putty like something like clay or of that consistency. More or less from this kind of extractions all tars look the same

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4747203 - 10/02/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have some in my freezer. If I don't give it to my friend before I get the chance to photograph it, I'll hook you up with a picture.

For the record, you don't want to have to drink a cactus tea or a cactus slime. I consider my stomach to be pretty resilient, but a san pedro extract tastes essentially like effluent (raw sewage).

If you can, get it down to this tar and either:
A- Wad it up into a ball, coat with something to mask the flavor released, and take it like a pill with a strongly flavored beverage
B- if it's not solid enough to wad it up by hand, stick it in the freezer on something like tin foil, and break it apart like peanut brittle. Then take this substance like pills.

This is a bit more hassle. But it goes a long way towards you not puking before you've even taken all the extract.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4748281 - 10/03/05 05:22 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cubeladd said:
I was going to try and extract the alkaloids but I have heard that this can leads to a significant loss of potency.

You heard wrong. Mescaline is a very stable molecule. If you don't get all of the alkaloids when doing an extraction, it's because you didn't do it right, or didn't finish all of the steps.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

Re: Mescaline tea preperations - Need help! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4748284 - 10/03/05 05:26 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

An acid/base extraction works wonderfully for mescaline.  www.thenook.com (or www.thenook.org), go to their archives and read their mescaline extraction techniques.  Loads of fun :smile:

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Mescaline tea preperations - Need help! [Re: The14thWarrior]
    #5928576 - 08/03/06 01:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

where do you get citric acid powder?

--------------------

Offlinefatalerror
ass asscott
Female User Gallery

Re: Mescaline tea preperations - Need help! [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #5929619 - 08/03/06 07:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Vitamin C's my friend.

--------------------
eat poop

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale