Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleshroomr4life
pretty mush mush
    #4747413 - 10/03/05 12:58 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

check this out fellow peeps of bellingham. the rain came... so i went... outside that is and check out what i came across.. I think the organge cap with the whtie dots has gotta be part of the amanita species. but anyway, a lil description. the orange cappers were found out in the woods, by some maple trees i believe and leaves of all sorts. they were huge, sorry i didnt get my hand in or a lighter for comparison but they are big. white gills, sorry couldnt get the flash off... had a sort of sticky gew that came off when i was going for a gill shot.

as for the lbm's. they were found in the same spot no more than 15 feet away. almost thought they were cubs from a distance. however no blueing or anything. if anyone who really knows their fungus would wanna give me some input on what these might be, please do tell. i would love to know just for the sake of knowing.

thanx again and cant wait till i find some cyans. thats the goal for this year. peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: pretty mush mush [Re: shroomr4life]
    #4754836 - 10/04/05 04:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

so.. no remarks? these were my first finds of the year. ill try better next time. ;-)

OfflineBabaOreilly
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: under the sea
    #4754879 - 10/04/05 04:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

im pretty sure you have some amanita muscarias there but a spore print would confirm (should be white i believe). the second ones dont look active cause the gills look kindof pink. first, wait for another id on the muscaria, then look at erowid's amanita muscaria vault before you decide wether to consume.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4755031 - 10/04/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The first ones are Amanitas, and the second ones Cortinarius.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: pretty mush mush [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4755093 - 10/04/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

awesome, wasnt even considering eatin em( the lbm's). just like the beauty of em. thanx for the help in id'n them. take care and have a good one. peace

Invisibleshroomr4life
    #4755569 - 10/04/05 08:27 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

mmmk, so i went out again today and not even looking for any real hard i find this lil guy. any tips or hints on what it is would be appriecated. he was found in a grassfield right by my apartment. people walk on this patch of grass ALOT! surprized anything even grows there but there are a few patches of these guys. anyway, thanx for who can help out. Best of luck and peace

Invisibleshroomr4life
    #4755577 - 10/04/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

takin a print right now and ill post that too. sorry. bump

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4757440 - 10/05/05 03:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

paxillis something? I think... wait for eris or toxic to ID that one im all confuzzled.

Edited by ShroomieOfDoomie (10/05/05 03:48 AM)

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: pretty mush mush [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4758528 - 10/05/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

alright, thanx, hopefully they'll head this direction and gimme some input. thanx again, peace

Invisibleshroomr4life
    #4763661 - 10/06/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

alright, heres the print of that guy, it was real orangeish and THICK! like goowey thick. milllions of spores, cant wait to find a nice outdoor cyan. anyway, hope someone will be able to help out with id'n this little lbm. more have come up since i found this one.

have a good one, peace

Invisibleshroomr4life
    #4765396 - 10/06/05 08:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

mmk, i went out again today and here's what i brought back. twas the same general area by the way. peace

any one who is willing and able that would like to help me ID these guys would be awesome. i got some more comin but the upload limit is keepin me... anyway, thanx and everyone have a good one. peace

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4765429 - 10/06/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinkin' Galerina tibicystis *for the second post

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (10/06/05 08:34 PM)

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: pretty mush mush [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4765715 - 10/06/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well the first one is definitely amanita muscaria. i've heard lots about them, but differing things about how to eat them. some say they have to be roasted, or dried and boiled into tea.

some say the orange A. muscaria aren't active, but i dont really see how that could be.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4766670 - 10/07/05 12:44 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

shroomr4life, it's OK (even preferable) that you start a new thread for each of these groups of finds. You'll get more responses that way, because new threads are looked at more than old ones. Also, look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum and try to give more complete descriptions. We don't ask for that information because we want to be bastards - it's because that's the exact sort of info we need to make an accurate ID.

The first new LBM (with the spore print) suggests Cortinarius to me, although no cortina is visible in the photos. Certainly that spore print color points me toward Cortinarius even before I see the mushroom. LouiseLouise suggests a Galerina species, and the spore print color would also agree with that genus. Almost all Galerinas I find are either on wood or in moss, so I don't tend to go with that genus for lawn mushrooms. Of course, there are lawn Galerinas, they just don't occur in my area.

On the last three, you'll need to show us the undersides and spore prints to have any realistic chance at a correct ID. The first one looks like it has pinkish gills, so I'd probably start with something near Entoloma. Without spore prints I won't even try on the others.

starseed1066, I didn't try saying that the Amanitas were A. muscaria because there really isn't enough information to be sure. One of the main features we need to see to confirm an ID there is the volva, and none of those are visible in these photos. There are some other Amanita species with caps that can be that color, and the types and levels of toxins in those species are pretty much unresearched.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: pretty mush mush [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4767133 - 10/07/05 02:37 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

damn, thank u toxic, tis some stuff i wanted to hear. u obviously know ur stuff. I'll try increase my description skills with the mushrooms, and thanx for the advice about makin new threads. I've got plenty more pics i couldnt upload yet cause of the limit but i'm more just posting for the pleasure of the picture. i think i know what im lookin for active wise, but thought people would like the pics. anyway, thanx again for your advise and tips on what these little guyz might be. have a good one, peace. best of luck hunting

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification