Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFoley
No added sugar.
 User Gallery

The font size of the forum
    #4746301 - 10/02/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Is it possible to change the font size on the forum? It is small and I have to strain my eyes to see it. :confused:

--------------------
Foley

There were hard times ahead for the people of planet Ventura,
Staring into the networks of space and time,
Their eyes were open,
But still, they were blind,
I wandered through the weird and lurid landscape of another planet

- Pendulum, Another Planet

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: The font size of the forum [Re: Foley]
    #4746341 - 10/02/05 08:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sure is... Click on "my home" at the top of the page.

Select "Display Preferences" and change the skin to one marked "large fonts". If this doesn't help you, adjust the font size of your browser. (if you are using internet explorer, click on view at the top of your browser, go to text size, and change that to 'large' or 'largest'". Hope this helps.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: The font size of the forum [Re: deficitism]
    #4746356 - 10/02/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Theres a screenshot of the IE text size.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
    #4746519 - 10/02/05 09:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The IE text size option doesn't always work in my experience and is also very limited. Besides that, IE is a severe security risk to the data on your system and you should not use it.

Go to http://www.getfirefox.com/ and download Mozilla Firefox. It's a much nicer browser, more user-friendly and way more secure.

In Firefox you can set a minimum font size, thus ensuring that no site will ever show text in a smaller font than what you specify, and solving the problem once and for all. In Firefox, go "Edit" -> "Preferences" -> "General" -> "Fonts & Colors...", and then change the "Minimum Font Size" value to your preference.

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: The font size of the forum [Re: TurricaN]
    #4746582 - 10/02/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I use both. Believe it or not IE is a more stable browser... MS made it, nuff said. If you keep updated with your SPs and patches you are fine. Firefox is less often used by surfers rendering it less prone to malicious scripts targeted towards IE users.

If you are a heavy surfer and don't know much about protecting yourself from junkware, then use firefox. I personally use it as my surf browser...

You are right about the IE text size. It does not get everything. Definitely change the skin. Or you go into your windows display properties and adjust it that way.

--------------------

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #4746623 - 10/02/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deficitism said:
I use both. Believe it or not IE is a more stable browser... MS made it, nuff said.

That's the biggest pile of bollocks I've read in a long time. :smile:

Almost all software that Microsoft makes is sub-standard, especially when compared to open source / free alternatives.

And the reason that Firefox is more secure is because it is more well-designed, better tested and contains far less hackish code that Microsoft bolt on in a hurry to lock people into using their own technologies (e.g. Active-X).

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4746664 - 10/02/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Prove it.

--------------------

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #4746712 - 10/02/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Firefox is free. It only takes a quick download from anyone willing to see for themselves.

BTW, I run an entirely open source system. It's worlds apart from Microsoft's sub-standard Windows Operating System, and the general standard stands throughout all of their software. I wrote an article about this at my website. It's hard for you to see the flaws in Microsoft software unless you have some basis for comparison.

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4746721 - 10/02/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Okay. I want you to demonstrate how IE, fully updated, is less secure than firefox. Send me a link full of spyware. Try me. I am a systems integration engineer, its my job to make sure 5000 computers are safe from junk.

--------------------

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4746744 - 10/02/05 10:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Disregard everything I have said. This is the shroomery. I am definitely not trying to argue about something like this! Lets conclude and close this thread that firefox and ie (updated) are both great browsers. Its user preference and maintenance. I agree that people should download firefox and decide for themselves. I'm stuck between the two.

End of discussion.

PS. Great article on your site!!! Very informative yet cut-to-the-chase! 5 shrooms for you =)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience