Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSalemz_Lot
Stranger
Question for first timer!
    #4746063 - 10/02/05 07:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hello,
i am about to order a kit and some spores from this site www.thesporeworks.com....they are local but they will not answer any questions reguarding illegal spores...i need to know what are the best spores www.thesporeworks.com seems to be offering and what would be the best grow kit they have.

im looking for a super easy to grow strain, with a nice kick, and short grow time!

thanks so much for your time...please get back to me im placing my order to night!

thanks again

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Question for first timer! [Re: Salemz_Lot]
    #4746322 - 10/02/05 08:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

dont buy a kit.. just go to wal-mart and buy yourself all the stuff and itll end up saving you some $$ and you wont have to wait for it to get there. and ive always used ralphster for spores and have had nothing but great service/results with his spores.

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinesuperbob57
The Hobbit from the Shire
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #4746453 - 10/02/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hey hey i agree buy all the stuff you can @ walmart.
buy only the jars and spores onlin should run you $65.00 for all that stuff 12jars and 2 syringes...you wanna know where PM me...lol
the Hobbit Hole...

--------------------
If I run full blast, I'll never get tired and If I slow down I get stuck, so I opened my mind and let the wild things in and there not going away but getting stronger, day by day, I will find the source of all things it's only a matter of time and I will be one with the universe once again my friends...I will never find the end but the start of a new begining...-J.R.S.A Man Of Experiences:lsdabc:...IV:syringe: 4-aco-DMT "Where Fools Rush In, and Angels Fear To Tread..." NN-DMT Pure Magic Wizard Dust!:wizard:
A Must watch for All Psychonauts! Alex Grey with Tipper!Art Work by Shawn
http://www.redbubble.com/people/khaotehk/portfolio
https://youtu.be/C1_YHJDRgqE
:chesire:

OfflineSalemz_Lot
Stranger
Re: Question for first timer! [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4746459 - 10/02/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yea i was reading up and i saw kits suck! im going to look into PF-tek...ive seen so many differant oppinions and ideas im not sure what would be the best for me... i just need the fastest, easiest and most inexpensive method of growing them, but im not sure what the best strain and growing method is?

i my self have tried golden teachers and B+ strain and found both to be very good... so i guess i would like to try and grow some of them.

but please give me any advice or links that i could find useful!
thanks so much for your time and your reply!

p.s.-could some one make me a simple grocery list of things i should pick up at wal mart...ill print it and go pick the stuff up in the morrning! thanks

Edited by Salemz_Lot (10/02/05 09:15 PM)

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4746495 - 10/02/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ive done the pf cakes the first couple times and hated every min of it.. all the mesuring, mixing.. im sure if i would of stuck with that method i would of gotten faster at it, or i could just be a retard and making it alot harder than it was.. but you cant beat grain.. give it a couple quick rinses, soak, boil, PC and your done.. about a total of like 10 min actual work.

ya if i were you i would go to wal-mart and buy up:
3 nice sized totes (depending on size 10-40$)
1 submersible fishtank heater, like 10-20 gallon (15$)
1 thermomitor (.99$)
a pack of poly-fill (like a dollar)
4 lb bag of WBS (.94$) and will do about 24 pint jars
1 case (12) of wide mouth pint jars (10-12$)
and the bigest PC they have (like 40$ if i remember corectly..)
1 bag of vermiculite, wal-mart might not have it, but around 4$

set up a TiT with 2 of the tubs and the heater for your incubator and use the 3rd tub and make it into a single tub setup for your fruiting chamber.

but thats just :2cents: .. if i would of known then what i know now.. thats how i would of gone..

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4746502 - 10/02/05 09:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

oh forgot about the strain.. ive only grown out 3 strains so far, and theyve all been just about the same as in difficalty. but i have gotten the best yeild out of the "allen" strain from ralphsters.. they just have a good mass to water ratio, and are pertty good on the visual side.

--------------------

OfflineSalemz_Lot
Stranger
    #4746607 - 10/02/05 09:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks so much man wow!! you guys are awsome here!!

how long did yours take first few times...ive seen some advertised that will grow in one week and be ready to harvest...truth or BS?

im checking out ralphsters site now...what is better spore print or syringe? how many gs dried will one syringe or spore print produce?

thanks again!! :laugh: :thumbup:

Edited by Salemz_Lot (10/02/05 10:05 PM)

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4746672 - 10/02/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

make sure you get ralphsters site, if you misspell it it will take you to the wrong site.. something like "the sporebank" or somethign like that..

if you buy syringes they are ready to go as is.. if you buy print.. if its a decent size print you could make a few syringes out of 1 print, but you have to worry about the spores getting contamed while making the syringes ect.. ect.. i would just go with syringes to stat out with.. if you go with ralph, dont forget to check in the the spore of the month.
well i have some WBS jars knocked up and i just checked them its been 4 days and theres patches of mycilum forming, and that was from a spore syringe.. figure about 1-2 weeks for your jars to colonize. and depending on if your doing cakes or grain in about another 2 weeks you should be picking.. thats just a rough timeline from the grows ive done. but if you make up some LC (liquid culture) jars that will grately reduce the amount of time it takes for your jars to colonize, and 1 cc of spore solution in a LC can turn out to be a ass load of syringes.

--------------------

OfflineBrian13
DrummerB

Loc: ohio
    #4746677 - 10/02/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm on my first grow now and it's taken me about 2 1/2 weeks to colonize.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Question for first timer! [Re: Brian13]
    #4746687 - 10/02/05 10:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

whats your temp in your incubator? and what you using.. brf, grian..??

--------------------

OfflineSalemz_Lot
Stranger
    #4746731 - 10/02/05 10:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sweet thanks a lot you a real nice guy i really appriciate it!
you and the other first time grower like my self need to keep in touch my email is salemzlot@hotmail.com...

im at this site http://www.ralphstersspores.com/index_files/Page398.html

is that the right one? im thinking about getting one allen strain syringe and maybe a golden teacher or B+ strain...im gonna do some reading on both to help me decide...ive taken about 3 or 4 grams of goldem teacher before and had a real laid back mellow trip.... then some B+ strain came along and i took about 5 or 6 grams...and my god!

ive done a lot of LSD in my 25 years on this planet but this was something totaly differant! WOW! went to feeling good to a bad bad trip in seconds! felt like the butterfly feeling in my belly and it kep moving back and forth between my chest to my belly button!
killer visuals of metalic rainbow water and all kinds of crazyness!

still not sure if it was a good thing or bad thing lol!!

thanks again for the posts keep um comming!

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4746822 - 10/02/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hey np, im glad to help.. ya thats the right site.. ive gotten my shippments from him within 5 days (i live in the states), even when he sent me out some free syringes they were here within 5 days!! go check out the sponcer forum and see what his strain of the month is, i belive its F+.

--------------------

OfflineSalemz_Lot
Stranger
    #4748204 - 10/03/05 05:37 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ive read about all i can and i am pretty sure ive got the basics down!!
i was woundering...while constructing a terrarium could i use a nebulizer in place of a humidifier? i have one around here some where?
and what is the best way to keep an eye of the exact humidity in the terrarium? and how many times a day for how may days should i use the humidifier/nebulizer?
thanks so much im getting ready to order today!

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4748372 - 10/03/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

humm.. not sure about the nebulizer but you can use wet perlite or get some hydrotron rocks (clay rocks used in hydroponics)and put some air stones under them and put water in and spry the sided of your terrarium, those are some easy ways for humidity. 
for a humidity gage i whent to wal-mart and bough one of there 15$ digital temp/humidity gages, but to use the humidity gage in your terarrum youll have to do a lil modification, heres a link to a tec about it http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26927 . you want to keep the humidity up 24/7 so you will need to use your humidifier as much as needed to keep your humidity about 90%.  if your gonna be using a humidifyer you might want to pick up a good timer, on that you can set it down to like 15 min intervalls, but im not sure.. i dont use the humidifyer..
keep us posted, gl!! :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation