Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehohum
Sweet Music
 User Gallery

New here....1st time....be gentle
    #4745906 - 10/02/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Last night I set off on my maiden voyage. Twelve 1/2 pint jars of B+ with the hopes of casing them into three containers. I have never done this before. I am following the pff tek but was struck at how dry the BR flour and Verm mixture seemed to be. and how much was leftover after loading up the jars. Followed the instructions at any rate.

So question: the jars are sitting in 78? under a dish towel to keep the light off of them. I have read where they might prefer ~85? for mycelial growth. I am assuming that this is only going to result in slower colonization.

I will continue to update as the weeks progress and would be glad for whatever help I might need as I try this out.

Thanks,
hohum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

Re: New here....1st time....be gentle [Re: hohum]
    #4745919 - 10/02/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey. Welcome to the shroomery!

You'll find all the help youd ever need, for anything grow or life related here on these boards.

Good luck with your first grow.

It might seem a bit confusing at first but once you get it, you got it for good.

--------------------

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: New here....1st time....be gentle [Re: swiftrance]
    #4745931 - 10/02/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery BIOTCH!
yes the myc prefers 80-85 degree tempature for faster colonization.
with 74 or fluent change in temp, you may just have longer time to colonize.

B+ is a good strain, they colonize pretty quick and grow biggie :wink:.

The BRF and Verm should be slighty dry, and yes there is always left over substrate.

However if i were you, i would crow cakes and just work with them first, IMO it gives you SO much expierence and you can better have a better flush with the casing!

good luck and keep us updated!!

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate