Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDeviate
high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon
    #4745483 - 10/02/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ive noticed a strange phenomenon that seems to occur sometimes when i am on large doses of marijuana. what happens is i will notice music playing in the back of my head, not music ive ever heard before but strange otherworldy sounding songs which are often very beautiful and meaningful and quite unlike any music ive ever heard. for instance i can't even determine what instrument could make a sound like what i hear. if i allow my mind to relax it will write an entire song for me but if i try to play an active roll in creating the music it generally just repeats itself. i can almost never remember them when i come down and since i don't know anytthing about writing music i don't know how to get the music out of my mind into the world although a friend suggested i try to hum the tunes and record myself humming them. i'd really love to make an album of this music and i actually think it would have a chance of becomming a commercial success (the songs are quite good in my opinion, absolutely amazing actually and very high in complexity). anyway im wondering what the hell is going on here, where is this music comming from? i have absolutely no ability to write music when i'm sober or even when im high , this music just comes to me, i don't write it. has anyone else experienced anything like this? its very weird.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: Deviate]
    #4745508 - 10/02/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

*whoa*

sounds cool...
i also get music but i can never consentrate enough to actualy listen to it as a coherent thing it's just sounds of feelings... that's the best i can describe it...

my suggestion is learn how to play the didgeridoo and you'll be able to get it out with no effort... it just happnes (especialy if you're really stoned)

good luck!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
    #4745599 - 10/02/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I know what yer saying, man. As a drummer and pseudo-guitarist I'm constantly thinking about music, and on the rare occasion that I smoke marijuana, I'm rendered infantile due to the overwhelming music I hear (not in the back of my mind, but everywhere). I grew up loving marijuana and talked with my brothers about marijuana's potential as the most intensive musical substance. Marijuana is synonomous with music in my mind.

I think of ancient philosophers (anaxagoras?) who said man-made things (and god-made things, like oak trees (oh wait, that's Plato. Before him, trust me)) do an injustice to perfect being. I like to believe that perfect being exists in our awareness (mind) and is intensified by marijuana.

Cool!

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

maybe related issue of hearing magic music [Re: Deviate]
    #4745701 - 10/02/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

as a little kid I used to follow music around the house, especially on days home sick from school.
this was between ages 4 to 12 (after which it tapered off somewhat) and it occurred in 2 different houses at least - and I seem to remember it in some auntie's houses too and probably in the hospital.

it probably was before that age too since I seem to remember that it was always familiar.

it was softly orchestrted beautiful music, and I could never find it's physical source, though it was fun to search around cocking my head to find the strongest sounding position.

somehow it seemed to be a personal private joke as well, as I knew others were not hearing it, which is a bit odd for a little kid.

- not sure if it is related, but my parents used to give us 222's when sick - it was a type of codeine based aspirin that I believe was sold over the counter in cigar stores.

Also I do remember that they were treating me for a hearing ailment as well. (I remember tubes up my nose etc. and beeping machines)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineFoley
No added sugar.
 User Gallery

Re: maybe related issue of hearing magic music [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4746064 - 10/02/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

When I eat large amounts I lose control of my neck and my head lops backward and when I close my eyes I can see the silhouettes of two objects being emphasized by a moonlit lake.

--------------------
Foley

There were hard times ahead for the people of planet Ventura,
Staring into the networks of space and time,
Their eyes were open,
But still, they were blind,
I wandered through the weird and lurid landscape of another planet

- Pendulum, Another Planet

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Re: maybe related issue of hearing magic music [Re: Foley]
    #4746272 - 10/02/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What are the objects?

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: maybe related issue of hearing magic music [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4748640 - 10/03/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

his pupils

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: maybe related issue of hearing magic music [Re: Ego Death]
    #4748980 - 10/03/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

may i suggest the MIDI kazoo?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4749123 - 10/03/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

find a way to express what you hear, if its a techno program, humming, or whatever you must do. Record it, and see what you can do with it. If you record, post it on the shroomery. :thumbup:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #4749264 - 10/03/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
has anyone else experienced anything like this? its very weird.

all the time, but not from smoking.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4750015 - 10/03/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i know what you are talking about man. from what you've described, deviate, ive experienced pretty much exactly the same thing. i first noticed it once when i was in the shower and had left some music playing on my computer with the bass really kicking. in the shower, the highs were inaudible, but the bass was doing amazing things, and definitely wasn't the same bass line that i would have heard if i was sober. and as you described, my mind started making up the music to go with it. it was quite interesting stuff. very trippy.

after that experience, i knew to look for that effect in the future, and have experienced it many times since. i kind of have to find a place with some low volume white noise, and it just kicks in.

the amazing part is when you get to this level of stonedness and youre on mushrooms. very cool stuff.

-nonick

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4750041 - 10/03/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

In that case you should smoke and see where it gets you. Unless you're a damn schizophrenic.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4750767 - 10/03/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

wow that kazoo thing sounds interesting!
i'm gonna get me one of those sometime in the future!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: Simisu]
    #4751612 - 10/03/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I know what you are talking about.  I teach guitar and play professionally, and use that to write songs.  I usually just wait for that to start, then get it out on guitar.  Also great when stuck in a song.  Just stop playing when you get to the end of what you have, and istead of thinking about it, just shut up and listen.  Wherever your ear goes is the next natural point for the song.  Get that out, and let it flow.  I play very jam based instrumentals, so usually the music just flows.  Improv kicks ass whilst inebriated. 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4751682 - 10/03/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

yeah dude you can get that kind of phenonmenon in the hypnagogic state right before sleep.

when i was REAL NEW to weed i actually wrote my own song in my head.... it was the most complicated mental activity i've probably ever done... i zoned out, heard some hallucinations, made up a guitar part with my mind, had my mind memorize it so the guitar part would play on loop then added in a phat drum beat or something of the sorts.

of course i came down from the high not really remembering the song, and... well.. i haven't done this ever again since then lol...

but yes weed is an amazing gift to the right kind of musician the with the right kind of mental capacity with the right kind of dedication not to use the drug so much that it stops being a trippy mind expanding drug.

(when i say i made the song i mean it was playing as an audible hallucination and i interacted with it, but it required focus and trickery to keep it going)

it's really best to try to cultivate this as much as you can sober, though... because you know how memory and marijuana and good ideas go to together, and you don't want a dependency.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (10/03/05 09:37 PM)

OfflineDrCubensis
Male

Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: leery11]
    #4769890 - 10/07/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hi. One time with a light dosage of shrooms, beer and hash joints when I went to the bed I was hearing some kind of melody in my head, that was incredible. It sounded like a drum rythm but more complex.

I agree that pot (and drugs in general, some more than others) is great to compose music. I play guitar and the only way I can compose something is being stoned.

--------------------

"Ever tried. Ever failed. Never mind. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett.

Edited by DrCubensis (10/07/05 05:14 PM)

OfflinePingasa
Stranger
Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: DrCubensis]
    #4770759 - 10/07/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

last time when i was on a good dose of dxm and weed i started humming out of nowhere this song ive never even heard before. I never ever hum either it was pretty strange just busting out humming some crazy song while feeling like i was sinking into my bed.

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: Pingasa]
    #4771069 - 10/07/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

my friend, i will answer your question, but i think it is not meant for others

pm me

and this is something amazing to be reveared by you, i have a similar thing occur

just pm me with a quote of your first post on this thread

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: high doeses of marijuana and a strange phenomenon [Re: TheGus]
    #4893384 - 11/04/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke too much pot for that to happen but I drank a half pound of weed butter and I had my buddies reggae music that i dont even listen to play through my head for like 2 hours... damn that was rough.. both the trip and drinking the butter...

P.S we sifted about a pound of shake and put about an ounce of 25/75 crystal/shake mixture into the butter..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates