Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The REAL fixing S&P thread - Part 2: Discipline
    #4745049 - 10/02/05 01:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

All disciplinary action should be documented and publicy viewable by all members.

JoeBlow was warned on 5/11/06 for writing, "Up yours!" (url link)

JoeBlow was warned again on 5/12/06 for writing, "Kiss my ass!" (url link)

JoeBlow was banned for two weeks starting 5/14/06, for writing, "You are such a jerk!" (url link) on 5/13/06.

Actions that require discipline should be as clearly and objectively defined as possible and the offending posts should judged on their own merits; not a carry-forward of opinion and bias towards the poster.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The REAL fixing S&P thread - Part 2: Discipline [Re: Swami]
    #4745081 - 10/02/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
All disciplinary action should be documented and publicy viewable by all members.

I also like the idea of public executions and witch hunts

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #4745239 - 10/02/05 02:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

JoeBlow was warned on 5/11/06 for writing, "Up yours!" (url link)

JoeBlow was warned again on 5/12/06 for writing, "Kiss my ass!" (url link)

JoeBlow was banned for two weeks starting 5/14/06, for writing, "You are such a jerk!" (url link) on 5/13/06.

Swami, Swami.  Surely you must have heard the expression "Timing is Everything". 

Just a hunch, but I suspect now isn't the greatest time for you to be trying to influence rules and regulations and the content of S&P. 

I don't claim to be a psychic in this matter.  :shocked:

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The REAL fixing S&P thread - Part 2: Discipline [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4745254 - 10/02/05 02:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Just a hunch, but I suspect now isn't the greatest time for you to be trying to influence rules and regulations and the content of S&P.

I was bitched at for not adding anything constructive. And when I add what I feel are constructive comments based on my history of running large departments smoothly and efficiently, I am once again doing wrong.
:frown:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4745294 - 10/02/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think it would be better for all of us if you just laid low until your ban expires. Maybe make some suggestions when you're not the center of all this drama.

--------------------

OnlinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4745785 - 10/02/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

From a PM composed to Icelander last week on a very similar subject:
Quote:

Publicizing all bans (in some cases) is exactly what the banned party is aiming for. This is with particular note towards the Off-Topic Discussion forum of the last few years - as puppets would gain a sort of notoriety by getting themselves banned. By giving them no claim to fame and quietly removing their accounts, it helps in reducing their incentive to continue such childish behavior.

Granted, there are quite a few other cases that aren't this simple. But we still keep bans behind closed doors for a couple other reasons. The biggest one being that moderators and admins can be wrong or mistaken, and rather than involve the entire population of this website in our decisions (which would ultimately lead in the staff having to deal with a whole helluva lot more dissention when questionable bans are made), we opt to let the banned users themselves (and only themselves) contest their ban through email or the use of our support-ticket system. In this way, we get to hear directly from the horse's mouth why they believe their ban may have been in error, and then the administrators can review the moderator's action in the given situation, and take subsequent action as deemed necessary, without the convoluted and emotionally charged responses of the membership.

Sure unecessary bans may get noticed quicker if they were all made public, but at the expense of the considerable time necessary to review all the public comments on the matter and try to figure which ones are objective and which ones are just jumpin' on a bandwagon. So our system as it stands can indeed lead to more subjectivity, however the tradeoff is one that allows us to concentrate on the development of the website and its features, rather than politics. Afterall that is why the admins and mods are here, to handle this delegated responsibility. If this were a true democracy, the administration of the website would be incredibly inefficient.

In closing, often enough if a user has transgressed against the forum guidelines in an already active thread full of participation from the membership, the moderator will leave a message in the edited post explaining why the action was taken. If the thread is new or there wasn't much going on, it will often be disposed of as not to clutter the given forum. For other circumstances, see the above quote.

As I stated in Cervantes scat-free discussion about S&P thread, we will be implementing a private logging system that will detail all diciplinary action and associated comments regarding every user on this message board. For most, this file will remain empty; but for those who do break our guidelines, we will have a detailed record to refer to, in efforts to ensure that subsequent diciplinary action is implemented as objectively as possible. This system will become available as time permits, however the tech team is aware of its need and it should be active fairly soon.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OnlinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4745788 - 10/02/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Redundant.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback