Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrum1boy
Stranger
A quick sterilization/inoculation question
    #4744865 - 10/02/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Last night I PC'd 5 1/2 pint PF jars, and this morning i injected their spore solution. THe only thing is, I'm a little worried that water somehow bubbled under my tin foil and into the 4 holes on the top of the jar. Since I've already injected, its too late for that batch if it did happen, but what would be a good way to prevent this next time? Electrical tape over holes? Also, this morning when i inoculated, I found the substrate to be pretty dense. I used the tamping down tek, but it still seemed that the solution was just sorta squirting into an air pocket on the side rather than running down to the bottom for full colonization. Is it possible that these 5 will work, and what should I do next time to make it work better? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: A quick sterilization/inoculation question [Re: Drum1boy]
    #4744875 - 10/02/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Does the Substrate look soggy? or is it still chunky? if its soggy you might want to try again if its still chunky, air pockets are normal because your not suppose to pack down the mix.

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
    #4744878 - 10/02/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

at this point all you can do is wait and see. In the future try Micropore tape over the holes then put foil over the lid. Micropore tape can be found in the firstaid section of any store under the Nextcare label.

OfflineDrum1boy
Stranger
Re: A quick sterilization/inoculation question [Re: lowdominion]
    #4744902 - 10/02/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

cool...i think alot of the problem is that i'm using some really fine vermiculite, so it probably shouldn't be tamped down at all. I'm gunna PC another 5 tonight, so i'll take your advice on the tape and the air pockets

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#4744980 - 10/02/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Is your tin foil touching the water when you put them into the PC? The first time I Pc'd some 1/2 pint jars I wraped the tin foil all the way around the jars so it tuched the water. I couldent figure out how so much water got into my jars untill I realized that the cooling jars will suck a certin amount of air back into them and if there is a seal with the tin foil in the water it will suck the water into you jars. All I changed was makeing the tin foil just go down to the bottom of the band and I haven't had water on my lids since.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale