Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
NorCal Libs.
    #4742140 - 10/01/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, ive been doing a little bit of research today on the active species here in Cali to get ready for the season. After doing a search i came up with a thread that Mj posted in stating That Libs do not grow in Cali. Ive heard of reports of finds here in the bay, and Psilocybe Semilanceata IS listed on the active list for NorCal.

While ive heard of finds here ive never seen pics or seen the fruits. Ive heard it from numerous people from my town on different occasions so it seems reputable. I plan on spending some time in the pastures there soon enough to see for myself.

Do any of the Cali hunters have any pics of libs from here? Im going looking either way cause i figure if its on the active list it HAS been found here before, but id still like to have some reassurance in picture form. And now back to the seach function!

Thanx guys,
suimush :mushroom2:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: NorCal Libs. [Re: sui]
    #4742202 - 10/01/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hey there. I don't have pics, but libs have been found in Northern California. I know, because personally in 1979-1980, I attended Humboldt State and picked and ate quite a few in the coastal pastures north of Arcata. I am absolutely positive on the ID, my roommates were Botany majors at HSU and they knew their stuff, and I distinctly remember the separable pellicule, and the fact that they grew in the sedge within the pastures.

I moved three thousand miles out of Humboldt a few months ago, and I don't know if libs still grow in the area but they were definately there in the time frame mentioned above. If I was still in California, though, I'd be looking for the psilocybe cyanescens in the dunes of Humboldt County starting in the next month or so -- following the first heavy rains. They are the best, by far. I found many, many wonderful wavy caps last year and year before. (Like the plateful in your profile pic?)

Good luck in your efforts.

Peace

Edited by BobHumboldt (10/01/05 07:18 PM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: NorCal Libs. [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4742235 - 10/01/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BobHumboldt said:
If I was still in California, though, I'd be looking for the psilocybe cyanescens in the dunes of Humboldt County starting in the next month or so -- following the first heavy rains.  They are the best, by far. I found many, many wonderful wavy caps last year and year before. (Like the plateful in your profile pic?)

Good luck in your efforts.

Peace

Yeah im going to be mainly searching for Cyanescens. They grow in the area. Im positive i can find a patch within walking distance of my house. The Libs i thought would be cool cause i didnt see any pics last season of NorCal  libs. I figured why not? It is on the active list.

The mushrooms in my avatar are Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa. Those are a small sample from a large patch i discoved last season. :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4742332 - 10/01/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, I wasn't sure on the ones in your avatar -- I looked for cyanofibrillosa last year -- right in the spot where MJ describes the famous haul (101 between Arcata and Eureka) but never found any. They look a little bit like cyans, especially the flattened ones that have a little bit of the wave to the cap.

And it was funny, the cyans in Humboldt that I found always grew right in dune grass, never in woodchips like they do in Seattle. But damn, they are awesomely potent. 7 or eight grams, fresh cyanescens was probably one of the high points of my life. I used to take them and just lay in bed and trip on the closed eye visuals, meeting the green man.

Ah well, now I'm back east, so I'll probably never see the cyanofibs, or the ps. cyanescens again. (That is, unless I can figure out how to use the spore prints that I took, heh heh).

Edited by BobHumboldt (10/01/05 08:05 PM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#4742338 - 10/01/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

how come you moved east? Are there any actives where you are now?

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4742395 - 10/01/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

pan subbs can be found all over the US.

ive found one stande-alone lib in all my hunting days in cali. ive heard of more finds on campus grounds though.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: NorCal Libs. [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4742402 - 10/01/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
pan subbs can be found all over the US.

ive found one stande-alone lib in all my hunting days in cali. ive heard of more finds on campus grounds though.

Cool even one stand alone lib is still better than what i knew before. Ill take your word over the word of my stoner friends:lol:

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

#4743679 - 10/02/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Oh so I have to look in the sedges? Like search a lot inside the sedges? Can you give me some more tips of how to where in cow pastures to find libs? And how you usually do it? PlZ help me out It's the season and 3 times already have I searched and found nothing because I was prolly looking in the wrong spots (on the side of the fields where bushes grow(lot's of shade and stays wet longer) found lot's of small in-actives though..but no libs) Plz Plz help me :frown:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
    #4743792 - 10/02/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

That is a good question, I was planning to look for some in a couple of select fields, but I don't anticipate finding any in the bay area. I really don't believe that they are here and if they are, likely it is in such small amounts that your endeavors would be better spent elsewhere. Still, it would be nice to provide that elusive photo. Kinda like finding bigfoot.

I am certain that they are in extreme northern California, though I never had the priveledge of hunting there.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineGwize
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4745100 - 10/02/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BobHumboldt said:
And it was funny, the cyans in Humboldt that I found always grew right in dune grass, never in woodchips like they do in Seattle. But damn, they are awesomely potent. 7 or eight grams, fresh cyanescens was probably one of the high points of my life. I used to take them and just lay in bed and trip on the closed eye visuals, meeting the green man.

Woah I did the exact same thing with my cyans that I picked, being anywhere other then my bed wouldn't turn out so good. I would get so tired but I'VE SEEN THOSE GREEN MEN in my closed eye visuals too except they looked more like elves. very eerie i say.

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Is the Cyan Green Man too off topic? [Re: Gwize]
    #4750589 - 10/03/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,

This probably is getting off topic, so I apologize. When I picked and ate liberty caps in Humboldt County my experience was usually either: extremely religious -- being one with God and all that, or: everything is an equation... but with Cyans, for me anyway, when I said meeting the Green Man, it was literally seeing the spirit of Gaia -- except in my experience Gaia was a huge plant/man spirit, incredible convoluted patterns, and feeling part of the whole deal. Which is kind of wierd considering that a fungus would inspire a vision of green plants. But I've heard Teonanacatl described as "the flowery dream" so it's probably built into the hypermind.

Anyway's I moved back east as a career move and for my family -- us old farts have to make some sacrifices sometimes I guess. Haven't found any actives except Amanita Muscaria, but I'm sure some will find me sooner or later. And -- returning to the topic of Libs -- in northern California, feel free to send me a message and I'll tell you all I can recall about finding them in Humboldt County within a secure IM.

Peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies