Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetokey666
Lamb of God
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom
after harvest......then......what?
    #4742196 - 10/01/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This may not be the appropriate forum, but seems like it fits. After you harvest the shroomies, how do you prepare them to eat? Do you wash under cold water? Do you make sure you remove all spores? Do you soak?

Also, consumption of the FRESH mushrooms. (The FAQs JUST have already dried shrooms.) What alternatives are there to popping them in your mouth and chewing? Can you cook them on a pizza?

There seems to be a black whole between harvest and already dried. Trying to fill it here! :smile:

Thanks all!

-Tokey

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: tokey666]
    #4742223 - 10/01/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

if you want to eat them fresh thats fine but it's just harder to dose that way. You don't need any preperation just pick and eat. Just multiply the dose dried by ten for fresh shrooms

Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Loc: Hawaii
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: lowdominion]
    #4742246 - 10/01/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If I'm going to eat them fresh, I like to mince them and put them in some sort of dip like hommus or salsa then eat them with pita/chips.

If I don't plan on eating them fresh they go straight from the cakes onto the fan. After 24 hours on the fan they go into the dissicant chamber for drying and storage.

--------------------
Once I saw this wino who was eating grapes, and I said, "Dude, you have to wait". - Hedberg

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: lowdominion]
    #4742248 - 10/01/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes you cant eat them fresh, just keep in mind if you want to take an eighth in fresh mushrooms it is going to be like 35 grams instead of 3.5. To keep them for more time you need to dry them.

Sure you can put them on a pizza, I usually put them on after the pizza is done cooking too make sure i don't lose any of the psilocybin to heat. I have also put mushies in smoothies, cream o wheat, sandwhichs. YOu can make chocolates or caramels. The really are no limits too what you can do with them.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4742260 - 10/01/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Yes you cant eat them fresh, just keep in mind if you want to take an eighth in fresh mushrooms it is going to be like 35 grams instead of 3.5.  To keep them for more time you need to dry them. 

Sure you can put them on a pizza, I usually put them on after the pizza is done cooking too make sure i don't lose any of the psilocybin to heat.  I have also put mushies in smoothies, cream o wheat, sandwhichs.  YOu can make chocolates or caramels.  The really are no limits too what you can do with them.

:thumbup:
as long as you don't really cook them.  how was the cream of wheat? mmm...winters coming.
:peace:

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: wuotan]
    #4742348 - 10/01/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:rotfl: u have the coolest avatar EVER

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Offlinetokey666
Lamb of God
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4742730 - 10/01/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

cream of wheat does sound awesome.....and then, once they dry....i can do some hot apple cider.... :smile:

Thanks everyone!

OfflineNilsen9491
SuperNoob
 User Gallery

Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: tokey666]
    #4742753 - 10/01/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Try mixing them in a cup of yogurt. It's a nice way to get 'em all down with out having to taste a thing. You don't have to chew or anything, just spoon in mouth and swallow.

--------------------
Big Mike

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: after harvest......then......what? [Re: Nilsen9491]
    #4743580 - 10/02/05 01:56 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The cream of wheat was one of my fav ways to take em. I put them in after the wheat is done. They get a little mushy if your using dried shrooms, but I like my cream of wheat chunky if you know what i mean and so i didn't really notice.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation