Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Weird growth...might be contam.
    #4740584 - 10/01/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My camera isnt working at the moment but ill try to get pics up as soon as possible. Well its been about 2 weeks and 1 day exactly since i inocd my jars. They were doing really nicely growing nice white mycelium ropes and a couple of days ago i noticed condensation starting to happen. The flucuation of the temps (day-night) might be causing the condensation. Anyways ive noticed that some parts of the mycelium expecially the area closer to the verm looks clear/white and some spots of the myc i can still see some verm. Its mostly all bright white, but there are those areas that look clear/white. Is it the moisture? or a contam? Oh yea and it looks like the cake shrunk im hoping that is a good sign. Ill try to get pics up asap.

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

My Print/Syringe Trade List

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weird growth...might be contam. [Re: Smartweed]
    #4740594 - 10/01/05 12:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

if you're referring to myc growth in which you can still see the underlying substrate, you'll be ok. Condensation is normal, as well as the cake shrinking, all good signs that the myc is doing its job. I say you're ok, if you're worried about contams just keep your eye on it. Ususally a contam will take over a jar completely in a day or two, especially cobweb.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4740596 - 10/01/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you're fine to me!

--------------------

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

#4740599 - 10/01/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Cool Thanks,
However I got a question about the mycelium, should it be completely white? or is it normal to be at 100% colonization and have clear/white areas?

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4740740 - 10/01/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I can't see the myc being "clear". If it looks similar to the myc towards the bottom of this jar: you should be OK. Alot of times people get paranoid on their first grow about cobweb mold. Let it finish colonizing. You're fine, relax. :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Weird growth...might be contam. [Re: FooMan]
    #4741440 - 10/01/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yea it looks similiar to the area the edges of the mycelium that you see there.

However today I noticed 1 cake had these small grey/black dots on the bottom, I dont know if its verm or if its a contam. Also I found a jar that had green substrate hiding between an almost fully colonized jar.

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4741478 - 10/01/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the green was hiding between two jars or the green was in another jar next to one almost colonized or one that was almost colonized had some green in it?
the one with the grey/black dots, just keep an eye on them, if it starts to spread then you know, if not just some verm like you suggest.

best of luck
:peace:

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Weird growth...might be contam. [Re: backupwards]
    #4741720 - 10/01/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The green was in a jar that was 90%+ colonized, I found it hiding between 2 mycelium growths in the jar.

I also have another jar that looks 100% colonized however its the one with the grey/black dots and i think i found a small green dot aswell. its dunking at the moment im gonna try to fruit it solo and see how it goes.

--------------------

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

#4741813 - 10/01/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

is it on the colonized grain? if you move the jar around the mycelium can bruise blue.

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Weird growth...might be contam. [Re: puwtrip]
    #4741957 - 10/01/05 08:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

im preety sure its mold, it really looked like it.

--------------------

OfflineKatuXiK
Spiderling
Male

#18923977 - 10/03/13 01:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Be careful, you can only see the surface, never know what's growing in the center. I've read a couple posts about how a contam was noticed and the mycelium appeared to take it over, but the center of the cake/grain was all sorts of funny colors.

Also does it have any smell to it that is abnormal?

Edit: 8 year old thread.. talk about embarrassing, I just did this twice... I'll be paying WAY more attention to dates from now on.

--------------------
"Well, you threw me down the stairs, then ran off through the parking lot in your underwear screaming 'I'm not gonna die!' and ate shit trying to jump a mail box." :samus:
Report here.

Edited by KatuXiK (10/03/13 01:37 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation