Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
unexpected problem
    #4740565 - 10/01/05 12:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, so i have two poo casings. One i managed to case is now pinning wonderfully in my FC. The other was lagging behind and had not finished colonizing the poo. I check on it today and there are about 10 pins with a shit ton of knots. Problem is there's still a bunch of uncolonized areas on the casing, especially in the corner, id say its about 90% done. Is it ok to go ahead and fruit it? I left it in the incubation chamber which is acting as a mini monotub right now. I think what happened is the current drop in temp in our area which cooled my incubation area greatly.

What should i do with the uncolonized portions of poo?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: unexpected problem [Re: coda]
    #4740573 - 10/01/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Is it the poo that's uncolonized or the casing? I would say you got pins from peeking at it too much before it's time, which exposed it to pin initiating light. :smirk:

I would just pick the pins you have now and case that sucker(if it isn't already). Then fruit it and hope your next pinset is better.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: unexpected problem [Re: FooMan]
    #4740586 - 10/01/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yes its the uncolonized poo casing that's pinning.  I did the 3-4 day wait thing before i checked, and then i started checking every day.  Bad i know,  but its possible ill be having some people over next weekend that might want to trip with me, so i got the impatient blood flowing through me and checked it every day.

Problem is, i really dont want to pick the pins, if the knotting im seeing is going to mature as is, then ill have a  pretty damn good pinset.  Im not worried about fruiting it without a casing layer, its just the uncolonized portions im worried about.  I know they are more prone to contams, but it just seems like its the top layer thats not finished yet, it feels firm underneath so i know the myc has taken hold below, it just hasnt come up through the surface.  Will it continue to colonize these portions, or should i cut them out? 

I cant believe this is happening honestly, that's two casings in a row which unexpectedly pinned on me, not that im complaining, im just at a loss for what i should do :wink:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

Re: unexpected problem [Re: coda]
    #4740600 - 10/01/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i wouldnt put a casing layer on that now that its started pinning. i had problems in the past with tubs pinning before full colonization due to opaque tubs. i'd give it light and fruit as normal. then dunk it and cut out the uncolonized parts. then cover the whole thing with just enough dry verm that will stick to the wet surface of the substrate, spray it down real good and fruit it again.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: unexpected problem [Re: buggers]
    #4740609 - 10/01/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yah, never said i was gonna case it just yet, i just dont know what to do with the uncolonized portions in the mean time.

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation