Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerainbowlight
Stranger
ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories
    #4740105 - 10/01/05 06:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well tonight i went prancing around in my neighbors cow field, its huge, probably 10 football fields in each direction. i was out there for a little while peeking around, until i started hearing all these noises, huffing and grunting, it was kind of scary not being able to see them and being in a huge field in the middle of the night so i slowly started walking in a different direction and all of a sudden a huge herd of cows storms past me, scared the living shit out of me, those things are so damn big face-to-face, one of the scariest experiences of my life! i started to book it and probably stepped in who knows how many cow patties, then ended up running into an electric fence haha. i slipped underneath it and all the cows came up to torment me. huffing and grunting at me. i bet the farmer trained them cows to scare off shroom hunters. i think im gonna stick to cyanescans from now on out.

damn cows are scary bastards

--------------------
the bounty of life lies in thy breast

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThatONTguy
Stranger
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: rainbowlight]
    #4740349 - 10/01/05 10:29 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

HAHAHAHhAhaha wtf
:grin: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Did they head butt you at all? Maybe they were just being extra friendly.

Edited by ThatONTguy (10/01/05 10:30 AM)

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: ThatONTguy]
    #4740381 - 10/01/05 10:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Cows usually run away from anything. But if they feel truly threatened they'll make those huffy-grunty noises and maybe charge you. But I seriously doubt they'd do anything to harm you unless you were raping one of the calves or something.

Some Q's: did the electric fence shock you when you ran into it? What type of mushroom were you looking for?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: Gog]
    #4740416 - 10/01/05 11:07 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ha, you obvoiusly haven't encountered angry bulls.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #4740439 - 10/01/05 11:16 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Calf Raping! LMAO!

Seeing that you were out at night when cows are on alert for predators like wild dogs,Big Cats and coyotes... There natural response is to herd the young and old inside the pack then stampede at any given moment..

Seems you spooked the cows and they moved on to a safer part of the pasture away from you.

Cows are just as curious of you as you are of them.. you need to treat them like a big dog... They are very intelligent and will almost never provoke anything with you..

Now on the other hand.. Everything I just said is not in play when you deal with Bulls...

Yessup :thumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: YESSUP]
    #4740483 - 10/01/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yea...the o'lady was starting her 'monthly thing' and she comes up to me out of the blue and says "blah, blah, blah, blah,. . ." Oh, sorry, you said bad cow, not mad cow..my bad.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
    #4740545 - 10/01/05 12:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I grew up around dairy farms on the West Coast. During the summer months while out of school (Middle school), my buddies and I always had to look for something to do late at night since we tended to make trouble around the neighborhood late at night. One of the smart ones mentioned something about going cow tipping. We ended trekking the 5 blocks to the nearest dairy and hopped in the field.

Let me explain the dairy layout a bit so you get a picture. The dairy farms in our area usually had 10 to 20 acres of penned area with at least a hundred cows in there. In the middle of the fields there was usually a cow shit mountain that the cows loved to walk on and sleep around. This cow shit mountain was probably 15 to feet high with a base around 100 feet by 40 feet. The farmer?s house was always next to the fields and most likely had a good vantage except for what was on the other side of the shit mountain.

The 5 of us made a start towards the mountain and found that the cows weren?t sleeping when we got there. This befuddled us since the cows were supposed to be asleep when tipping we were told. Alternate plans were in the works that we were going to ride the cows instead. One of my friends named Steve  climbed up the mountain and was crouching there waiting. The rest of us went to corral a bessie towards the mountain were our friend was waiting. At this point the whole herd knows that something isn?t right and start a moo fest late in the night.

The Bessie we singled out starts walking towards the hill since two people are behind her and one to each side. She passed right below Steve who spontaneously jumps on her back with a leg splayed to each side and grabs her neck with all his might. At this point the bessie freaked out and bolted and belted one of those high pitched moos that something isn?t right. She got about 20 feet before throwing my friend to the ground and running off. The hold herd is in a panic now and making lots and lots of noise.

Suddenly the lights inside the farmers house turn on and in 5 seconds he is out of the house, yelling expletives at us and hops in his truck as start it as quick as that. We scatter towards the adjacent field away from the road which has some grass cover and a hundred pissed off cows guarding the barbed wire fence of freedom. The five of us ran in a group not caring about the cows since I was convinced the farmer had a shotgun. It was about 200 yards away.

Now one friend, lets call him Jerry, was a tub of a kid. He had trouble making it over the fence to begin with, so this wasn?t going to be pretty. About 50 yards into the dash he is really straggling, at a 100 yards I know he isn?t going to make it with us, but this was one of those everyman for himself type deals. At 50 yards from the cows, they start to bolt when they see us running all out towards them and really pickup the high pitched moo fest. Four of us make it over the fence about the same time, I look back and see Jerry trying to make it through the displaced cows and glancing off of them here and there All said and done, the adrenaline in him must of gave him super human strength because he did one of those high jump flops over the fence and never missed a beat.

The farmer was closing fast now and ran a short distance away from the road and made head first slides into the grass. This must have been Steve?s lucky night because he slid through some cow patties and right into cow piss lake. We all had the patty experience, but not the lake . A few seconds later the farmer is on the side of the road at the fence line saying ?I know you?re in there? and trying to coerce us into giving up our hiding spots. This lasted about 10 minutes before he gave up and went back home. We waited another 5 minutes before trying to escape.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: baycafe]
    #4740738 - 10/01/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Heheheh. That's a funny story. I never did those kinds of things... I spent my time musing about philosophy and existence when I was younger. (Well...not all the time. Popsicles and ice cream played a part too).

I know bulls are a different story. The cow pastures I've been to didn't have any bulls. It's kind of idiotic of a farmer to throw a couple bulls into a group of dozens of cows. Or... is it patriotic? I don't know anymore.

But it seems that there's a reason that COW is in COWARD.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#4740878 - 10/01/05 02:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

once me & my friend went shrooming for the first time(i was like 14) and we saw a bull. it didnt really do anything, it was just really intimidating. It just stood its ground and gave us the "evil eye" and watched our every move. We were scared!

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: rainbowlight]
    #4741272 - 10/01/05 04:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ive been into dozens of fields and hopped fences a thousand times and never had a cow or bull mess with me aggressively.

OfflineGrib_iz_Pitera
<CrimsonPants>
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Russia
    #4741298 - 10/01/05 04:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Once I was on a visit to my colledge mate, we lounged and boozed on his dacha in a remote village. There was a nearest bastard farmer' bull which gives no peace to anybody. We had to run almost all time when we were getting into its field of vision. Once I turned out to be too close and I can guess what would be happened if it were not a deep and wide dryed ditch alongside. I jumped over the ditch as a mountain goat.. I think I couldn't do that in ordinary conditions :smile:

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4741311 - 10/01/05 04:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ive ran into bulls before , the pasture i used to goto has bulls and cows , with woods in the middle and i had a couple bulls walk back and fourth by the woods looking for me while i got behind a tree and watched them.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: sublimistri]
    #4741520 - 10/01/05 05:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My pops always used to tell me about this bull in Reno when he was growing up. It gave him and his brother a chase one day, and after they made it over the fence, his brother popped it in the nuts with a BB gun. He said it jumped nearly five feet high. :smile: Not that I am for shooting bulls in the nuts.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Offlinerainbowlight
Stranger
    #4741539 - 10/01/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gog said:
Cows usually run away from anything. But if they feel truly threatened they'll make those huffy-grunty noises and maybe charge you. But I seriously doubt they'd do anything to harm you unless you were raping one of the calves or something.

Some Q's: did the electric fence shock you when you ran into it? What type of mushroom were you looking for?

yea it shocked the shit out of me, i guess it seemed that way at least with the impact of running into it, normally when you touch an electric fence it just gives you a little zap. i was looking for anything, preferably cubies :smile:

--------------------
the bounty of life lies in thy breast

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: baycafe]
    #4742051 - 10/01/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good thread Rainbow, I like these.
Baycafe, you sound just like one of my friends. We grew up doing stuff like that too.
But, O/T, I have noticed that the cows of different fields act differently. In one field in particular, i would avoid them like the plague after they charged me one time, I will never forget it. They were all cows, I don't know what I did, I was keeping my distance, not bothering them at all. Just all of a sudden it sounded like a stampede :confused: Then I saw about 20 cows heading right for me, I turned and ran for the fence and they were actually trying to head me off (the one time I looked back)
I just laugh inside about that time I turned and ran like a scared little girl :grin:
I was seriously scared. I keep it where I know where they are at all times now, but they know not that I am there
All the other cows I see in other fields are just scared or curious. In one field I even have a cow friend who likes to walk along with me.

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: ever had any bad cow experiences? share the stories [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4764883 - 10/06/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

In the daytime I get approached, probably for food. At night they tend to go the other way, with a mooo moooo here and a mooo mooo there.

I just hate the occasional dead cow field. You think you are smelling your way to the last shro0omer who jumped the fence and got shot by the farmer and burried in a slightly too shallow grave. And of course that is where all the cubes just happen to be, right next to the dead cow!!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification