Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi
    #4718181 - 09/27/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

'K.  Just wanted to share some pics of my reishi spawning this evening.  Would like to say--reishi mycelium is like the Ice Cube to the cubie Bryant Gumble.  This is a wicked tits species.  :laugh:

Well, here are some pics of my evening's adventures that I managed to TRASH the kitchen with (stray grains, water, so many dishes, collanders, etc.  :smirk:)

The initial spawnbags:

The spawnbags after being mixed with pasteurized woodshavings, oat bran, and vermiculite. 

Where the reishi bags will hang out and get drunk until they decide to do something with themselves and fruit.

And my 1337 purchase on the vermiculite today :laugh: :

BTW, this was the hardwood planings substrate I got 4 freez:

Appears to have worked out quite well after pasteurization and adding some verm.  Hopefully we will see some robust myc. growth in a few days. 

If not, I will spam the gourmet forum with :crankey:  :wink:

Peace out, homeslicisisuses.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4719657 - 09/27/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Cool this looks really neat! Nice pictures, can't wait to see the colonization! I'm sure all will go well. I'll keep watching this thread for more.
Light and Love,
JD

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi *DELETED* [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #4719701 - 09/27/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi [Re: poboy]
    #4721425 - 09/27/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

man, your reishi grow is so organized, experianced... and sure to work. Mine is pathetic in comparison... :ashamed:

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi [Re: dr0mni]
    #4722045 - 09/27/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
man, your reishi grow is so organized, experianced... and sure to work. Mine is pathetic in comparison... :ashamed:

:lol: 

I only shared my glamour shots...you didn't see the wasteland that was my kitchen.  And my first pasteurization method was just sucking cock and so I had to get some big tubs and use roger rabbit's straw hotwater tub pasteurization pictorial from mycotopia (That's a great guide, BTW :thumbup:).  Anyway, I STILL have to mop the floor.  :wink: 

I'll post pics if I can get some fruits.  I'm still working on a greenhouse design and I'm not sure if I can localize a condensing fog with an ultrasonic within a greenhouse environment on those shelves without breeding all sorts of nasty contams in the local vicinity.  :shocked:

We'll see--I may just stick to antlers this time around and get that tried first.  I'd like to try and collect some spores off of the conchs, tho.  That would be cool. 

Anyway, so, I'll keep the forum updated.  Reishi is very cool to work with just because it's aggressive and grows well if you keep things clean.  :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4725663 - 09/28/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

awesome, a pasteurized wood based substrate w/ reishi! gl :smile:

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4739765 - 10/01/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd just add that Roger Rabbit was quite right on: This species is AGGRESSIVE in its mycelial growth.  Sweeeeeeeeeeet growth.  I'll post pics in a couple of days, but the 2 gallon bags are looking quite nice right now--this mycelium is just badass.  :laugh:

I wondering how many "port holes" I should cut into a given 2 gallon bag of colonized substrate.  I'm guessing these should be ready to initiate the fruiting stage in another week or less.  Very fast colonization. 

I'm a bit confused, still, over the growth parameters for antlers--if you cut a hole in the substrate's bag and cover it with a loose sheet of plastic and humidify it with spraying...is that okay?  This is my first time with reishi and so I'm not really hoping for much, just wondering how sensitive the species is to environmental factors given my "ad-hoc" approach. 

Thanks for any help.  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineThai_connection
Siam
 User Gallery

Loc: Thailand
    #4740858 - 10/01/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

man thats cool...i can't wait to get my plugs..planning to make lc with them and do the same. hey gnubobo you mentioned dunking?? is this after full colonization or after the first flush? and what and how long ya dunk it? comon tell me...
peace
Thai

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Do-do-do-do-do-do, Muh-Muh-Muh Myyyyy Resihi [Re: Thai_connection]
    #4741557 - 10/01/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No dunking...pasteurization bath maybe?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder