Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen
    #4735550 - 09/30/05 08:13 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Ok then for the shroomers that don't know ibuprofen it's just like asprin only ibuprofen is stronger and it sedates more in higher doses...

Last monday I was feeling depressed and I decided to take a big dose of Ibuprofen to sedate myself and get calm again. So I went to the cabinet and took 12 caps of 400 mg each. So a total of 5,2 grams! I took a glass of water and swallowed them all. I decided to walk down to the park and hope it'll kick in while I was out walking. When I just entered the park I felt really sedated. I felt like my feet couldn't even touch the ground. I felt like I was a complete morron and I felt like everyone that would see me thought I was drunk and an idiot.

I know that it's really unhealthy to take 12 caps and it was actually quit dangerous but I didn't really care at that time...

I really haven't decided if I liked it or not... On one hand it felt good but on the other hand I felt really weird the rest of the day...

Any of you guys ever tried this?

I'M NOT TELLING YOU TO TRY THIS I JUST WANNA DISCUSS IT...

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: Brakkie]
    #4735567 - 09/30/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like a better idea to leave the medicines where they are until you actually need them one day (it would suck to have tolerance when you need them, wouldn't it :smirk:)

smoke a joint/eat some hasj in stead, since you live in the netherlands it's a good option :thumbup:

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: stefan]
    #4735911 - 09/30/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I know that that would be a better idea hehe...

But my tolerance for ibuproefn is already pretty high... I need about 4 to cure a headache... lol

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4736219 - 09/30/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like time to stop taking it as a recreational drug. this can't be good for you

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: stefan]
    #4736269 - 09/30/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It really can't...damn man. There are better ways to get high.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: freddurgan]
    #4736908 - 09/30/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I ain't taking it as a recreational drug I was just doing some experiments... This was my 3rd and final time. I did a 6 cap experience (nothing much) and an 8 cap experience (just a slight feeling) and then the 12 cap...

I know there are better ways to get high so I got this huge piece of weed lying on my desk right now hehe Ready to be used tonight hehe

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4738082 - 09/30/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

unhealthy experimentation

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #4738569 - 09/30/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Id be weary of any OTCs.

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4738578 - 09/30/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

man you guys should leave the kid alone, he already stated that this was his last attempt at experimenting, its not like hes killing himself, and ya, its wrong, ya its bad, ya its even kind of gross in my opinion, but i know of people who deserve these scolding tones much more than this young lad, people who put shit up their nose that doesnt belong there, people who inhale shit that was meant to kill bacterial cells (and any other cells it comes into contact with), etc. my thoughts, glad u had fun and didnt get crazy and puke, my advice >>> dont do it ANYMORE

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: PookztA]
    #4738596 - 09/30/05 08:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't use a scolding tone...

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: My experience with a (pretty) big dose of Ibuprofen [Re: PookztA]
    #4739984 - 10/01/05 02:43 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:
man you guys should leave the kid alone, he already stated that this was his last attempt at experimenting, its not like hes killing himself, and ya, its wrong, ya its bad, ya its even kind of gross in my opinion, but i know of people who deserve these scolding tones much more than this young lad, people who put shit up their nose that doesnt belong there, people who inhale shit that was meant to kill bacterial cells (and any other cells it comes into contact with), etc. my thoughts, glad u had fun and didnt get crazy and puke, my advice >>> dont do it ANYMORE

Thnx for backing me up a lil. I won't do it anymore I already stated that :wink: I know it's really unhealthy and could actually cause damage if I had taken a couple of more caps.

I did went crazy on my 2nd experience... One that was about a year ago... I took 8 caps and my heart started beating like crazy, everything started to spin and finally I puked on the toilet and went to bed for a 16 hour sleep... Wasn't really fun in my opinion... Don't know why I did it again anyway... Must be the depression that drove me to the 12 caps...

Again I won't do it anymore :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #4755330 - 10/04/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I was just reading up a bit on ibuprofen, apparently the maximum daily dose is 5400mg. To give you an indication of the dose you took, people with incapacitating arthritic conditions are prescribed ibuprofen around the 3000mg/day mark. So I imagine that taking the amount you did was probably not a good idea.

Here is some information on its toxicity should you want to repeat your little "foray" into OTC's.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/02/briefing/3882B2_06_International%20Ibuprofen%20Foundation.htm

Finally, I hope you realise that ibuprofen is an NSAID, that is to say that it is an anti-inflammatory drug and not a pain-killer. So unless you ate Nurofen Plus (ibu + codeine) or something similar, all you experienced was placebo.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder