Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebemmers1
friend of afriendly farmer
Honey Tek Extraction
    #3006629 - 08/15/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Guys,
I was just thinking, could you use the honey tek to grow up your mycelium, then extract the psilocybin from it?  I have heard of people extracting it from cakes, but have not heard of anyone doing it with the honey tek.  Again, I'm not sure if this would work or if the level of extractable psilocybin would even be worth trying to purify, but if you could get the psilocybin in high enough levels you could skip the fruiting stage altogether, no?
Thanks for the help folks, seems like an interesting idea but I don't want to waste my time!
Peace :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: bemmers1]
    #3006720 - 08/15/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This has been talked about several times and the common beliefe
is......

Shrooms are far better then any myc. extraction. But, I have not seen anybody really attack this interesting problem. I think it would be very possiable to come up with a good tek. Mabey you can be the one to prove something out.

Try anything and when you find what works, make a post and let us in on it!

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3006857 - 08/15/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

myc farming is time consuming.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#3007855 - 08/16/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a guide to psilocybin production/extraction.
Very interesting stuff ...

Offlinebemmers1
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: ragadinks]
    #3009566 - 08/16/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks folks :smile:
My friend will be excited to know that it is possible.  He's going to try and grow up the mycelium in those large class containers...kind of look like mason jars, I don't know, people use them for flour and stuff.  Anyway, thanks for the help, especially that last attachment it was a lot of help.  Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.  Oh ya, will the concentration of honey make the extraction process harder?

Anonymous

#3015978 - 08/17/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the honey will be depleted by the mycelium.

Offlineduncan8r
Scum

Loc: Syd, Australia
    #3017088 - 08/18/04 04:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hey,

I totally agree with fucknuckle here, producing the fruiting bodies :mushroom2: is much more efficent way to produce psilocybin, if its legal to do so from where your from of course.:whack:
You could do it in a liquid media, but honey media in jars is never going to work. (Note: Lots and lots of very large jars might produce a small amount) It wouldnt be worth the effort, in my opinion. There was a web site about a guy in the UK (me finks) filling his whole flat with it. Filtering it and drying it in an over.... ?:confused:

If you wanted to make a complex media -lots of it-(for batch or fed batch mode fermentation),get some pH control, temp control and add a filtered air stream to aerate and agitate (mycelia can be a bitch to agitate with impellors.... )-and be able to control it in real time....... then.. maybe it would be feasible.
PM me if you wanna discuss this further.....  :tongue2:

--------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. --Dave Barry

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: duncan8r]
    #3017214 - 08/18/04 06:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i've read several times that the presence of psilocin/cybin is negligible prior to fruitbody production.

economics are the reason nobody tries this method...

Offlinebemmers1
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: debianlinux]
    #3019278 - 08/18/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Man, there is a lot to consider here I guess! Would it be more worthwhile to just grow the fruit bodies and extract the psilocybin that way? My buddy wants it in a liquid form as he is giving it to a friend and the smaller the total material the better. Would you extract more psilocybin from just growing the carpophores and extracting it from them or is the amount of chemical proportional in mycelium as it is in the shroomies?

OfflineAquaman
liquid logic

Loc: SW USA
    #3023557 - 08/19/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bemmers1 said:
Man, there is a lot to consider here I guess! Would it be more worthwhile to just grow the fruit bodies and extract the psilocybin that way? My buddy wants it in a liquid form as he is giving it to a friend and the smaller the total material the better.

Get a coffee grinder from Wal-Mart for $10, grind the dried fruits to powder, put them in a small container and give it to your friend.

A small medicine bottle or film canister can hold several grams

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: Aquaman]
    #3024550 - 08/19/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just do a everclear extraction using bone dry fruits belened up. Strain and Evapotate for liquid hits. Keep note of doses and before/after solvent volume for dosing.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #3027405 - 08/20/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bemmers1 said:
you extract more psilocybin from just growing the carpophores and extracting it from them

ding ding ding! :crazy2:

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #3027480 - 08/20/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A thought occured to me yesterday: it's generally said that fruit bodies contain more goodies, per gram, than myc. I'm assuming that the myc is grown directly from spores. But if you took some tissue from a fruit body, and grew that in some sort of liquid (honey, or more advanced with agitators etc), then would it retain the chemotype of the fruit body, even when growing as "normal" myc? See what I mean?
I still don't know if it would be better, even if it did, but it would be interesting to find out...

Offlinebemmers1
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: Openminded]
    #3029110 - 08/20/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's a pretty crazy idea, but feasible...then again I have a biology degree not a chemistry degree, so I wouldn't know...all I know is the difference between psilocyn and psilocybin is one phosphate group (I think!), not sure where along the line the chemical loses it though....maybe a chemist out there would know?

OfflineHypha
Old Topics
    #4736985 - 09/30/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

One explanation concerning the higher concentration of alkaloids in the carpophores (fruit body) and not the mycelium is that alkaloids have evolved as a protection mechanism for the organism. It makes adaptive sense to have the highest concentration of alkaloids in the youngest and most potentially damaging part of the organism. In plants this is developing leaves and roots, in fungi this is in the carpophores before they produce spores. This is probably why it's a well known fact that you should pick mushrooms before they fully mature and it can also explain why some people insist that pins or very immature carpophores contain the most alkaloids.

Fruiting doesn't take long once you have the mycelium going and you simulate the right fruiting conditions, and I think a lot of other people who have more real-world experience with our little friends would agree that it's worth it to simply fruit the culture and do any extraction/ingestion with the actual mushroom.

Openminded:
I don't think growing a culture from part of a mushroom will cause the resulting mycelium to have the same concentration of alkaloids that is normally reserved for fruit bodies. It seems pretty far fetched but I'm no expert, so I could be wrong.

bemmers1:
I'm not sure why you're bringing up psilocybin changing to psilocin but I can tell you it changes fairly quickly after ingestion. I've read it happens in the mouth, hope that helps...

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: Hypha]
    #4737201 - 09/30/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This thread has convinced me to stop posting here.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Honey Tek Extraction [Re: stvip]
    #4737288 - 09/30/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

if you were going to extract myc from cakes you should wait for the cakes to fruit and extract after they flush but before they rot.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4738413 - 09/30/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Hypha, you're responding to people that probably don't post here anymore. STOP bumping old threads.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies