Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

3 of 4 Identification helps
    #4734581 - 09/30/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This one was found in a grassy field with a lot of dog shit laying around..

* Habitat:on grassy field in a park,BC,Canada,in grass
* Characteristics of the gills:brown and attached gills
* Characteristics of the stem: 6 cms long,1 cm in diameter,brown,feels like really wet wood,solid,strong and thick
* Characteristics of the cap:2 cm in diameter,big as palm,brown,and like wet wood in texture
* SPORE PRINT COLOR(new):Light Brown
* Color that the mushroom bruises: none
* Scent of the mushroom:Like a dried up apricot

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mr_reggea/detail?.dir=/4a53&.dnm=1f99.jpg&.src=ph

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mr_reggea/detail?.dir=/4a53&.dnm=34c9.jpg&.src=ph

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mr_reggea/detail?.dir=/4a53&.dnm=83b7.jpg&.src=ph

SPORE PRINT COLOR:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mr_reggea/detail?.dir=/4a53&.dnm=353f.jpg&.src=ph

Thank you all for helping me out! :heart: :laugh:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Edited by Mr_Psilocin (09/30/05 01:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: 3 of 4 Identification helps [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4738162 - 09/30/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Most likely in the genus Paxillus.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#4738264 - 09/30/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i cant remember the name, but i see those alot around here.

they're no good for eating

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: 3 of 4 Identification helps [Re: Shins]
    #4738297 - 09/30/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Aww man they smell so darn tasty too...

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #4739695 - 10/01/05 01:14 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Did it look alot like this?

I found it in my yard, and have no idea what it is. I took a wild guess, 'cause I don't know shit. I thought it was a russula.

I could give a flying scat about what it is, though.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: 3 of 4 Identification helps [Re: psiclops]
    #4739715 - 10/01/05 01:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know psiclops...does it have wierd gills like mine too?

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4741519 - 10/01/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

falcon gets the award for first correct genus guess. Those are Paxillus involutus, a mushroom that has caused fatalities. While we have yet to have a fatality in North America from them, there have been several life threatening poisonings.

Some eastern Europeans still think they are edible. Don't let anybody convince you to eat them. The toxin doesn't always cause poisoning. When it does, it causes your immune system to destroy your blood, causing life threatening anemia within a couple hours.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: 3 of 4 Identification helps [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4743525 - 10/01/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh man imagine a little kid unknowing and eating them because they smell so darn delicious....it'll be one sad sad kid.. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4745289 - 10/02/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The only positive bit there is that they don't always cause poisoning. In fact, they cause it infrequently enough that there are people who think they're edible. They're one of the most recent mushrooms to be identified as potentially deadly.

So if somebody ate some by mistake they'd have a good chance of getting away with it. The really bad part is that they might then be tempted to eat more.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures