Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungusBoi
Hedonist
Male
multitudes of questions!
    #473794 - 11/29/01 04:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

ok, i'm ordering 3 syringes tomorrow (pf, mazatek, and hawaiian). i've been reading up like a fiend, i wanna produce the most fruits for me and my friends to indulge in in the shortest time, of course!

i plan on trying a variety of teks with the spores i initially get, and then go with whatever worked the best. i'm gonna try kerr jar innoculation, and the bag tek. i'm curious about the specifics of shakable mixtures though.

how much moisture is enough? i assume the stuff shoudl be wet, but that the water won't settle out of the mix if left alone.

how often do you shake?

i'm going from this initial state into casing in an aquarium. how often should i spray with water? i almost never see pics of the dual chambered terrariums when i look up case teks pics, should i not worry abotu that?

and i see people also use hydrogen peroxide to help sterilze their mix. does this just not attack the mycellium, only the bacteria? what concentration do you mix the H2O2 into the water so you can spray onto your substrate?

thanks for the help guys!
AIM = FungusBoi
ICQ = 52550957

--------------------
"Never rest for even a second, because a second becomes a minute, a minute becomes an hour, a hour becomes a day, and a day, a lifetime" -PTEI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: multitudes of questions! [Re: FungusBoi]
    #473841 - 11/29/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>>how much moisture is enough?
not much is needed. as long as theres moisture in there its pretty good. just prepare jars according to whatever tek youre using but make sure its not 'wet' just overly damp. if that i s a valid phrase.

>>how often do you shake?
after innoculation wait till clumps the size of pennies show and then shake. wait 3-4 days and shake again. not every day though.

>>how often should i spray with water?
get some perlite and use that for humidication, much much easier and constant. wet perlite on the bottom of the terrarium. its really that easy.

>>what concentration do you mix the H2O2 into the water so you can spray onto your substrate?
I dunno how necessary it is to use it but try not to spray it directly on your substrate/casing. if you do use very small concentration. put 1/8 to 1/4 cup or so in your wet perlite and it will do you alright.

good luck!

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder