Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreatGigInTheSky
Stranger
Loc: Earth
SHROOMS IN KANSAS
    #4130125 - 05/03/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I was looking in the finding mushroom FAQ section of the Shroomery, and it has no potential mushrooms listed for Kansas. Does anyone know of any mushrooms that grow in Kansas that are edible and make you trip etc. If someone who has knowledge of where mushrooms grow or who knows a source that could show me a more wide variety of places, I would appreciate it. I find it very hard to believe that NO EDIBLE SHROOMS grow in Kansas. I'm a noob and I would greatly appreciate any attempts at help. Thanks. :thumbup:

--------------------
All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: SHROOMS IN KANSAS [Re: GreatGigInTheSky]
    #4130218 - 05/03/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sure there's edibles in Kansas. Not many ACTIVES though.

Panaeolus subbalteatus does grow in Kansas, and it is active. But that's all I'm going to tell you about it. Google it for more info.

As far as finding edibles goes, there's too much information to summarize here. I reccomend buying a good mushroom ID book if you're serious about hunting mushrooms (not just another dude looking for an easy, cheap high).

Mushrooms Demystified is a GREAT field guide. Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms is another good book.

www.mushroomexpert.com has a lot of info about all mushrooms. Edible, poisonous, and everything inbetween (except actives, thats what we're here for.)

OfflineGreatGigInTheSky
Stranger
Loc: Earth
Re: SHROOMS IN KANSAS [Re: Gumby]
    #4130794 - 05/03/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Much thanks Gumby. Your advice shall be used wisely. I intend on purchasing Mushrooms Demystified and trying to find some Panaeolus Subbalteatus around here. Although I googled it and found out that they thrive in the Spring and the Fall... does this mean that they will be obselete in the early or middle Summer?

--------------------
All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

OfflineSeaShrooms
The dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hitchhiking
    #4653702 - 09/13/05 01:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i crave shrooms in kansas, but i cant find any or buy any :frown:

--------------------
The life of a condemned soul is hatred.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4655171 - 09/13/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

member "Peaceful Nomad" lives in Kansas,
and he visits a horse manure pile
and has found incredible amounts of Cubensis growing from it.

i dont think he has found any subbalteatus yet,
but tons of Cubes

do a search to find his pictures and posts about the cubes he finds.

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: SHROOMS IN KANSAS [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4657738 - 09/13/05 11:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Do you guys remember those posts from kansas last year though? I cant remember the screen name but he found an immense amount of cubies last year in the fall. All i can say is just get out and look and you will have a better chance of finding them, I do remember him finding them in horse dung...

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineFungus_Farming
Botanist

Loc: Next Door
Re: SHROOMS IN KANSAS [Re: phishhead]
    #4737434 - 09/30/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i member his posts phishhead...gave me hope..but he lived near KC and i live n middlge of KS. i went lookin few weeks after i seen his post but it started snowing soon after. even tho he found some n snow i did not. i think i will try again this year.waitin for rainyyyy!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates